stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 11:15)
Schools are pussies these days. Suspended for wearing a Jesus shirt. LOL. I told my teacher to eat a dick and flipped him off and all I got was "you can leave my classroom" and got some lecture and a note or some shlt. I didn't even get suspended. Back when I was a kid...

You mean like yesterday?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 16:46)
QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 13:08)
QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 16:23)
Get the f*ck over it. Muslims are allowed to wear turbans, yeah? So, what's wrong with a christian wearing a jesus top.

Did you even read the article properly? The issue here isn't him just wearing a jesus t-shirt but wearing one which claims that your life is wasted without jesus.

It only claimed "Life...", not "Your life...". You read statements like this 100 times every day.

The 'your' is implied. Statements like these are bound to provoke some sort of reaction. This kid was trying to provoke a reaction, he succeeded and then cried foul when suspended. It's not like he innocently wore it without realizing that it might cause a fuss; he was even asked not to wear it, so any actions of his after that were deliberate.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 02:05)
QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 16:34)
QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 23:57)
I used to hate beer, I thought it tasted like piss and I could barely take a sip. But after a lot of ridicule and harassment from friends, I learned to man up and stop being such a pussy. You just have to keep drinking it even if you don't like it, and eventually you will train yourself to like it. Drinking beer, it's kinda like Stockholm syndrome. Eventually you will come to love your tormentor and abuser and realise that it has your best interests at heart.

Yeah, no. I'm not going to torture myself into being able to tolerate drinking something I hate anyways. I don't mind hating it, so I see no reason to change that. My hatred of beer prevents me from drinking too often, and prevents me from becoming an alcoholic, and saves me money. So it actually serves to help me. I'd have to be an idiot to change that.

Heads up: Not giving in to peer pressure will earn you major respect from damn near everyone in the long run.

What the hell? stu started drinking beer cause his friends told him too?
If you don't like it don't drink it, simple.

Woah, woah, calm down there bud. I was just stating my views on beer. No offence was meant, if he wants to drink it, more power to him, but I don't.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 06:36)
Schools are pussies these days. Suspended for wearing a Jesus shirt. LOL. I told my teacher to eat a dick and flipped him off and all I got was "you can leave my classroom" and got some lecture and a note or some shlt. I didn't even get suspended. Back when I was a kid...

You mean like yesterday?

It's as almost if he let us know he told his teacher to eat a dick to glorify himself, especially in a topic pertaining to a school suspension case.
Anyways, why is this kid making a big fuss about this? Saying "Life is wasted without Jesus" is totally attacking other peoples beliefs. Keep that sh*t to yourself and stop glamorizing it, especially at school.

What's even worse it that he insists to keep wearing it. Seriously, focus on your education.

f*cking teen rebels. never knew they reached that far north.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

...I wonder how often he washes it? Stinky little Jesus freak.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 15:58)
QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 06:36)

You mean like yesterday?

It's as almost if he let us know he told his teacher to eat a dick to glorify himself, especially in a topic pertaining to a school suspension case.
Anyways, why is this kid making a big fuss about this? Saying "Life is wasted without Jesus" is totally attacking other peoples beliefs. Keep that sh*t to yourself and stop glamorizing it, especially at school.

What's even worse it that he insists to keep wearing it. Seriously, focus on your education.

f*cking teen rebels. never knew they reached that far north.

Not really. I have no interest in "glorifying" myself. On a GTA forum? Lol. Believe me I'm not that narcissistic. I'm a pretty selfless guy. I was just telling it like it is and pointing out the differences between today's strict schools and old schools. Today you can apparently get suspended for wearing a Jesus shirt. Which is ridiculous. They could've at least given him some gym shirt or something to wear instead of suspending him. And this is coming from an atheist too.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Monday, May 7 2012, 00:47)
I was just telling it like it is and pointing out the differences between today's strict schools and old schools.

Back in the days you had caning for all manner of things, nowadays for bad behaviour all you'll get is detention/exclusion/expulsion, whatever. You had the "paddle", you had awfully strict uniform policies back then, even to the point of your hair must be neat, your shoes must be polished and your nails must be clean. And what ever happened to the "Dunce hat"?

