vice city map for gta III

41 replies to this topic
jemoeder51
  • jemoeder51

Jemoeder51

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi, im looking for a mod that converts the vice city map to gta III. i saw some videos and screenshots (the screenshots: http://pix.playgroun.../46700/610286/) of that mod but there was no working download link sad.gif . so if you can find a working download link, please answer biggrin.gif

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Here's link http://narod.ru/disk...d_beta3.7z.html

Here's link on thread of this mod(russian) http://www.gta.ru/fo...modding/720842/

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hmnn now to go about converting this to work on the 10th Anni Edition....

jemoeder51
  • jemoeder51

Jemoeder51

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, May 4 2012, 23:33)
Here's link http://narod.ru/disk...d_beta3.7z.html

Here's link on thread of this mod(russian) http://www.gta.ru/fo...modding/720842/

that is the link that doesnt work for me sad.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Working fine here, maybe it's your browser?

jemoeder51
  • jemoeder51

Jemoeder51

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:36)

can you show it how to download it? because i cant speak russian

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (jemoeder51 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 09:39)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:36)

can you show it how to download it? because i cant speak russian

Copy and paste this link into your download manager. smile.gif

Link

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:35 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 10 May 2012 - 09:23 PM.

Converting it can take nice months. I ported one model to test - and it should work smile.gif :
user posted image

(this is part of golf island from VC)

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

What?! Hahah this is totaly great to see VC In III. And it just looks like VC.. It must be converted to III Mobile. could take some months.. Russian Mods are always the best.. They just take the time and make the best convertors, 3D Moddelings tools blabla.. And it works good :-D

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I tried to do parts of map - no results smile.gif

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:47 PM Edited by countergame, 13 May 2012 - 02:17 PM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 18:12)

OK... Just forget it... It would take years to get this done.. I have to convert all Textures as 8Bit Images Manually.. Even a Car takes 10Minutes to save all Textures as 8Bit Images...
And yes it works, i had some VC Models Ingame.. But it would take years to get this done :-(

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (countergame @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 12:47)

OK... Just forget it... It would take years to get this done.. I have to convert all Textures as 8Bit Images Manually.. Even a Car takes 10Minutes to save all Textures as 8Bit Images...
And yes it works, i had some VC Models Ingame.. But it would take years to get this done :-(

Well, I got lucky today. I have obtained the mod. If anyone likes I could upload it to a DB and invite you.

But I got to admit. The mod is kinda funny. It looks exactly like Vice City. Except for the water, rain, and Tommy being in a lower resolution. It goes to show that Rockstar didn't really graphically enhance Vice City. There are slight differences, but it pretty much looks the same. Also Downtown and Haiti are missing. Probably not ported yet.

So in my opinion, the mod is pointless on the PC. Its basicly Vice City, but with less features (what ever isn't done yet by the mod devs, motorcycles, helicopters, crouching, transparent water, some weapons, ect). It would be best on the Tenth Anniversary Edition, as the mobile phones don't have Vice City. It will give us something close to VC on the go, and it would raze up the purpose of the mod. I honestly think the devs should just work on the mobile version.

The mod will become pointless on there if they port VC onto the mobile phones, which on current devices, they can port it. Probably wouldn't be too hard as III and VC are very identical. SA wouldn't be to hard being that its like III and VC, but has a lot more updates. SA would probably have to be ported onto faster phones, which phones that are out when SA's Tenth Anniversary probably will handle it.

But I hear some people say that Rockstar won't release Vice City on the mobile devices, as it wasn't as ground breaking as GTA III. The fact of Rockstar porting it is very debatable as its very possible. However, we will have to re arrange the files around for this mod to do it. It will be an accurate guess of what VC would look like on mobile phones. So I'll make a DB for anyone who wants to help re arrange the files. However there are a few things we would have to change. One is it has Xbox cars which cause the mobile devices to become unstable. The other thing is the mod runs with a custom EXE so it has more space for IPL lines. Someone would have to combine models so it fits within III's IPL limit. Converting shouldn't take very long as the PC files and the Mobile files are the same, but different layout. It should mostly be a matter of drag and drop. I think we could get the east island on there as the full island is there.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

That sounds good smile.gif Check Your PM smile.gif

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 02:54)
QUOTE (countergame @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 12:47)

Well, I got lucky today. I have obtained the mod. If anyone likes I could upload it to a DB and invite you.

