Motorbike Handling

95 replies to this topic
blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I usually always jump on a NRG 900, windshield cam view, when I take a spin in L.C. The handling in TLAD and TBGT was alright, but addition of wheelie bars to the new bikes was disappointing. Riding a long wheelie was fun and a challenge until R* ruined the challenge. I hope we are free to flip the bikes over, and ride wheelies like pros in V. the wheelie cap could be an option for noobs tho'

I would like to experience a better connectivity to the road surface with the motorcycles in V. and much better throttle responses on the race bikes than was in IV.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I hope the quad has unique handling, because it is not a two wheeled motorcycle, nor a car-like automobile.

The only thing I find weird about the GTA V Quad is the fact that it has independent springs and shock absorbers for each half of the rear axle, normally there's a central spring and shock absorber for a quad bike rear axle.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'd also like the stoppies/endos to be a bit more challenging, where you can overdo it & flip the bike frontways.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

edited

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

The handling of the motorcycles was pretty much improved in the add-ons The Lost And Damned and The Ballad Of Gay Tony of GTA IV compared to the original game so I think we can definitely expect an improvement in the handling of all vehicles of GTA V, not only motorcycles.

pogilvie652
  • pogilvie652

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Completely agree, bikes are my favorite veichle in GTA games so I was disappointed also - particularly with the chopper motorbikes sad.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (pogilvie652 @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 19:38)
Completely agree, bikes are my favorite veichle in GTA games so I was disappointed also - particularly with the chopper motorbikes sad.gif

Dissapointed why? They were very enjoyable to ride in IV.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 13:40)
QUOTE (pogilvie652 @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 19:38)

Dissapointed why? They were very enjoyable to ride in IV.

The handling, the little effort it took to make you fall off. I know they wanted a realistic approach when creating IV but riding the motorbikes just honestly felt like playing a damn simulator. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Ya if they don't fix it from 4 I probably won't ever get on a bike in the game unless I am forced to in a mission.

Master Splinter
  • Master Splinter

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by Master Splinter, 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM.

I liked the whole "realistic handling" thing for streetbikes, but they can definitely improve it. You would almost always lose traction around corners unless you're going under 5mph. IRL, you wouldn't lose control that easy unless you enter the corner going like 50mph(sarcasm). Also, the first of couple gears took WAY too long to shift and would over rev like crazy. Brakes were OK.

The Sanchez is a whole different story.. It barely had any acceleration; very unrealistic, especially for a bike that large. No traction on street or dirt and felt like you were driving on a ice rink, which amazes me because it's a f**king dirtbike with dirt tires. I've owned and rode plenty of dirtbikes and four-wheelers(ATV) IRL to know that's NOT how one handles. I hope they really improve on this in V.

Side note, I hope they add a option to manually change gears.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

N/A

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Oh yeah, car handling was fine but this motorcycle handling is terrible. Serously, they accelerate too slow, drifts with very low speed when only steering, ridiculos looking wheelie and suspension is so loose that it's like broken. But I'm sure they'll fix this problem

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

edited

Emmure
  • Emmure

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

they better fix this along with the sound.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 19:16)
The rear end of that quad is really beginning to bug me, how can those springs/ shocks seriously be attached to the axle? Since when did Quad bikes have independent suspension for each rear wheel?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to copyright issues - that they can't use that particular suspension setup because it's too similar to the examples you provided.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 14:28)
The rear end of that quad is really beginning to bug me, how can those springs/ shocks seriously be attached to the axle? Since when did Quad bikes have independent suspension for each rear wheel?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to copyright issues - that they can't use that particular suspension setup because it's too similar to the examples you provided.

It's a mechanical norm, what you're saying would be like saying using a V8 in a Banshee, or titanium exhausts on the Sultan in IV, or any car that had McPherson strut towers could be subject to copyright issues. Except that they have already appeared.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 14:37)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 14:28)

It's a mechanical norm, what you're saying would be like saying using a V8 in a Banshee, or titanium exhausts on the Sultan in IV, or any car that had McPherson strut towers could be subject to copyright issues. Except that they have already appeared.

Plus the Sanchez uses the conventional rear suspension layout, in the same game. There's no logical reason for them to create such an unreal and stupid looking system for the Quad.

user posted image

JRC99
  • JRC99

Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 18:16)

sad.gif confused.gif whatsthat.gif

This. I took one look at it and said, "No, that isn't right, they have to fix it."

Tomm94
  • Tomm94

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Tomm94, 05 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

GTA IV has realistic driving, if you try driving like that in real life you would drift and loose control. Perhaps implementing realism is the problem here with GTA IV.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

i have a bike.. when you drive a bike in IV like you would drive in real life it handles fine. if not you can fail. i like it more this way than arcadish handling. you can also stop the drifting around by shifting your weight

and because of the view from behind you look slower than you are, most real bikes just don't take sharp turns once over 10-20mph so why would they in IV?

