Photo

Pushing Cars

40 replies to this topic
kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

It was quite good in SA, but removed in GTA IV. Will it be in GTA V? Discuss.
I think it would be good. You shouldn't be able to push cars as fast as you could in GTA SA, but you still CAN push them.
Eg. if they run out of fuel.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Never heard that before...

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

With the tractors? Considering there'll be countryside it'll make sense to be included.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:37)
With the tractors? Considering there'll be countryside it'll make sense to be included.

That too, ofc, but I mean that when you go behind the car and start running, the car moves.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:47)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:37)

That too, ofc, but I mean that when you go behind the car and start running, the car moves.

Was that in San Andreas?

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

That is unrealistic. It was in San Andreas because the physics engine was weak and old. That's impossible with the Euphoria Engine. wink.gif

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Da Perzinga @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:52)
That is unrealistic. It was in San Andreas because the physics engine was weak and old. That's impossible with the Euphoria Engine. wink.gif

As I said, it is only unrealistic if the car moves too fast/much. R* should make a move for that. I mean like, you go behind your car, you bend over and start pushing it.
OR, some services. Your car can break down, you know. Especially if they add fuel (which is a speculation).

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:03 PM Edited by Da Perzinga, 05 May 2012 - 02:12 PM.

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 15:59)

As I said, it is only unrealistic if the car moves too fast/much. R* should make a move for that. I mean like, you go behind your car, you bend over and start pushing it.
OR, some services. Your car can break down, you know. Especially if they add fuel (which is a speculation).

Maybe when the protagonist of GTA V is strong enough. Or we're going to play a very old man. wink.gif But I don't think that they make a feature like this. whatsthat.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Da Perzinga @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 00:52)

If you can get behind a car and push that would make sense, and sometimes you need to be able to push the car.
If you think that is unrealistic you must be an incredibly weak individual.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

You don't have to be especially strong to push a car with the handbreak off along on a level surface, and it's something most of us will have done or will do at some point.

Pro stong men can pull 747s, trains, etc, so I'm sure the protag could handle a car unless he has a really bad back, or no legs, or something.

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:06)

If you can get behind a car and push that would make sense, and sometimes you need to be able to push the car.

No, I mean that it is unrealistic like it was in SA.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Da Perzinga @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 01:10)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:06)

No, I mean that it is unrealistic like it was in SA.

We are not talking about pushing cars like San Andreas.
I know what you meant, but clearly you did not know what the thread creator meant, which was to push a car like you would in real life, as opposed to what you were thinking which was pushing a car like in San Andreas.

Bohan Bomber
  • Bohan Bomber

ShadyAftermath

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 10:08)
You don't have to be especially strong to push a car with the handbreak off along on a level surface, and it's something most of us will have done or will do at some point.

Pro stong men can pull 747s, trains, etc, so I'm sure the protag could handle a car unless he has a really bad back, or no legs, or something.

So your saying the protagonist may be a re-imagined Christopher Reeves?

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

CJ couldn't push cars in GTA SA, it was just a bug because the engine wasn't advanced enough to make the cars have any weight like they do in IV. Running repeatedly into the back of a car is pointless and if anything the car only moved a few inches so it's hardly practical if you were to run out of fuel in the middle of the countryside.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

If you were able to push it and use it as cover to move forward it would be good. But I don't see much use apart from that.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Let's say, you crash your car and it starts smoking black and stops working (first featured in GTA IV) in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, then it's a good feature if you dun wanna lose your precious or valuable car wink.gif
We all know GTA V's map will be HUGE.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 14:40)
If you were able to push it and use it as cover to move forward it would be good. But I don't see much use apart from that.

This reminds me of a multiplayer gang hideout scenario in RDR where you have to clear an abandoned mine of bandits while pushing a mine cart filled with their loot. I can't think of a modern situation though where you'd need to push a car for cover unless it was just one mission specific scenario.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Maybe if you get behind the car as cover (by pressing R1), then it could be like Uncharted 3 where you could push the left analog stick forward to move the car. This would be cool, especially in a shootout smile.gif

divingstation
  • divingstation

///////////////

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 14:45)
Let's say, you crash your car and it starts smoking black and stops working (first featured in GTA IV) in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, then it's a good feature if you dun wanna lose your precious or valuable car wink.gif

imagine calling a truck out to come and fix it for you

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Respect Is Everything

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

would be good for random pedesterian behavior

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (divingstation @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 15:04)
QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 14:45)

imagine calling a truck out to come and fix it for you

Yup, that's what I said. This, or pushing the car into a garage.
It's Rockstar's choice.

