Photo

Details that wont make it into the final cut

51 replies to this topic
73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I disagree with those who think that the convertible roofs will be left out. Unlike the smaller details of certain things like fingerless gloves being left out of GTAIV, the convertible is a pretty big deal, and i just don't see Rockstar clearly making it visible in the initial trailer, only to leave it out of the game. It is clearly the next stage in the evolution of things in the game. I liken it to when we first saw functioning lowriders in the series.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Paddle boats

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:56)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:58)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:43)
I bet the only thing from the trailer that won't make it to the final product is pedestrians "checking out" eachother.

I'm pretty sure that was just a cutscene, actually I think all of it was from prerendered cutscenes

None of the trailer is prerendered at all. It is all ingame footage. However, a lot of it was probably pre-scripted. So the features have to be there for the script, but don't necessarily have to be player controllable.

Hmmm, yea that's what I meant. I probably misused the word "prerender" because beyond using a computer for basic functions I'm almost technologically illiterate.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:01)
Since nobody harldy ever stays on topic and just says things like, "none of this" or steak, i guess someone will have to stay on topic since the little kids dont want too.

Dog will not be in final build.
Convertible car willl be cut scene, will not be able to utilize it in game.
Backpacks will not be on the back of npc's while pretending to climb mountains.

A guy will not wave his hand (no) while denying the sale of drugs as the npc does in the one scene.
Girls will not look back at you while you pump iron or walk on a boardwalk.

You will not be able to drop any type of fertilizer poison on npcs while they work on a field, from a small plane or any plane, that is a cut scene.

All those Npc's will not be against a wall looking for work on the side of the road.

npc's will not knock on the back of a truck, and then npc's jump out of the back of a truck with guns drawn. Cutscene again.

I agree totally. Most of those things look like they're from cutscenes ala hanging onto helicopters/cars in the GTAIV trailers. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on...well, you can't fool me again. Also, I agree with the poster who said the trailer was prerendered, Ive before I doubt they even had a beta of the game when that trailer came out.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, May 7 2012, 16:05)
Paddle boats

mercie_blink.gif

I doubt the surfboard will be in the final game because I'm pretty sure that we will not be able to participate in the activity thus the prop being deleted to avoid confusion. icon14.gif

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, May 7 2012, 21:30)
ala hanging onto helicopters/cars in the GTAIV trailers

You can hang on to helicopters in IV. You're probably just ignoring that fact because you want to make a point. A really bad one.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Monday, May 7 2012, 22:36)
ala hanging onto helicopters/cars in the GTAIV trailers

You can hang on to helicopters in IV. You're probably just ignoring that fact because you want to make a point. A really bad one.

Yes you can but only for about a few seconds and then you fall to the ground and get killed. So yes and no

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Method @ Monday, May 7 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, May 7 2012, 16:05)
Paddle boats

mercie_blink.gif

I doubt the surfboard will be in the final game because I'm pretty sure that we will not be able to participate in the activity thus the prop being deleted to avoid confusion. icon14.gif

Pretty sure paddle boats were originally hyped to be in GTA IV. There was a screenshot of central park and paddle boats that looked clean and usable. Theyended up all brown and beaten up with no way to use them... expect the same may happen with jet skis etc.

STR33TDR1FT3R
  • STR33TDR1FT3R

AMG Performance

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Was there anything in the GTA IV trailers/previews that didn't make it into the final cut? If not, I doubt anything will be missing from GTA V.

Looking at the trailer, it seems they're still working on the game, the first trailer doesn't show perfection just yet. It could be a possibility that something may not make it in the final cut, but I'm sure it will be something small.

Anything like retractable roofs in convertible cars won't be cut out seeing as it's one of the main shots in the first trailer. If it was something in the background, it could just be cut out but it's almost as Rockstar told us "Yes, you can retract your roof if you're driving a convertible".

I have faith in Rockstar not to cut anything big, and I know they wont. I have a feeling they want to squeeze every bit of their sweat and blood in GTA V as it's a very ambitious but achievable project.

