Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shooting Mechanics

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want recoil when shooting a gun (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want recoil when shooting a gun

1. Yes (66 votes [76.74%])

Percentage of vote: 76.74%

2. No (20 votes [23.26%])

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

This is a thread for those who play w/o Auto Aim, if you do play with auto aim you dont have to worry about this cuz the game does the work for you when you Aim

I never liked the bloom effect aka bullet spray in games where the aiming reticle expands to show that the bullets are hitting random spots instead of having the gun kick up a bit due to recoil, IMO this makes me feel like my weapon isnt doing the job i want it to do which is put down my enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible

The bloom effect is used it to compensate for the fact that there is no recoil when you shoot a gun, So if you really think about it essentially your bullets are curving as they leave the barrel of your gun which is highly unrealistic and stupid this isnt the movie "WANTED"

This two videos explain what Im trying to say

and this

If you play with auto aim please dont flame this just cuz you play with auto aim doesnt mean everyone does by flaming and bashing this all your doing is limiting people from playing how they want

JoyDivision
  • JoyDivision

WARSAW

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

recoil is annoying in games unless its one that tries to emulate reality in some kind of military simulation game

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I don't think recoil is necessary in a GTA game. This isn't a military shooter/simulator, or some kind of intense action-packed movie video-game. GTA needs to have a consistent feel to it, so recoil wouldn't really be a good idea. The bullet spray would be a better idea if anything.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (CarLuver69 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:08)
I don't think recoil is necessary in a GTA game. This isn't a military shooter/simulator, or some kind of intense action-packed movie video-game. GTA needs to have a consistent feel to it, so recoil wouldn't really be a good idea. The bullet spray would be a better idea if anything.

It doesnt have to be a military shooter just to have recoil, bullet spread is stupid real annoying it just doesnt make sense, In GTA 4 i would be shooting at someone and then they would fall thinking that they were dead but the weren't and thats because of the bullet spread, I would say if you dont use auto aim that 50%-60% of the bullets that are shot out of your weapon dont hit your acutall target thats why they it takes quite a bit of bullets to kill someone in that game, like

I said before if your an auto aim user dont be negative about this and if you do plan on being negative dont comment cuz you clearly dont understand cuz the game does the work for you when you aim, people that dont use auto aim will know what Im talking about

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I prefer the spray over recoil even if doesn't make sense in terms of physics. Recoil would effect auto aim users as well, sounds like you want a sim like Arma 2

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Auto-aim?

I don't get it.

I'm on PC.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 17:36)

I never liked the bloom effect aka bullet spray in games where the aiming reticle expands to show that the bullets are hitting random spots instead of having the gun kick up a bit due to recoil, IMO this makes me feel like my weapon isnt doing the job i want it to do which is put down my enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible

It might just be me (and you too apparently) but even if it doesn't technically effect the gameplay it disorients me somehow. It's much more intuitive to have the reticle require correcting by the player between shots or bursts.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:39 PM Edited by MrAfro77, 04 May 2012 - 06:43 PM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:31)
I prefer the spray over recoil even if doesn't make sense in terms of physics. Recoil would effect auto aim users as well, sounds like you want a sim like Arma 2

keep in mind this this is only for when you dont use auto aim... I was thinking the recoil would come into affect when you take off the auto aim

Im not trying to make it into a sim its just I dont like the fact that the bullets aren't hitting I am shooting at, bullet spread defies the laws of physics and physics are what makes the newer GTA's what they are

alot of you are so narrow minded why?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:39)

keep in mind this this is only for when you dont use auto aim... I was thinking the recoil would come into affect when you take off the auto aim

Im not trying to make it into a sim its just I dont like the fact that the bullets aren't hitting I am shooting at, bullet spread defies the laws of physics so what your saying doesnt make sense

So you want the physics of in game shooting to change entirely based on whether you use auto aim or not? Kind of inconsistent and tedious, I doubt they'll do that

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:42)

Im not trying to make it into a sim its just I dont like the fact that the bullets aren't hitting I am shooting at, bullet spread defies the laws of physics so what your saying doesnt make sense

So you want the physics of in game shooting to change entirely based on whether you use auto aim or not? Kind of inconsistent and tedious, I doubt they'll do that

@Esco: if I understand correct it would not be dif at all bc autoaim will just take care of it .

