Max Paine 3 gore...

38 replies to this topic
wrilky
  • wrilky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Funny but when I mentioned Max Payne to highlight the PC version Delay
(expecting the GTAV version to do the same)
The Mods shut my message down (NOT a max payne forum?!)

Maybe the Mods should grow a pair and stop making excuses for Rockstar and
berate them for making PC users suffer.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

The gore should be intense in gtaV, and realistic. If you drive over someone's head, their head should crush, if you shoot someone with a. Rocket launcher, they should be exploded into nothing, not just Randall around stupidly. I hated that in IV and really hope it's changed by V.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I definitely think that they could step up the violence a notch since there hasn't been any major videogame violence controversy for years. The maion controversy surrounding IV was drunk driving really.

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I really REALLY hope so!
The gore in MP3 is some of the best I've seen.

Real-time bullets = Real-time bullet wounds.

That mixed with GTA V's new engine would mean pure orgasmic violent mess!

Let's just hope rockstar aren't forced to scale back on the gore because of all the jobsworth middle ages mum critics out there!

''My son killed his mate and chopped off his own dick because he played grand theft auto'' ..F*ck off.

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:59 AM Edited by inflamedeyeball, 06 May 2012 - 12:06 PM.

QUOTE (Zee @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 09:47)
The gore should be intense in gtaV, and realistic. If you drive over someone's head, their head should crush, if you shoot someone with a. Rocket launcher, they should be exploded into nothing, not just ragdoll around stupidly. I hated that in IV and really hope it's changed by V.

I agree with you on this.

If you can do really violent things in a game, I think it would actually deter kids from trying it out if they get a more realistic idea of the consequences of their actions. Violence is a horrible, soul scarring thing in real life (for us normal people) and the more realistic it is portrayed, the better.

If the flamethrower is back for example, I would like the injuries it causes to be so unforgettable that you actually think twice before you use it on an npc's again. I once saw a show where a firefighter (a rugged, giant of a man) was talking about a carfire where a girl was trapped inside and being burnt alive. He said, with tears in his eyes, that her screams were the most horrific thing he had ever heard in his life, and he hoped he would never hear such a thing ever again.

(edit: spelling)

JamCyberbot01
  • JamCyberbot01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:03)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 10:24)
Max Payne is hyper-realistic to the point of being almost unreal, because things look really different in slow motion.

GTA doesn't do the slow motion, and it's a much larger game, so detail has to be lowered.

I think you've got a point there. With Max Payne 3 the detail is needed, not so much in GTA. As long as they keep Euphoria, which I think is a given, I'll be happy. I'd like the blood to be a bit more realistic than just having a red mist spurt from the person but it's not going to ruin the game if it's not in. Euphoria really helped GTA stand out and made for hours of fun simply running people over to see them spin, diving out of cars at top speed, all sorts of other brutish activities. I can't wait to throw either my character or an NPC off the top of that mountain in V and watch them tumble down at awesome speeds.

Just contemplating that if MP3 crew comes over to GTA V to bit shooting then surely they still have same level of shooting. Except in an open world. With slight decrease of graphics thou.

Think same system will be in place to make MP3/GTA V Online characters combatible in both Online Communities.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 01:47)
The gore should be intense in gtaV, and realistic. If you drive over someone's head, their head should crush, if you shoot someone with a. Rocket launcher, they should be exploded into nothing, not just ragdoll around stupidly. I hated that in IV and really hope it's changed by V.

icon14.gif
Couldn't have said it much better. If I had a $1 for every time I shot somebody off the back of a motorcycle and they went 50 feet up in the air, I'd be a billionaire.
I really hope that GTA V has this kind of gore to it.

Lance Wilson
  • Lance Wilson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

i'm pretty sure on one of the first updates for IV was less blood or not as big blood pools around bodies. shame, it was better before. like said above its just such a high profile game sad people who think it influences kids too much have to jump on it straight away confused.gif

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I hope that GTA V (and MP3) has a satisfying hit when you shoot someone. Almost like you can hear and feel the hit you just put on someone. So many games today just have the person flying through the air as the bullet you just shot disappears. I want to have that satisfying THUD when you hit someone, almost to the point it makes my mouse tremble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users