So Rockstar, just a message, if you're going to cut anything out, make it a small thing, not something I am able to notice!

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM Edited by dirtycopVCPD, 08 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

I think were putting the cart before the horse. We know next to nothing about any features the game may or may not have. So its probably premature to get upset anything being cut.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:01)
Since nobody harldy ever stays on topic and just says things like, "none of this" or steak, i guess someone will have to stay on topic since the little kids dont want too.

A guy will not wave his hand (no) while denying the sale of drugs as the npc does in the one scene.

You will not be able to drop any type of fertilizer poison on npcs while they work on a field, from a small plane or any plane, that is a cut scene.

All those Npc's will not be against a wall looking for work on the side of the road.

npc's will not knock on the back of a truck, and then npc's jump out of the back of a truck with guns drawn. Cutscene again.

Fail man...THAT WASN'T A NPC KNOCKING ON THE BACK OF THE TRUCK IF ITS THE BALCONY GUY AND THEY'RE ROBBING A STORE

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:19)

I heard they took out the ability to jump from Motorcycles to cars in 'Sleeping Dogs'. LOL!
Darn...

Since you started it http://www.xbox360ac...lice-Story.html

Handily, every car has a tyre iron in its trunk, so if you ever need a weapon, you'll know exactly where to look

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I have a feeling convertibles will be in the game, but we won't be able to use them whenever we want. Like the operational garbage truck in GTA IV.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think the only features cut from the final are missions and dialogue and possibly a vehicle. Rockstar stated the was their biggest game yet so I don't see them taking out many features. But it seems that in every GTA a mission or two is cut for some reason so its logical to believe that there will be some things taken out.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on...well, you can't fool me again.

You Got that totally wrong... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... It only looks like you are fooling yourself with post like that.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:31 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 08 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Monday, May 7 2012, 23:46)
QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:19)

I heard they took out the ability to jump from Motorcycles to cars in 'Sleeping Dogs'. LOL!
Darn...

Since you started it http://www.xbox360ac...lice-Story.html

Handily, every car has a tyre iron in its trunk, so if you ever need a weapon, you'll know exactly where to look

I'm not gonna read an article about that garbage just because you don't get the humor in what I posted. I was just referencing the picture in your sig, making up pure crap, just like you were.

Edit sorry for double post.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:25)
What's the big deal about the rag top? What does it add to gameplay exactly?

rag tops and real steaks, man.... GTA is DOA without them... tounge.gif

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

what will change for me:

1) character's look won't be in the final cut: this happens often, i think some faces aren't as detailed as gta IV in the trailer, so they will change in the final game. it's only a feeling, but the balcony guy will change for sure.

2) Physic: there were a lot of discussion about the crash between the red car (followed by a police car) and the blue one. if the scene isn't a cut-scene, the physic seems very arcadish. i love it, but i'm sure the real physic will be similar to the one in GTA TBOGT

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (blowtorchrepair @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 12:41)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:25)
What's the big deal about the rag top? What does it add to gameplay exactly?

rag tops and real steaks and working silencers, man.... GTA is DOA without them... tounge.gif

Here, I fixed that for you! biggrin.gif

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 12:20)
Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on...well, you can't fool me again.

You Got that totally wrong... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... It only looks like you are fooling yourself with post like that.

That was a George W Bush quote.

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm pretty sure Rockstar was well aware of the mini uproar about things like fingerless gloves not making IV so I'm hoping they would have thought very carefully about all the features they were touting in the first trailer!

so i'll say most if not all will make it

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Jimmyhetfield @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 14:30)
I'm pretty sure Rockstar was well aware of the mini uproar about things like fingerless gloves not making IV so I'm hoping they would have thought very carefully about all the features they were touting in the first trailer!

so i'll say most if not all will make it

I'm leaning towards this, how could they have NOT learned form their mistakes? They're very responsive to the reactions of fans as well so I don't think we'll be dissapointed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users