@OP: yeah I prefer some kind of recoil it actually kind of helps me to space out my shots instead of laying on the trigger.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:49 PM Edited by MrAfro77, 04 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:42)

Im not saying they have too but if you are a auto aim user its not like it will affect much anyways cuz after all you are locked on to who you are shooting at, it really doesnt take much either to change the shooting mechanic systems ghost recon future fans complain about the bullet spread and ubisoft changed it in time for the beta sooo... what does that really say?

Are you that lazy that you couldn't be bothered to correct the aim reticule with the right thumb stick REALLY? but the idea isn't for the auto aim users anyways so why are you complaining ?

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:39)
Im not trying to make it into a sim its just I dont like the fact that the bullets aren't hitting I am shooting at, bullet spread defies the laws of physics and physics are what makes the newer GTA's what they are

As I understand it, the bullets not hitting what you're shooting at because the character holding the gun is experiencing recoil. That's what this "bullet spread" is supposed to represent, isn't it? No matter whether it's bullet spread or recoil, the answer is always the same: take your finger off the trigger every once in a while.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:51)
QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:39)

As I understand it, the bullets not hitting what you're shooting at because the character holding the gun is experiencing recoil. That's what this "bullet spread" is supposed to represent, isn't it? No matter whether it's bullet spread or recoil, the answer is always the same: take your finger off the trigger every once in a while.

yes I do burst fire but the bullets still spread but I would still like recoil cuz the bullets are clustered closer together which mean you will hit your target more often

You should watch the first video thats what the guy basically explains

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:49)
Are you that lazy that you couldn't be bothered to correct the aim reticule with the right thumb stick REALLY? but the idea is for the auto aim users anyways so why are you complaining ?

I'm not complaining I'm just critiquing your idea, sounds like you want a tactical shooter. Werent you the same guy who made a thread about bullet drop? You should really check out Arma 2 on YouTube, it's super realistic when it comes to weapons physics and injuries.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:03 PM Edited by MrAfro77, 04 May 2012 - 07:05 PM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:57)
QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:49)
Are you that lazy that you couldn't be bothered to correct the aim reticule with the right thumb stick REALLY? but the idea is for the auto aim users anyways so why are you complaining ?

I'm not complaining I'm just critiquing your idea, sounds like you want a tactical shooter. Werent you the same guy who made a thread about bullet drop? You should really check out Arma 2 on YouTube, it's super realistic when it comes to weapons physics and injuries.

I didnt talk about bullet drop and I know what arma II is is a military sim, my intentions are not to make this game a sim, its just a part of the game that makes absolutely no sense and I would like to see it done right I would also like to see what people think but i dont think I explained it properly that is why you dont understand

I also dont understand why auto aim user bothered to look at this cuz THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!!!!, its for people that do not use it and so far 5 people need to learn to read!!!!

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I understand what you're saying just fine, I don't think you understand me though. I just think it would be weird if the physics of the game altered based on whether you have auto aim on or not, understand? That's a major thing to toggle on and off in my opinion. I prefer the current system but I feel it could definitely be updated and made better. Also, you can't make a thread on a public forum and exclude certain people from participating, that's not how the Internet works.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:11)
I understand what you're saying just fine, I don't think you understand me though. I just think it would be weird if the physics of the game altered based on whether you have auto aim on or not, understand? That's a major thing to toggle on and off in my opinion. I prefer the current system but I feel it could definitely be updated and made better. Also, you can't make a thread on a public forum and exclude certain people from participating, that's not how the Internet works.

I do understand what your saying but you acting like its a huge core feature change when it really isn't all your changing is how the gun reacts when you shoot it, your acting like and little change like that will rip a tear thru space and time shifting the time-space continuum sending you through a portal to an alternate reality LOL XD, If you ask me gun movement is not a core feature

The only reason I said this doesnt apply to auto aim users is cuz it really! does not apply to them, auto aim should correct the recoil so there is no point in hearing people complaining about how aim aim suffers becuase of it just because they didnt bother to read what i put down or watch the videos, by complaining all your doing is diluting the idea that applies to actual users

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

IV already had recoil didn't it?

