11 replies to this topic
Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:39 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 15 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.

Probably one the best comedies I've ever witnessed will finally be coming to the big screen.
Alan Partridge for those of you not familiar with him, is a washed up T.V. presenter has-been who is narcisisstic, has a habbit of speaking his mind at the most inappropiate times which leads to golden awkward cringey moments and absolutel hilarity.
He's arguably the main inspiration for Ricky Gervais' Dave Brent of The Office. He's great at creating those awkward moments and really putting his foot in it.

Alan meets someone strangely like him

EDIT: I pressed post before I was finished writing the post.

http://www.guardian....e?newsfeed=true

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Brilliant, I love Alan Partridge. There has been rumours of a film being made for absolutely ages by now but i always doubted them, can't wait to go see this.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Trailer is being released today! smile.gif

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down"

This has to be one my favorite all time quotes from Partridge. Sums up the entire show in one I think.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by gta3kuruma, 15 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 13:02)
Trailer is being released today! smile.gif

Well that was out of nowhere I almost forgot abut this entirely, now I'm all excited for the trailer.

paused the trailer half way through, "Hectic Danger Day" f*cking brilliant. lol.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I preferred "Colossal Velocity"

IS...IN lol.gif

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Cannae wait. Not sure how it'll work in a movie format but it'll still be good for a few laughs. Anyone read the Partridge autobiography? I managed to get it for free on audiobook, about half way through but haven't listened in a while, was canny funny though.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 06:07)
Cannae wait. Not sure how it'll work in a movie format but it'll still be good for a few laughs. Anyone read the Partridge autobiography? I managed to get it for free on audiobook, about half way through but haven't listened in a while, was canny funny though.

Got the book at Christmas. It's funny but I think I need to pick it up again smile.gif

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm beyond excited, and forced the misses to sit through it all the other day, KMKYWAP, Welcome to the Places..., and both I'm Alan Partridge series; I felt it was okay to miss out Mid Mornign Matters. I am slgihtly worried about how this is going to turn out. I haven't seen his live act so I'm not sure how Partridge came across through that, and well, considering this is a bit more "big time", the act could lose a lot of its charm and character. Still, I'd watch it, and as for now, I'm excited.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

So, it released in the uk last wednesday I think. Has anybody seen it yet? if so what did you think of it? I'm going to see it on Tuesday and I'm very excited for it. I'm surprised at how much I've seen it advertised not only on tv but every time I go out I see an advert for it on a bus or something like that.

Straight Tony
  • Straight Tony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

I seen it tonight. I'm a massive Partridge fan and have seen everything he has featured in. It was pretty funny but there were no massive laughs. It wasn't as good as the various TV shows but still better than 99% of the dross out there.

7/10

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

I agree that it wasn't as good as the shows, but it was still extremely funny.

I may be late to say it, but appears since the Movie has been out NetFlix Added the show. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users