Photo

Pushing Cars

40 replies to this topic
kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 18:25)
The communication in this topic seems to be pretty poor.
I think OP means the engine-induced ability to push cars. It was unrealistic indeed in the III-era games, I mean you can't push a car sideways, let alone by walking into it!
GTA IV removed it as the engine improved, however it'd be nice to have car pushing as a context option where it actually plays the animation of pushing the car.

I mean if a towtruck or by hands. Bend over and push, or tow by a truck :=)

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'd like to be able to at least handle small vehicles like motorcycles or even bicycles without having to ride on them. I think it's a nice touch to be able to push/pull it out to an open area than trying to ride out of a tight spot sometimes.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:28)
I mean if a towtruck or by hands. Bend over and push, or tow by a truck :=)

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Now that we have countryside there's a 99% chance it'll be in. I hope so, because I was disappointed that despite there was a tow truck in TLaD, it was non-functional.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Pushing cars when they run outta gas...Hahaha I have heard it all now and this is wishlist material, BTW.

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:05 PM Edited by inflamedeyeball, 06 May 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Two extra animations for grabbing and pushing a car wouldn't mean that much extra work or disk space, and would be fun to play around with. Imagine pushing a car off a hill into a crowd of people. I would be awesome. A long and tedious way to save my precious car when the engine breaks down in the middle of nowhere is something I welcome, and would enjoy very much, I think.

And yes, I want tractors back and for Tugs and Ripleys to be able to actually latch on to vehicles and tow them, but that's a given.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

I think it would work well, but only if you push it from behind. It'd be very unrealistic to push it sideways and against the direction of the wheels. Many people can push cars after they've broken down with ease. I do, however, believe that this should not be the case for trucks and other heavier vehicles (possibly SUV's?).

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Pushing SUVs is not that hard. I've pushed my uncle's Suburban when it broke down. The hardest part is getting it rolling from a stop, once it's moving, it's easy to keep it moving. As for pushing vehicles in the game, I really don't see much reason to put it in the game. I sure wouldn't be using it.

If a car becomes undriveable I'd rather have the ability to call for a tow truck.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 05:30)
Pushing SUVs is not that hard. I've pushed my uncle's Suburban when it broke down. The hardest part is getting it rolling from a stop, once it's moving, it's easy to keep it moving. As for pushing vehicles in the game, I really don't see much reason to put it in the game. I sure wouldn't be using it.

If a car becomes undriveable I'd rather have the ability to call for a tow truck.

Then you have to wait 3 hours for it to turn up. tounge2.gif
I'd welcome realistic pushing from front or behind and definatly tow trucks.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

I sure hope they don't make it like SA. I do hope they make a more realistic car pushing. With animations. They should do a trigger tapping thing to make it seem tiring. Would be nice if your engine stops working, you can push that fancy rare colored Infernus with a rare spoiler, you f*cked up so the engine doesn't work to the Pay N Spray for fixing.

A320
  • A320

Official Member of the Anti-Realism Brigade

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:31)
It was quite good in SA, but removed in GTA IV. Will it be in GTA V? Discuss.
I think it would be good. You shouldn't be able to push cars as fast as you could in GTA SA, but you still CAN push them.
Eg. if they run out of fuel.

For the tenth time they won't add fuel.

It was good in SA when you wanted to get a unique vehicle into a garage and you couldn't get in, but now that you can hotwire cars/break into them it would be useless.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 23:04)
QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 05:30)
Pushing SUVs is not that hard.  I've pushed my uncle's Suburban when it broke down. The hardest part is getting it rolling from a stop, once it's moving, it's easy to keep it moving.  As for pushing vehicles in the game, I really don't see much reason to put it in the game.  I sure wouldn't be using it.

Then you have to wait 3 hours for it to turn up. tounge2.gif
I'd welcome realistic pushing from front or behind and definatly tow trucks.

Wait 3 hours? No thanks! tounge.gif

Make it unrealistic, like the police/EMS/Fire Department showing up in just a few seconds after you call.

Like I've said many times, I'm not hoping for an absolutely realistic game. I'm hoping for a fun one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users