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

The only thing I don't like about the motorcycle handling is that I think it's more difficult in-game to dismount than real life. I ride dirt bikes quite often, on streets as well and it feels very different to GTA.

I don't get how you can handbrake "drift" a bike in GTA. In real life attempting to do such a thing would result in a low-side or high-side more often than not.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (JRC99 @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 21:13)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 18:16)

sad.gif confused.gif   whatsthat.gif

This. I took one look at it and said, "No, that isn't right, they have to fix it."

The Kawasaki TRX 700 has independent rear suspension, but it has A-bars and the necessary linkages which make independents springs/ dampers work.

R* have some work to do...

user posted image

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

^^^ I'm drooling smile.gif

One of the main features of this new GTA I'm looking forward is the physics + new vehicles + new areas biggrin.gif I think I will lose a year of my life just throwing vehicles around the place.

OT - I liked the motorbike handling. Lots of people don't seem to know what an apex is or what throttle + brake control does

Tomm94
  • Tomm94

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by Tomm94, 05 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

I wonder how Rockstars new handling system will work out. They said it's going to be more racing like (but not something as far as NFS), just less boat like.

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 22:37)

One of the main features of this new GTA I'm looking forward is the physics + new vehicles + new areas biggrin.gif I think I will lose a year of my life just throwing vehicles around the place.

OT - I liked the motorbike handling. Lots of people don't seem to know what an apex is or what throttle + brake control does

Instead of that R* give us this dim-witted looking thing with no proper suspension linkup;

user posted image

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (SwaggedOut @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 22:37)

One of the main features of this new GTA I'm looking forward is the physics + new vehicles + new areas biggrin.gif     I think I will lose a year of my life just throwing vehicles around the place.

Instead of that R* give us this dim-witted looking thing with no proper suspension linkup;

http://images2.wikia...x-Quad-GTAV.jpg

Yeah, that's the first thing a layman would think upon seeing that screenshot.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 11 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

I didn't like the bike handling in IV at first, but I got use to it in tLaD and I mastered it by the time I was finished. It's mainly about how you brake. I think too many people treat the left trigger as an on/off button. Nobody uses their brakes like that in real life..."I need to make a right, so I better slam my brakes!"

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 15:56)

So true. I guess everybody has "their thing", and they expect R* to treat every single detail with the same care. I just think it's impossible in some cases, because so much stuff is left for the different artists to figure out on their own. I never noticed anything wrong with that quad, but I also don't really know much about quads.

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by SwaggedOut, 11 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 17:53)
I didn't like the bike handling in IV at first, but I got use to it in tLaD and I mastered it by the time I was finished. It's mainly about how you brake. I think too many people treat the left trigger as an on/off button. Nobody uses their brakes like that in real life..."I need to make a right, so I better slam my brakes!"

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 15:56)

So true. I guess everybody has "their thing", and they expect R* to treat every single detail with the same care. I just think it's impossible in some cases, because so much stuff is left for the different artists to figure out on their own. I never noticed anything wrong with that quad, but I also don't really know much about quads.

It's messed up, rather impossible in practice; linking an independent shock and spring to a solid, horizontal drive axle does not work. For an independent suspension for a drive wheel to work that there has to be some form of media that connects the shock and spring directly to the wheel/ wheel hub in order for it to provide suspending/ damping force.

The GTA V quad has no such linkage from the shocks and springs to the wheels and looks stupid, illogical and practically impossible.

If you think I'm a "layman" then refer to the TRX 700 photo posted by JBanton earlier for conclusive proof to what I'm saying.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 11 April 2013 - 05:39 PM.

QUOTE (SwaggedOut @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 17:06)
It's messed up, rather impossible in practice; linking an independent shock and spring to a solid, horizontal drive axle does not work. For an independent suspension for a drive wheel to work that there has to be some form of media that connects the shock and spring directly to the wheel/ wheel hub in order for it to provide suspending/ damping force.

The GTA V quad has no such linkage from the shocks and springs to the wheels and looks stupid, illogical and practically impossible.

If you think I'm a "layman" then refer to the TRX 700 photo posted by JBanton earlier for conclusive proof to what I'm saying.

Nobody's calling you a "layman". The point is most people don't have any idea what you're talking about, so it's not really an issue. It's pretty obvious to me now, but it still doesn't bother me. It's like when somebody pointed out the problem with the directional tires in GTA IV. Now I notice it, but I didn't when I played the game. This is the same way for R* employees. Some get it perfect, some don't.

And now that I've done a bit of research, are you sure? It's a dual rear shock setup, but it looks like it has a solid rear axle, so it's probably just not independent. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the rear axle and wheels move while riding. It might not be a f*ck up, but simply a decision?

user posted image

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I don't agree with that... I actually think that the handling of bikes was much better in IV then the other games. In the other games, I was feeling like I falled down the bike for no reason.

zachy
  • zachy

Impatiently Waiting

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I kinda wish that V would take a page or two out of Midnight Clubs book for driving engines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users