That's why I rhythmically pull the right trigger button quickly because I noticed that if you spray from a decent distance, most rounds don't hit.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

It would be good if they could code in a time limit on how many times weapon X can be fired per second.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

If im blasting away with a Deagle with one hand, i expect there to be a significant amount of more recoil than say a glock 19. But if you're standing still and aiming with two hands, the recoil should be less.

JoyDivision
  • JoyDivision

WARSAW

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

i go back on my previous statement. i would love the guns in gta V to handle and feel like hitman blood money in terms of recoil and feedback

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm a PC gamer, what is noob auto aim

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Friday, May 4 2012, 22:30)

lol auto aim is for noobs like EscoLehGo I agree!!! if you were to do a survey I would guarantee the majority of people on this forum use auto aim (70 - 80 percent) when playing GTA or even RDR, its just way to easy with that crap on the only time I use auto aim is online cuz everyone uses it and if i dont they have an unfair advantage I just hate using it tho I feel disgusting when I use it like a Newb, I really do hope R* makes hardcore lobbies in GTA V

So PC doesnt have auto aim at all?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 03:25)

lol auto aim is for noobs like EscoLehGo I agree!!! if you were to do a survey I would guarantee the majority of people on this forum use auto aim (70 - 80 percent) when playing GTA or even RDR, its just way to easy with that crap on the only time I use auto aim is online cuz everyone uses it and if i dont they have an unfair advantage I just hate using it tho I feel disgusting when I use it like a Newb, I really do hope R* makes hardcore lobbies in GTA V

Don't personally attack me because I don't agree with you boy, that's a sign of immaturity.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 03:28)
QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 03:25)

Don't personally attack me because I don't agree with you boy, that's a sign of immaturity.

cry me a river lol its a joke guy, calm down kid

btw the song that is your username has a nasty beat DJ khalil is a musical genius he should do some soundtracks for GTA V

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

I f*cking hate DJ Khalid and my username is no way associated with that fat Arabian. Did you see that video of his fancy tour bus burning with all his expensive sh*t in it like we were supposed to feel sorry for him? I was never happier for someone's misfortune

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

What's so bad about Auto-Aim? It was implemented in the console for casual gamers and people who don't want to waste the time and effort in gun battles. It doesn't make you a noob if you use it. I train myself to study w/o Auto-aim but also study with it. It can be very beneficial when you're playing a Multiplayer mode and everyone has Auto-aim except for you because you think you're "too much of a beast player to use it".

OT:
I don't mind recoil, as long as it doesn't become the biggest pain in the ass when you're firing a rifle. It seems like in Max Payne 3, they balanced it perfectly.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Recoil.

It was extremely f*cking annoying in GTAIV how I would be shooting any Fully-Auto weapon at somebody at considerable range, with my reticule aimed directly at them, and I would miss virtually EVERY bullet.

Nice videos, now I understand why it was so sh*t in GTAIV.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 04:31)
I f*cking hate DJ Khalid and my username is no way associated with that fat Arabian. Did you see that video of his fancy tour bus burning with all his expensive sh*t in it like we were supposed to feel sorry for him? I was never happier for someone's misfortune

I dont care about his material possessions, Its what he produces, his beats are real good, the work he did for china town wars was amazing f*ck michael hunter, I want DJ khalil to make the GTA V theme

Love him or hate him hes a talented producer... back on topic...

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 15:03)
Recoil.

It was extremely f*cking annoying in GTAIV how I would be shooting any Fully-Auto weapon at somebody at considerable range, with my reticule aimed directly at them, and I would miss virtually EVERY bullet.

Nice videos, now I understand why it was so sh*t in GTAIV.

your welcome biggrin.gif

Bullets spray is a menace that needs to be gone from gta

Im not a fan of people that spray and pray but with recoil in the game even if you do spray your bound to hit you guy a couple of times cuz the bullets a closers together there not fly out of your gun and curving randomly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users