But I got to admit. The mod is kinda funny. It looks exactly like Vice City. Except for the water, rain, and Tommy being in a lower resolution. It goes to show that Rockstar didn't really graphically enhance Vice City. There are slight differences, but it pretty much looks the same. Also Downtown and Haiti are missing. Probably not ported yet.

So in my opinion, the mod is pointless on the PC. Its basicly Vice City, but with less features (what ever isn't done yet by the mod devs, motorcycles, helicopters, crouching, transparent water, some weapons, ect). It would be best on the Tenth Anniversary Edition, as the mobile phones don't have Vice City. It will give us something close to VC on the go, and it would raze up the purpose of the mod. I honestly think the devs should just work on the mobile version.

The mod will become pointless on there if they port VC onto the mobile phones, which on current devices, they can port it. Probably wouldn't be too hard as III and VC are very identical. SA wouldn't be to hard being that its like III and VC, but has a lot more updates. SA would probably have to be ported onto faster phones, which phones that are out when SA's Tenth Anniversary probably will handle it.

But I hear some people say that Rockstar won't release Vice City on the mobile devices, as it wasn't as ground breaking as GTA III. The fact of Rockstar porting it is very debatable as its very possible. However, we will have to re arrange the files around for this mod to do it. It will be an accurate guess of what VC would look like on mobile phones. So I'll make a DB for anyone who wants to help re arrange the files. However there are a few things we would have to change. One is it has Xbox cars which cause the mobile devices to become unstable. The other thing is the mod runs with a custom EXE so it has more space for IPL lines. Someone would have to combine models so it fits within III's IPL limit. Converting shouldn't take very long as the PC files and the Mobile files are the same, but different layout. It should mostly be a matter of drag and drop. I think we could get the east island on there as the full island is there.

Would be great to do that, i can "convert" the normal VC Cars to GTA III Mobile.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

You don't must. In this port they are XBOX cars from VC smile.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sounds good, I couldn't get it working myself, indecently you don't need your IOS to be jail broken to run mods.

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 18:58)
You don't must. In this port they are XBOX cars from VC smile.gif

Yup, but nkjellman said "One is it has Xbox cars which cause the mobile devices to become unstable."

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:47 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 15 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Are they too detailed to run stable, or have too big textures? smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 19:47)
Are they too detailed to run stable, or have too big textures? smile.gif

IDK, I used III Xbox cars, and the game crashed all the time. It also was laggy.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I haven't got the mod working on the iPod tuch 4G version, BUT I noticed that it crashed in the same spot as the PC version did. I used my normal GTA III EXE first on the PC one because sh*tty Norten deleted the other EXE. So, I may not be able to get the full map in due to the IPL limit. West island isn't fully there so I'll try to see how it does with just the east island.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:29 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 16 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

So maybe we need to attach few models into one, and IPL limit shouldn't be reached. smile.gif I can't even make clear map in GTA3. Anyone know, how do it?

I tested a LoveMHZ method, but don't work sad.gif
QUOTE (LoveMhz)

I've managed to clean all of GTA3 smile.gif All down to one object that I believe is hardcoded.

[URL=http://lovemhz.com/CleanGTA3.rar[/URL]

Instructions:
Delete data/maps folder.
Delete models/txd.img and models/txd.dir
Extract the files to the data folder
Extract all the contents of GTA3.img to a folder. Place the clean_GTA3.img.bat in the folder with all the extracted files. Run batch file. Delete everything in GTA3.img and import the files from the folder that you extracted the files earlier. Rebuild GTA3.img

There appears to be an issue when you die. I believe I may have deleted a DFF/TXD that's needed. I simple deleted all the DFFs and TXDs in GTA3's IDE files. I'll post an update when I figure the cause of this issue

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:45 PM Edited by nkjellman, 16 May 2012 - 10:34 PM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:29)
So maybe we need to attach few models into one, and IPL limit shouldn't be reached. smile.gif I can't even make clear map in GTA3. Anyone know, how do it?