Not sure if any of these are still applied in some schools in the world today, or if they have all been confided to the old history halls of "School corporal punishment".

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

I guess it just depends on the school you're at. When I was about 9 (I'm 21 now), one of my teachers made me stand against a chalk board with my arms up for over 30 minutes for doing some crap I don't even remember. Literally 30 minutes on a chalk board with my arms up. At other schools, like I said, you'd have to go extreme lengths just to get suspended. Most schools I went to did nothing about bullying either. I got beat up a few times, every kid did. I got my money jacked, I got my clothes stolen, I got tackled after school and all kinds of shlt and they never did anything. I was always outnumbered too (like 7 to 1) so every time I'd try to fight back I'd get my ass handed to me. Nowadays they have that "B.A Star" crap which isn't gonna do anything.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Good heavens, the "dunce hat". What are you some sadist? Why if they put that on a stupid kid now-a-days it might lead him/her to believe tha (s)he isn't as smart as the other students. You'd kill the kid's selfesteem!
What a monster you must be. After all the trouble the system goes to to pass the kid regardless of his/her education level to help him/her feel good about his/her self. How could you be so cruel to point out in front of his/her peers that the kid is stupid?

It can be difficult to show Sarcasm in print. icon14.gif

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

What overkill. It's just a damn shirt, for Christ sake they're making this bigger than it is by suspending him. In truth who gives a damn if he wears that shirt? Him in that shirt or out of it doesn't change sh*t. Regardless of it your an atheist why should you give a sh*t if some random kid in your school is wearing a piece of cloth that has some philosophical message? You really can't function because he has that sentence on his shirt? Please get the f*ck over it and go about your day, there is better sh*t to worry about.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

I just wanna share this.

There is a Catholic school in our country where they didn't let 5 or six girls to graduate from high school for posting a picture on Facebook where they wear bikinis while taking a bath. It didn't showed any of their private parts. For me I was like "f*ck YOU PRIESTS AND NUNS" but I have respect so...

You know not graduating from high school is worse than having a suspension.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

You mean this:
School Defies Court Order On Bikini Graduates: Sheriff & Process Server Denied Access
Officials of St. Theresa’s College here defied the court order yesterday and barred five female students (not two as earlier reported) after the school sanctioned them for posting pictures of themselves in bikinis in their Facebook accounts.

Two of the students, whose mothers went to court to seek reprieve on the school’s decision not to let them join the high school commencement exercise, were not even allowed to enter the school campus.

Cebu City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Wilfredo Navarro issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) the other day and directed the school to cease and desist from enforcing the penalties on the graduating students.

Five students were barred by the school from graduation ceremonies for violations of the school’s handbook after they posted their pictures posing in bikinis.

The five students, however, were considered to have completed their final year in high school and would still be given their diplomas.

full story/

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 7 2012, 04:56)
You mean this:
School Defies Court Order On Bikini Graduates: Sheriff & Process Server Denied Access
Officials of St. Theresa’s College here defied the court order yesterday and barred five female students (not two as earlier reported) after the school sanctioned them for posting pictures of themselves in bikinis in their Facebook accounts.

Two of the students, whose mothers went to court to seek reprieve on the school’s decision not to let them join the high school commencement exercise, were not even allowed to enter the school campus.

Cebu City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Wilfredo Navarro issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) the other day and directed the school to cease and desist from enforcing the penalties on the graduating students.

Five students were barred by the school from graduation ceremonies for violations of the school’s handbook after they posted their pictures posing in bikinis.

The five students, however, were considered to have completed their final year in high school and would still be given their diplomas.

full story/

Yeah. Uhh, I didn't understand the whole story because I'm relying on what I have heard(and understood) in the television. But the more important thing is that the news spawned debates discussing if the school did the right thing or not.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

I don't think it's all that unusual now for a school to deny a student to participate in the Graduation Ceremony but 'mail' them the certificate.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Another twist in the story. The kid was taken out of school because today because school officials were giving religious tolerance lessons.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ent-school.html

QUOTE (Article)
A Nova Scotia student suspended from classes for five days for wearing a T-shirt with the slogan "Life Is Wasted Without Jesus" returned to school today wearing the same garment, but he was quickly taken home by his father.

