Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Interstate 60 vs. 5 Centimetres Per Second

Rules:
No polls, just a review and your opinion on why you believe the film you've chosen should stay higher up in the list. 50 words or more, 40 is accepted if you have expressed your opinion in a satisfactory standard.

Have fun!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:02 PM Edited by Tycek, 07 May 2012 - 03:30 PM.

It looks like I'll be the first to give my vote in this battle. It's also sad that two movies I've nominated had to fight.

Both 5 Centimeters... and Interstate 60 are focused on guys who are try to find something, but one movie is about looking and finding, where the second one is about keeping and losing. Both of them are great, although they were made in totally different ways.

5 Centimeters per second is movie playing on your emotions, it's gonna attack your eyes, ears and mind. It's gonna overwhelm you till you will feel sorry for Takaki Tono and you will start regreting with him. It's movie that will grab you and won't let you go till the credits. This movie can make you start thinking about your life and things that you lost in history. Someone may call this movie a tearjerker, but I would like to see tearjerkers like this.

Interstate 60 is based on different things. It also shows emotional and memorable scenes, telling you what's important in life, but it unfortunately isn't as overwhelming as 5 centimeters per second and the ending is kind of easy to predict. It doesn't change the fact that it's also worth watching especially with great cast and interesting and a bit fantastic story.

It's hard to choose, especially that I love both of them, but since rules are rules, my vote goes to 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM Edited by Indi, 07 May 2012 - 07:12 PM.

I vote for 5 Centimetres Per Second, and why?

Because I think that it follows how the theme of life pretty well. How fast life moves, and if you don't stop and look in once in a while, you could miss it. (yes, I was quoting from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off tounge.gif )

It follows the story of a Taaki Toono as we follow his life through gritty winter storms, hardships of life, love and how fast life really does progress. This is why I think that I will vote 5 Centimetres Per Second over Interstate 60, while I also loved this film too, because even that film sends a strong message about life, and to be careful to what you wish for.

So yes, I vote 5 Centimetres Per Second. I'll have to give the films anoth watch sometime.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Voting stopped.

5 Centimetres Per Second wins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users