» «
Photo

[IV | REL] The Northern Slope

23 replies to this topic
Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:06 PM Edited by Zhozheka, 03 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

The Northern side

I've created a huge mountain with race and drifts tracks. It's my first big mod for GTA and i'd like to share it with you.
Screenshots

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Known bugs:

There may be some collision holes. Fixed

Download at MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire...wtfv47r3cd976ai

Please leave your opinions about the mod. It's very important for me smile.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Whoa! That's really nice! Liking these mountain/off-road maps shown lately. icon14.gif

ETA?

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Very nice ! icon14.gif
@PrometheusX : In GTAG page , it say 'Complete' tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Nice mod. I'll be downloading it when its ready.

PS. If it is ready and your waiting for the admin's to approve it, upload on mediafire as well. GTAGarage is slow.

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:17)
Very nice ! icon14.gif
@PrometheusX : In GTAG page , it say 'Complete' tounge.gif

It's already there biggrin.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 21:31)
Very nice ! icon14.gif
@PrometheusX : In GTAG page , it say 'Complete'  tounge.gif

"Files have been uploaded and will appear online shortly"
As nk say , upload it on mediafire because GTAG approval take a long time .

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

put on gta4-mods.com

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:33)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

I'm sorry. I'm new in it. Here is http://www.mediafire...437i5x7gy0nrejx

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:05 PM Edited by nkjellman, 05 May 2012 - 08:16 PM.

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:42)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

Ok. The mod looks nice. I cant wait to try it.

But from looking at the screens there is one tiny thing I would change. You should change the guard rail texture to the metal guard rail texture. Other than that, nice job. Map shape fits LC too. It doesnt turn the map into a squarish shape.

Edit: This map is not GFWL DLC compatible. Not your fault. GFWL DLC compatibility is random.
Edit2: Nope, IV Crashed.

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:05)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

But from looking at the screens there is one tiny thing I would change. You should change the guard rail texture to the metal guard rail texture. Other than that, nice job. Map shape fits LC too. It doesnt turn the map into a squarish shape.

Edit: This map is not GFWL DLC compatible. Not your fault. GFWL DLC compatibility is random.

Now I can't test it with DLC, but how did you determine it? I've never heard about it.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:18)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

Now I can't test it with DLC, but how did you determine it? I've never heard about it.

Never mind that. I was wrong. It crashed on IV too. Are you using 1.0.4.0? I tried this on 1.0.7.0.

Also non GFWL DLC compatibility means the map just crashes on the DLC for as far as I know, for no reason. Rage can be weird like that sometimes. If you download the Ghost Peak Mountain map made by Stilldre, its not GFWL DLC compatible. It crashes on the DLC for no reason. It seems to work on Episodes From Liberty City and original GTA IV.

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:23)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

Never mind that. I was wrong. It crashed on IV too. Are you using 1.0.4.0? I tried this on 1.0.7.0.

Also non GFWL DLC compatibility means the map just crashes on the DLC for as far as I know, for no reason. Rage can be weird like that sometimes. If you download the Ghost Peak Mountain map made by Stilldre, its not GFWL DLC compatible. It crashes on the DLC for no reason. It seems to work on Episodes From Liberty City and original GTA IV.

I'm just shocked. Does GTA crash at the island or during loading? Have you added "nslope" folder to gta4/pc/data/maps?
P.S. I am using 1.0.0.7(American 7th patch)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:36 PM Edited by nkjellman, 05 May 2012 - 08:40 PM.

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:26)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

I'm just shocked. Does GTA crash at the island or during loading? Have you added "nslope" folder to gta4/pc/data/maps?

The game just stops in the loading screen. No error. It just disappears. (Wish it would quit that fast when I hit the quit button instead of sitting in a black screen for 15 sec.)

I hope you don't have that file system bug that killed my Scarface mod on Vice City. I had my Cuba map done that was south of Vice City (Miami), just like in the movie, and it was lost along with the areas I mapped in Vice City (Miami) from the movie. Basically what it did was made my map only accessible on that computer with the same directory path. If I changed it it would change the files. Basically programs read the files as what they were supposed to be with that name path, but they were screwed up. Couldn't back up files. The gta.dat was untuched. If I renamed the directory my map changes would go away. If I enabled the files in the gta.dat the game would crash because the objects were not saved in it right. This same issue happened with a gta3.img I had with custom cars. I don't know how it happened but this occurred back when I had a laptop with sh*tty Windows Vista. I hope you don't have Vista because this bug happens a lot on there if you mod files on it. I think it gets previous versions screwed up. Also the SOL mod was my normal VC. (The SOL limit hacks were there but it was normal VC) This bug isn't a bug with Renderware games, its a file system bug, and I think it happens on Windows Vista (sh*tsta).

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:48 PM Edited by Zhozheka, 05 May 2012 - 08:51 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:36)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

The game just stops in the loading screen. No error. It just disappears. (Wish it would quit that fast when I hit the quit button instead of sitting in a black screen for 15 sec.)

