Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTAIV pro-drug?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the game portraying drugs in a positive or a negative light? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the game portraying drugs in a positive or a negative light?

1. All drugs are bad (20 votes [35.09%])

Percentage of vote: 35.09%

2. Soft drugs (cannabis) are OK, hard drugs (heroin, cocaine and meth) are bad (28 votes [49.12%])

Percentage of vote: 49.12%

3. Drugs are generally accepted (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Poll says it all, what do you think? Does the game portray drugs (and its users) in a bad way?

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Pot smoking Jacob is fine, hard drug users are f*cked. Second option.

dmob306
  • dmob306

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:56)

In the mission Concrete Jungle, Jacob tells niko hes been smoking crack..."I don't know, I been smoking hard, you know? It f*cks wit me brain a
little, makes me think all type a' sh*t. A dread who don't trust himself can't trust no one else, seen?"

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (dmob306 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 14:57)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:56)

In the mission Concrete Jungle, Jacob tells niko hes been smoking crack..."I don't know, I been smoking hard, you know? It f*cks wit me brain a
little, makes me think all type a' sh*t. A dread who don't trust himself can't trust no one else, seen?"

Huh. Well remembered.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I did the third one cause Niko doesn't seem to have an issue selling and moving heroin

Money is money and he didn't care what he had to do to get it.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Rockstar is not pro or anti-drugs, they are just portraying the crime world.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

I think its anti drugs. The game is showing the brutal realism or drug abuse through a few characters ie Derrick's cocaine addiction drives his family apart, Brian's stranger missions etc. The only character who's really on top of it is LJ.

dmob306
  • dmob306

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

You can drink. alcohol is a drug. the game is pro-drugs icon14.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

Not only do we see the effects of abuse of hard drugs, we also see the effects of participating in distribution of it. Niko got mixed up in the heroin trade, ended up almost being killed multiple times, and killing at least five or six people simply because he was a friend of their enemy. We also see the cops crack down on the trade in nearly every mission it was involved.

Pot however, is tossed around as if it were a softball. Jacob turns Niko's car into a hotbox, Elizabeta is obviously a smoker, pedestrians advertise their drug use (If I recall correctly), etc.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

i think R* is clearly anti-violence so against any form of illegal , that's the first thing you can see when you start the game "R* in any case encourage or condone ..." . but main feature of GTA is about cars and than importance in sneaking between chickens lines , and get yourself to a safe place . so GTA without vilence and thus without drug dealing hasn't the same "taste" . i sincerely hope GTA will move to a less violent atmosphere , but i also know that it's not something easy to do

sansoocrazydevil
  • sansoocrazydevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (dmob306 @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 23:38)
You can drink. alcohol is a drug. the game is pro-drugs  icon14.gif

dont be ridiculous cigerettes , alcohol are drugs yes...

however you know that is not what was meant by "Drugs" in this thread.

Rockstar clearly doesn't promote drug use, could you imagine the lawsuit insanity ?

However Rockstar clearly is not anti-drug. Whether you are talking alcohol , cigerettes , cocaine , marijuana even placing heroine and crack in game.

L.A.NOIRE nearly everyone smoked cigerettes , all the detectives drank alcohol and a really "square" looking teenager smoked "reefer" ....dont forget the major plot which I will not mention to not spoil for the adults who choose to play this game. Also dont forget to notice the game takes place in 1947.

Rockstar is more than complicit in its stance on illegal drugs.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

What I've always liked about Niko is that his moral views are somewhat libertarian in a sense, he doesn't necessarily care what other people do to themselves, he sees it as their fault whatever comes to them. That doesn't mean Niko is anti-drugs or pro-drugs, he most likely sees it as survival of the fittest. GTA4 doesn't portray any bias, just a portrayal of reality(Though, like any other form of media, condensed and exaggerated.)

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

You can drink. alcohol is a drug. the game is pro-drugs icon14.gif

Jack Thompson logic. biggrin.gif

dmob306
  • dmob306

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (sansoocrazydevil @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 10:44)
You can drink. alcohol is a drug. the game is pro-drugs  icon14.gif

dont be ridiculous cigerettes , alcohol are drugs yes...

however you know that is not what was meant by "Drugs" in this thread.

Rockstar clearly doesn't promote drug use, could you imagine the lawsuit insanity ?

However Rockstar clearly is not anti-drug. Whether you are talking alcohol , cigerettes , cocaine , marijuana even placing heroine and crack in game.

L.A.NOIRE nearly everyone smoked cigerettes , all the detectives drank alcohol and a really "square" looking teenager smoked "reefer" ....dont forget the major plot which I will not mention to not spoil for the adults who choose to play this game. Also dont forget to notice the game takes place in 1947.

Rockstar is more than complicit in its stance on illegal drugs.

I understand that the core of GTA is like a picture of the world (and all its nasty bits) taken with a funny lens. The game is nether pro nor anti toward drugs as its users go through normal everyday situations that real users of the drugs would go through. . Which is why I'm being intentionally ridicules because this topic is a bit ridicules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users