• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 12:46)
Heaven is supposed to be a place only for humans, because we are the only ones who can act morally and ethically. Animals don't get into heaven because they don't do that, they just act on instinct and aren't bound by the same ethical and moral codes. Well if they do believe that we slowly became human, surely heaven was just sitting idle for billions of years? When God suddenly decided, "hey you know what, let's actually populate this place!." Then around 200,000 years ago he decided we were evolved enough and intelligent and accountable enough to start letting us in.

dude.

you can't actually stop to think about this sh*t logically.
that's not how religion works.

I mean, it gets even worse than your "empty heaven" example.
just consider life on Earth prior to the last 2,000 years.

if life and the universe and everything was created simply for humans to exist here on Earth, then why is the universe so large?
why create so much empty space? virtually everything around us is dead and void. our planet is one rogue solar flare or large asteroid impact away from total destruction. our galaxy - the Milky Way - is on a collision course with Andromeda; an event which will destroy all life as we know it around this neck of the woods.

http://en.wikipedia....y_Way_collision

and yet we're supposed to believe that all of this was designed with our existence and well-being in mind?
if this is design, it's certainly not very intelligent...

further more, Earth itself had humans living on it for at least 150,000 years before the Old Testament, Qur'an, or the Bible were written.
so. this means that god just sat around and watched humans suffer and die by the MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS in fear and agony and ignorance right up until about 2,000 years ago. and suddenly he said "ok I guess now is a good time to reveal myself and tell everyone how to get into Heaven."

right.
after letting MILLIONS AND MILLIONS live and die without a clue. which means they all went to hell because they didn't know which faith to practice and didn't get baptized or whatever the f*cking stupid requirement is.

so utterly retarded.
and yet so many people believe it. in-f*cking-credible.

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

But why do you care so much? If people find comfort in their faith let them be.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (IM_YOUR_GOD @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 23:39)

That's novel. But that implies that religion is innocent.

Religion is responsible for every major war.

It's starting to impede scientific education. Evolution isn't aloud to be taught in alot of schools anymore. This is ridiculous. Religion is ignorant and debilitating. I won't "let that be" because the less there is of it the better we are off.

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Stop reading after, "religion is responsible for every major war"
Really don't know what history book your reading from or if your just trolling. dozingoff.gif

Anyways I'm done with this topic. The Atheist augment is a flawed, nitpicking and biased view towards those who have religious backgrounds.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (IM_YOUR_GOD @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 21:39)

I think most people take issue when people of faith try and push that faith on others.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (IM_YOUR_GOD @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 06:42)
The Atheist augment is a flawed, nitpicking and biased view towards those who have religious backgrounds.

Which is deeply ironic seen as the religious argument is effectively non-existent, as it consists solely of faith, hyperbole and fallacy, neither of which is a component of a rational argument. I also think you should mind your sweeping generalisations when it comes to people of non-religious beliefs, because whilst there's certainly some hostility towards religion amongst some atheists, it's hardly representative of the entire group any more than fundamentalist early-world Christians are representative of the whole of Christianity.

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 23:51)

I think most people take issue when people of faith try and push that faith on others.

Yeah, honestly this is the only thing that I got against organized religion. The past is the past and thanks to hindsight we can learn from the various wars (that were fueled more by greed and lust for power, which are merely channeled through religions; not caused by them) but the biggest problems of religion today stem from many of the adherents need to press their respective faith into every outlet that it will fit in.

Really, I'm completely fine with people using Christianity or whatever to help them through life. It's a fine system and as long as they stay around The Wisdom books and away from The Old Laws like Leviticus, the Old Testament can actually be a fine tool for helping some people find their moral base. But when you stick to the hatred and press your need for more power, or gain an "us vs. them" mentality on the subject, you really shouldn't be surprised when people like El_Diablo completely debase your beliefs. Every action's got a natural etc etc

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (IM_YOUR_GOD @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 00:42)
Stop reading after, "religion is responsible for every major war"
Really don't know what history book your reading from or if your just trolling. dozingoff.gif

Anyways I'm done with this topic. The Atheist augment is a flawed, nitpicking and biased view towards those who have religious backgrounds.

I actually recant that position as it is mostly personal belief. The rest of my argument stands

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

because their individual comfort is NOT enough to justify all the evil that is caused by religious dogma.

it's not a fair tradeoff.
it doesn't equal out.

the unnecessary suffering and bigotry created by superficial religious division DOES NOT BALANCE with the individual comfort of some people.
in the scheme of things, religion does more harm than good.

just because most religious people are moderate does not excuse the behavior of the fundamental extremists.
in fact, the moderate / normal religious people actually provide COVER for the extremists. they make it harder for us to get rid of the radicals because they say "hey look, religion isn't all bad." and just because that's true, it still fails to acknowledge that the bad outweighs the good.

what good does religion provide?
it lets people feel calm about death... big deal.
it tells people to be behave morally... under threat of eternal punishment.
it tells people to be charitable... under threat of eternal punishment.

so even the nice stuff only occurs because people are being bribed.
religious morality is false. people need to do good for the sake of doing good, not because they're just afraid of punishment of trying to gain rewards in the afterlife.

aside from that, religion just provides more reasons for people to hate each other. and they're not even good reasons, just artificial, stupid reasons.
it provides more bad reasons for people to believe that they are different from one another when in reality we're all the god damn same.

your comfort does not make it ok for millions of children to contract HIV/AIDS in Africa because the Pope says they can't use condoms or birth control.
your comfort does not make it ok for millions of women and girls to be tortured and oppressed at the hands of Sharia law enforcement across the Middle-East and parts of India.
your comfort does not make it ok for millions of boys to undergo forced circumcision because some old Jewish tenet considers it Kosher.

need I continue?

QUOTE (IM_YOUR_GOD @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:42)
The Atheist augment is a flawed, nitpicking and biased view towards those who have religious backgrounds.

the atheist is biased?
that's rich.

look who's talking.
you only believe what you believe because it's in some old book written by bigoted old men who were so ignorant that they didn't even understand how the Earth went around the Sun.

IAmYourFatherGodSucks
  • IAmYourFatherGodSucks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

god not exist thanks to doctors to cure my sh*tty body, god laughs by wars soldiers dies suicides and all f*ck you god smile.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Sorry, but that's enough of this. The initial premise of the thread was highly flawed, full of logical fallacies and quite demeaning, and the quality of posting from some members over the last couple of pages has fallen well below the required standards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users