William Swinimer, who's in Grade 12, was scheduled to attend a session for all students on how to express their beliefs in a way that is respectful to all.

But John Swinimer said he wants Forest Heights Community School in Chester Basin, Lunenburg County, to only teach the basic courses, leaving religion out of it.

Students said William Swinimer has been preaching his Christian beliefs, making them feel uncomfortable, and the shirt was the last straw, so they complained.

Experts from the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission, the departments of education and justice, and guidance counsellors are at the school to conduct voluntary sessions so students can discuss the issue of religious tolerance.

On Friday, the South Shore Regional School Board ruled Swinimer would be allowed to wear the T-shirt, but also said it would bring in a facilitator on Monday to speak with students and parents.

School board superintendent Nancy Pinch-Worthylake said the board would use the incident as a learning moment for everyone, adding that it is time to move on.

"We're going to be working with students around how they can express their religious views and other views appropriately, and how we work together when those views may be interpreted or misinterpreted by others," she said.

Swinimer wore the T-shirt every day to class for several weeks, even after the principal told him repeatedly to stop wearing it, before he was suspended. He said he never intended to attack anyone else's beliefs.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Father of son who preaches in school and wears inflammatory religious t-shirt wants to keep religion out of school.

Makes perfect sense.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I think that this is bullsh*t as well. He should wear whatever he wants as long as it's not really offensive (homophobia comes to mind), racist or vulgar, and I mean at school (you can\should be able to wear whatever you want on the street).

It's his belief, and even if it is ignorant I don't think people should be offended by it. People get offended by everything these days, those are the people that should f*ck off.

However, in a way I understand why people are not allowed to wear those at school, so that they avoid arguments and stuff.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Friday, May 4 2012, 15:29)
Chances are that he was wearing the t-shirt just to offend the non-believers rather than fortify his own beliefs, in which case, suspending him is justified. I'm pretty sure if someone wore a t-shirt with an atheist remark on it, 99% of the believers would feel highly offended.

Agree'd, touchy irrational religious people can be so annoying sometimes. And if he was wearing the shirt to purposely offend, then yes suspension is more than justified.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Did you Not catch the bit about the kid was Preaching to the other kids, which was the Major complaint by the other students, the Shirt was a side issue.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Oh boy.

I wonder hoe this kid's preacher feels about all this. He's making a joke out of his church.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 7 2012, 09:31)
Did you Not catch the bit about the kid was Preaching to the other kids, which was the Major complaint by the other students, the Shirt was a side issue.

This.

It seems like the shirt was the icing on the cake. With more of the story now known (although I don't doubt some details are left out), I can understand why the course of action that was taken (and later rescinded) was taken.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

I just watched the local noon news here, and they had a video of the kids father on there saying that he was taking his kid out of school today because he has freedom of religion and speech and that he doesn't need to be subjected to the religious tolerance lessons the school is providing today, yet apparently it's alright for his kid though to subject the other kids at his school to his religious preaching. What an idiot.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

No, he's not an idiot, He's a Religious. They don't tolerate anyone with conflictiong beliefs (or non-belief).
Again I get to quote my Favorite Ad in GTA:SA "I'll kill you if you don't believe as I do!"

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Google Mary Beth Tinker.

/topic.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Odd all the bible readers/teachers/preachers never mention Matthew 10:14.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 7 2012, 21:36)
No, he's not an idiot, He's a Religious.

They're potentially inclusive.

sigh.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 7 2012, 12:29)
Odd all the bible readers/teachers/preachers never mention Matthew 10:14.

2 things:
1. curse you for making me look that up.
2. thanks for making me look that up.

Solid point you make there, weasel.

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Religion is like a penis, its ok to have one, its ok to be proud of itm but please dont wave it around.

I think that sums it up, we had a 30 minutes discussion on this in my english class

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Oakshaft @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 01:33)
Religion is like a penis, its ok to have one, its ok to be proud of itm but please dont wave it around.

It's also bad to shove it down children's throat. sneaky2.gif

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 01:39)
QUOTE (Oakshaft @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 01:33)

It's also bad to shove it down children's throat. sneaky2.gif

!!! Yes! thats the second half! forgot about that one! (I probably shouldnt be saying this with my profile pic being what it is lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users