Photo

Need help about import a custom building

1 reply to this topic
stoqn4o_pm
  • stoqn4o_pm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi there! Could someone help me with adding an object in GTA EFLC? I have created a custom building and i want to add it somewhere in the game (its a sort of homework). The custom building is the real life building of the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics -Univesity of Sofia "Климент Охридски" in Bulgaria. I have read alot and understand that everything has to be made with the help of 3ds max and GIMS. I ve watched some tutorials on youtube and this forum, i understand how to export my object to a "import ready" file(wdr; wtd) for openIV, import it in one of the img files containing the objects and texture dictionaries of a zone called nj_03_6 by Neville Liberty city map but the problem is that i dont know how to edit wbn files and how to place it on the map. I ve searched for tutorials about map editting with gims but with no luck. At first i tried with Shadow mapper but i found that the project is cancelled and its only for gta IV . So please help! I really need to finish this. Infact it can be done with older versions of gta but its recommended to be done in EFLC

Actually the whole thing is not a homework biggrin.gif . It is the final project that you have to do to complete a Masters degree at University - but i dont know the exact word in english for this.
Sorry for my bad english.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:18 PM Edited by aacclapd, 24 May 2012 - 07:26 PM.

to do a existing building replacement you need to find the original model first then the LOD of that object(if you don't know what are the LOD's those are same objects with less detail to prevent the pixelizing buildings in far distances (Level Of Detail) and the building have usually 2 LOD's so you have to look for the LOD's too because if you replace only the original model it will desappear after 299 units or less. the collisions are also supported in GIMS son you can import them.

definitly, you need to get more information of those things before i can help you.
if you already knew this just add a reply.

if you just want to add it somewhere is easier than replacing.but you will need something more than a building (a field or something to put under the building.
obviusly i can't explain you the whole procese because it will take me a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users