I tested a LoveMHZ method, but don't work sad.gif
QUOTE (LoveMhz)

I've managed to clean all of GTA3 smile.gif All down to one object that I believe is hardcoded.

[URL=http://lovemhz.com/CleanGTA3.rar[/URL]

Instructions:
Delete data/maps folder.
Delete models/txd.img and models/txd.dir
Extract the files to the data folder
Extract all the contents of GTA3.img to a folder. Place the clean_GTA3.img.bat in the folder with all the extracted files. Run batch file. Delete everything in GTA3.img and import the files from the folder that you extracted the files earlier. Rebuild GTA3.img

There appears to be an issue when you die. I believe I may have deleted a DFF/TXD that's needed. I simple deleted all the DFFs and TXDs in GTA3's IDE files. I'll post an update when I figure the cause of this issue

I don't know. I hope that Rockstar ports the real Vice City to the mobile devices. Do you think they will?

I've tried many things, and still have things to try. Nothing seems to work.

BTW, in the gta.dat can't you just put a # in front of the files you want to disable? That seems to work well on Rage.

Edit: f*ck this. I give up. It won't work. It just crashes even when I undo what made it crash. The mobile version is very weird about loading map files. Rockstar probably will bring the real VC to mobile anyways.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:38 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 17 May 2012 - 08:12 PM.

I found interesting thing. In each folder with IDE and IPL are .dir files with DFF and TXD's used in IDE/IPL (f.e. industnw.dir have names of DFF & TXD's from industnw.ide).
Maybe we need to do similar way smile.gif
And game use a3d files. In this file are models, something similar to cols or something else?

Edit.
Progress is, but in the end of loading, game crash:
user posted image
(loading bar is long, like in PC version of VC in III)

Edit 2.

@nkjellman
Compressed textures can cause crash on mobile version?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 13:38)
I found interesting thing. In each folder with IDE and IPL are .dir files with DFF and TXD's used in IDE/IPL (f.e. industnw.dir have names of DFF & TXD's from industnw.ide).
Maybe we need to do similar way smile.gif
And game use a3d files. In this file are models, something similar to cols or something else?

Edit.
Progress is, but in the end of loading, game crash:
user posted image
(loading bar is long, like in PC version of VC in III)

Edit 2.

@nkjellman
Compressed textures can cause crash on mobile version?

I don't know. I got to the exact spot your at and it crashed.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:36 PM Edited by Frank.s, 17 May 2012 - 10:08 PM.

I've already removed the map, currently i'm fixing some textures. I'll show a picture with more info and a download in a little while. smile.gif

CityPoke, how are you converting the textures to 8bit? When i use g.i.m.p to convert textures to 8bit it lowers the quality too much, how can i keep it looking normal while converting to 8bit?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 21:36)
I've already removed the map, currently i'm fixing some textures. I'll show a picture with more info and a download in a little while. smile.gif

CityPoke, how are you converting the textures to 8bit? When i use g.i.m.p to convert textures to 8bit it lowers the quality too much, how can i keep it looking normal while converting to 8bit?

That might help. Apparently putting a # in front of the gta.dat lines doesn't work like in Rage. But I can put a # in front of lines if I want to disable an add on map to Liberty City. But are you guys on iOS? That is what I'm using.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

Guys, what are you doing here? The map is almost done by russian developers.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

It's done for PC, we want see it on 10 Anniversary edition smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, May 18 2012, 04:04)
Guys, what are you doing here? The map is almost done by russian developers.

Yes. I want it to be portable. I think that VC on III is kinda silly as it is just VC with less features. But hey, I think SA on VC is stupid. However 10th Anniversary is different as it is portable. Were trying to get their mod on the TA edition.

Could you see yourself playing the mod and a random person walks up, who watches random strangers play video games on their phones, wonders how the f*ck your "playing Vice City on your phone".

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Haha biggrin.gif
Anyway, I decompressed all textures from gta-vc, now I need decompress from gta-vc_generic and gta-vc2 smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users