Psychotic Mind
  • Psychotic Mind

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, i like that. I'd just push my van onto the side of the road, and just sit there and masturbate.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Psychotic Mind @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:54)
Yeah, i like that. I'd just push my van onto the side of the road, and just sit there and masturbate.

I wouldn't masturbate over a feature o.O

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 13:59)

Well, then why have fuel? See, this is why I don't want that feature in the first place. Firstly, you'd have to sit at a fuel station, waiting for a refilling cutscene to end, and secondly, you could end up having to push your car for two hours out of the country side or desert. This would make the feature not only pointless, but extremely annoying. Plus, I don't want strategy or difficulty just forced on me like that. I mean, what if I suggested a thing that forced you to use cheat codes? Because it's the same basic principle you know. You're forcing people who aren't role players and who aren't even interested in role playing to role play anyways just because some people did want it. That's not fair to the non role players.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 17:32)

Well, then why have fuel? See, this is why I don't want that feature in the first place. Firstly, you'd have to sit at a fuel station, waiting for a refilling cutscene to end, and secondly, you could end up having to push your car for two hours out of the country side or desert. This would make the feature not only pointless, but extremely annoying. Plus, I don't want strategy or difficulty just forced on me like that. I mean, what if I suggested a thing that forced you to use cheat codes? Because it's the same basic principle you know. You're forcing people who aren't role players and who aren't even interested in role playing to role play anyways just because some people did want it. That's not fair to the non role players.

Hmm... a fair response. Well, the pushing thing can't be annoying (cuz it's optional), but fuel might be for some.
The car can still break down like in GTA IV. And when you're in a desert, no other cars around, then WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
It would be nice if you could push your car (or call services) if you dun wanna lose your precious and (possibly) modified car.
Also, when you're doing a mission and your car breaks down. You're like a mile from the "endpoint" in which you have to park your car. But when it breaks down somewhere, you can't even move it, which is, pardon me, very unrealistic.

Just my opinion.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

If you run against a car for like 2 seconds, make the character push the car with force of his hands and slow down his movement a bit. (so the anim looks somewhat realistic). And yes it would be quite cool, ex: when you crash the car, engine's out, but it's not on fire - and there's a PnS nearby.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Aww come on, don't bring the realism debate in here too.

Why not have it just for the sake of it? I would really enjoy it. Also, maybe it would prevent situations where the player is stuck between a car and another object (in which case you could simply jump up on the car, but still...!)

No special animations, no special buttons, simply run into a car and it moves. Like the III era. Why not?

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAfear @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 17:49)
Aww come on, don't bring the realism debate in here too.

Why not have it just for the sake of it? I would really enjoy it. Also, maybe it would prevent situations where the player is stuck between a car and another object (in which case you could simply jump up on the car, but still...!)

No special animations, no special buttons, simply run into a car and it moves. Like the III era. Why not?

Fine with me. Besides, the real point is that THE CAR SHOULD MOVE! Does it have a special animation or not.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 17:43)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 17:32)

Hmm... a fair response. Well, the pushing thing can't be annoying (cuz it's optional), but fuel might be for some.
The car can still break down like in GTA IV. And when you're in a desert, no other cars around, then WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
It would be nice if you could push your car (or call services) if you dun wanna lose your precious and (possibly) modified car.
Also, when you're doing a mission and your car breaks down. You're like a mile from the "endpoint" in which you have to park your car. But when it breaks down somewhere, you can't even move it, which is, pardon me, very unrealistic.

Just my opinion.

Tow truck services and being able to push the car are things I would be fine with.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Boring Car Fan

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

The communication in this topic seems to be pretty poor.
I think OP means the engine-induced ability to push cars. It was unrealistic indeed in the III-era games, I mean you can't push a car sideways, let alone by walking into it!
GTA IV removed it as the engine improved, however it'd be nice to have car pushing as a context option where it actually plays the animation of pushing the car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users