I hope you don't have that file system bug that killed my Scarface mod on Vice City. I had my Cuba map done that was south of Vice City (Miami), just like in the movie, and it was lost along with the areas I mapped in Vice City (Miami) from the movie. Basically what it did was made my map only accessible on that computer with the same directory path. If I changed it it would change the files. Basically programs read the files as what they were supposed to be with that name path, but they were screwed up. Couldn't back up files. The gta.dat was untuched. If I renamed the directory my map changes would go away. If I enabled the files in the gta.dat the game would crash because the objects were not saved in it right. This same issue happened with a gta3.img I had with custom cars. I don't know how it happened but this occurred back when I had a laptop with sh*tty Windows Vista. I hope you don't have Vista because this bug happens a lot on there if you mod files on it. I think it gets previous versions screwed up. Also the SOL mod was my normal VC. (The SOL limit hacks were there but it was normal VC) This bug isn't a bug with Renderware games, its a file system bug, and I think it happens on Windows Vista (sh*tsta).

Does it mean that it can be your laptop's problem. Becouse i was sending the map to my friend during i was creating it and he hadn't any problems. Do you think i should change mod status to WIP?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:54 PM Edited by nkjellman, 05 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:48)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

Does it mean that it can be your laptop's problem. Becouse i was sending the map to my friend during i was creating it and he hadn't any problems. Do you think i should change mod status to WIP?

Probably. However you may of uploaded the wrong files or missed a file. There could be a model trying to load but isn't in the IMG file.

But I'll test the mod on EFLC. The mod may not work with my Empire State Building Light patch shader files.

Edit: Worked on EFLC. I don't have my shader patch installed on there I think. I'll find out when night comes. I hope my shader patch isn't the cause of these issues.

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:54)
QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:48)
Very nice ! icon14.gif

Probably. However you may of uploaded the wrong files or missed a file. There could be a model trying to load but isn't in the IMG file.

But I'll test the mod on EFLC. The mod may not work with my Empire State Building Light patch shader files.

Edit: Worked on EFLC. I don't have my shader patch installed on there I think. I'll find out when night comes. I hope my shader patch isn't the cause of these issues.

F*ck Yeah cool.gif .

It works! Thank you for help. By the way, what do you think about the mod?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

Here comes my rating of this map.

This is a great map. You did such a nice job. Great terrain. The map isn't crammed between the edge of the map and LC. The roads are nice to drive on. Great work.

But here are some recomendations to improve your map for the next version.
-At this spot, you should mark it as a dead end. Another idea is to put some buildings here. A town or something. It would be more realistic to have a destination to go to in the map rather than a road that goes to nothing. Or you should connect it to the dirt track. I think a connection to the dirt track is something this is missing because you have to go off the road to get to the track. You have to cut through. Perhaps the best ting here would be a town and a path here or somewhere along the road to connect the road and the dirt path.
user posted image

-You should raze your whole map up a couple of meters. This spot and one on the lower part of the dirt track have water in them. But you should also have a nicer entrance to the map. What you should do is remove the part of the small island off that touches the beach in Alderny, and connect the road with a bridge to the land. The bridge would come off of the dead end at the Alderny Casino. It would separate the maps so it would look nicer, boats can drive between Alderny and your map, and make a nicer connection. It would improve how the map fits with LC.
user posted image

-Some texture things I would say to change to make the map look better would include the following. I liked the cliffs around the roads. Definitely separates the map from LC, and takes you away from the city look to a country look around the north east. However, I would retexture the cliffs so they are like the ones in the pic below. If you use the texture for them that is used in the pic I have, they would look way better. You should also add bump and spec maps. Those perform a lot of magic in adding detail. They make the textures look 3D, and can make things like little rocks and pebbles look 3D. I also think you should add some blending textures around certain parts. Your probably already going to do that in the later version though. Last thing is you should change the grass and guard rail textures to be the normal LC grass and guard rail textures. The guard rails would look more realistic and the grass will make the map blend in with LC. Your other textures blend with the normal map well though.
user posted image

-And of course the last thing is the cull bug. But I already know your going to fix that.

But over all nice map. I understand the length of my post about things to do for V2 is lengthy. Its really not. There just improvements to make. It looks very long because I described them a lot. The map creates nice views too.
user posted image
Apparently my Rotterdam Tower light fix shaders are not the problem. I think the GTA IV might be the problem. I got to look over it again. I think I know what the problem is and I think that the game will crash with out your map. I was changing a few files to test something, and I didn't change them all back properly. Issue was no vehicles.ide, as the files I was testing had the file's contents moved to the default.ide. Sorry about that.

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Update: Collision bugs were fixed

zasebnoime
  • zasebnoime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I don't understand how to install it. Can someone please help me?

Zhozheka
  • Zhozheka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (zasebnoime @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 17:41)

What is the problem? Everything is written in readme.txt

zasebnoime
  • zasebnoime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Tuesday, May 22 2012, 16:10)
QUOTE (zasebnoime @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 17:41)

What is the problem? Everything is written in readme.txt

Yes, I know that everything is written in readme, but didn't quite understand it. Figure it out later. it works and looks amazing.

sxth
  • sxth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Zhozheka @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:06)
The Northern side

I've created a huge mountain with race and drifts tracks. It's my first big mod for GTA and i'd like to share it with you.
Screenshots

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Known bugs: