» «
Photo

How I Met Your Mother

29 replies to this topic
Baseball
  • Baseball

Godzilla flyin on a Pegasaurus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:39 PM Edited by Baseball, 05 May 2012 - 04:58 PM.

user posted image

I'm surprised no one made a topic about this. I used the search engine and couldn't find anything.
Anyway, this has been one of my favorite shows since the day it first aired.
Anybody here watching?
Season 7 is about to end and there's only one more season after.
What are your thoughts now that it's coming to an end?

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I like it. Saw a couple episodes on TV while I was on holiday (one of very few English shows on) and I got addicted. Came home and downloaded a load of seasons and borrowed some other seasons on DVD.

Good to watch in bulk but now I have to wait a week or three for a new episode the "teasers" they throw at you all the time do get frustrating.

Still a lot of fun.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I tended to watch it every now and then, and I quite enjoyed it. The main problem for me was trying to remember when each new episode was on, so this usually resulted in me watching episodes in a mixed up order on E4.

Definitely something I wouldn't mind owning the box set of at some point.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I've seen most episodes of this on E4, it's awesome.
Waiting for the new series episodes, E4 don't really show them because the episodes are mixed up.
It's gonna be Legen-wait for it-dary! ph34r.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

The show was absolutely crackling during the first four seasons. Then it matured and some were put off by it. But I think it was necessary. It's not easy to showcase character development whilst maintaining the same standards as before, but the writers have done a decent job so far. It's still quite funny in parts and I'm not going to stop watching it because I REALLY want to know who the mother is.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

I enjoyed the first few seasons very much and then It kind of seemed like the same stuff was happening every season. The main character would meet a female and then it wouldn't work out. I just think they are making the mystery of the mother way too drawn out.

Overall it is still a great show and will make you laugh but I think it's getting kind of stale and repetitive.

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 07:38)
I enjoyed the first few seasons very much and then It kind of seemed like the same stuff was happening every season. The main character would meet a female and then it wouldn't work out. I just think they are making the mystery of the mother way too drawn out.

Overall it is still a great show and will make you laugh but I think it's getting kind of stale and repetitive.

The show doesn't only focus on Ted's life and his journey to meeting the mother, but also on Marshall and Lily's life as a couple, Barney's life, Robin's life, I don't find it repetitive as something new happens every season, as we get closer to finding out who the mother is.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think I tried to watch this show one time and didn't make it to the end of the episode. I just can't get into shows with the same corny jokes as all the other ones and accompanied by a laugh track.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I just starting watching it about a month a go. I've already bought the boxset and I've managed to get to the end of the fourth season. I just find everything about HIMYM funny, I'm not even sure why, I just think its a pretty fresh and unique show. Oh and Barney just adds so very much biggrin.gif

@TheCacti.: Personally, I find the humour quite different to other shows, maybe you just watched a crappy episode. I'll give you the thing about the laugh track though, they really piss me off. Luckily, the one in HIMYM is pretty quiet and doesn't tend to bother me smile.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

For the first 4 or so seasons they used natural laughters, ie they played the episode to an audience and actually recorded their laughter. I guess that proved too costly because they use canned laughter on the newer seasons which is a bit of a shame.

I like the show but seem to prefer the episodes where none of the characters (apart from Marshall and Lily of course) or really tied down to a partner. I feel it just interupts the flow of the main characters and I'm pretty sure everyone likes Barney more when he's up to his usual womanizing self than obsessively trying to be in a steady relationship.

With that said I do like the show, there are a few duds here and there but it's generally pretty good. My only other complaint is I wish they'd f*cking make their mind up in regards to Ted and Robin. It seems like a serious lack of creativity on the writers part.

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

The season finale was pretty much what I expected..

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 19:55)

Indeed. Although, I'm slightly disappointed. I had really hoped for Barney to have a future with Quinn. They seemed perfect for each other.

And oh, I'm not sure how the Victoria storyline is supposed to go. She's deffo not the mother and with only one season left, I'd be pretty disappointed if I don't get to see a sufficient part featuring the actual mother.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 09:07)
QUOTE (Baseball @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 19:55)

Indeed. Although, I'm slightly disappointed. I had really hoped for Barney to have a future with Quinn. They seemed perfect for each other.

And oh, I'm not sure how the Victoria storyline is supposed to go. She's deffo not the mother and with only one season left, I'd be pretty disappointed if I don't get to see a sufficient part featuring the actual mother.

She is so the mother. I haven't invested all this time for Ted not to end up with her.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Although at first glance it might seem so, the clues clearly suggest that she is not the mother. Lets consider some of the clues that tell us for sure that she ain't the one. Ted says that the mother was in the Economics 101 class. If that was the case, then Victoria would have recognized him. What she would be doing in NY taking Economics classes would be an altogether different story. And secondly, Ted also mentions that he meets the mother at Barney's wedding. Once again indicating that Victoria can't be the mother because he's already met her before.

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Awful finale. Plus, Smulder's boobs rival that of a 9 year old's.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:49 AM Edited by Slamman, 25 May 2012 - 05:58 AM.

I'm not a fan of the show, but family members like it, so I wound up watching just as they were, at times there's good humor, but its always the same based on the characters traits, so you can expect a particular comic angle depending on who it is. This is a basic problem with many shows that don't have enough dimensions for each character. It also never really progresses enough as a story.

A lot of people like the show about the nerds who have female girl friends.... Totally unrealistic right there!! ha ha ha

Isn't it a bit weird or odd that Barney aka Doogie Howzer is actually gay, though I like him, he's always playing the opposite on screen in Harold and Kumar or this show?? He is good at it though, gotta give him that! haha

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, May 25 2012, 05:49)
Isn't it a bit weird or odd that Barney aka Doogie Howzer is actually gay, though I like him, he's always playing the opposite on screen in Harold and Kumar or this show?? He is good at it though, gotta give him that! haha

What Neil is in real life is not really that important to me, he's an actor, and like you said, plays the role of a womanizer perfectly. And it's even more impressive considering..

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 09:48)

What Neil is in real life is not really that important to me, he's an actor, and like you said, plays the role of a womanizer perfectly. And it's even more impressive considering..

I think that because he is gay, his womanizing is so much better than a straight guy doing it. Take Joey from Friends and compare him to Barney or any other straight actor playing a womanizer, they lack something that NPH brings to the show.

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 09:21)
QUOTE (Baseball @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 09:48)

I think that because he is gay, his womanizing is so much better than a straight guy doing it. Take Joey from Friends and compare him to Barney or any other straight actor playing a womanizer, they lack something that NPH brings to the show.

Sheen also did an alright job in TAAHM. But yeah, NPH's acting is indeed different than all the others, and quite frankly, better.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Joey's womanizing was just a part of his character, something that was never really explored. Barney's character is completely of a womanizer and it's his internal conflicts of whether he's truly happy in that role that defines his character. His "legendary" scheming to get women comes to define him and NPH pours a sh*t ton of energy and enthusiasm into that role.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 09:20)
For the first 4 or so seasons they used natural laughters, ie they played the episode to an audience and actually recorded their laughter. I guess that proved too costly because they use canned laughter on the newer seasons which is a bit of a shame.

I like the show but seem to prefer the episodes where none of the characters (apart from Marshall and Lily of course) or really tied down to a partner. I feel it just interupts the flow of the main characters and I'm pretty sure everyone likes Barney more when he's up to his usual womanizing self than obsessively trying to be in a steady relationship.

With that said I do like the show, there are a few duds here and there but it's generally pretty good. My only other complaint is I wish they'd f*cking make their mind up in regards to Ted and Robin. It seems like a serious lack of creativity on the writers part.

I'm pretty sure about 2 seasons ago, well before you posted this, when Ted is talking to his kids, he refers to Robin as auntie Robin, confirming that she is not there mother. I think it was the one were he buys the house and you see at the end it's the house they're in.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

Rest your trigger on my finger

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm a bit bummed that I waited up until just a few months ago to start watching this show. The first episode I saw was the one where Marshall had that issue with pooping at work. I know that kind of story makes for an odd introduction to a series, but nonetheless it was very entertaining. I like that it also has serious parts to it too, coupled with a cast that I found instantly likeable really makes this a stand out series for me. I just wish I had bothered to follow it from the start.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:12 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 06 July 2012 - 09:46 PM.

I love the show. I used to watch the first season late at night on BBC2 many years ago then didn't start watching it again until about a year ago. I'm currently watching season 7 and the repeats on E4.

I agree with people that say the first few seasons were the best.

Also wtf happened with Cobie Smulders? Her attractiveness took a serious nosedive around season 7. I know she had a kid but still...

TheGTAHell97
  • TheGTAHell97

Psychologism is the paradoxical infinite continuum of life

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

HIMYM rocks my bed!! I mean WORLD!!
I started watching it coz some of my friends were talking 'bout it at school.
Watched the first episode and suddenly, it was like being injected with heroin!
I watched the whole 6 season in a month. Sacrificed sleepless nights going through the seasons. Again and again.
Though @WF the Hobgoblin was right. Colbie Smulders has definitely reached her hotness expiry date.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm guessing that HIMYM will end in 1/2 years. Because in one of the latest episodes, they was showing how their life was gonna be better in 2 years, went from 2001 to 2013, and in 2013.
It showed Ted with a baby in his hands and he was all father-like and quoted by Barney "I can't believe he brought a girl to a "Star Wars Trilogy" and Quoted by Marshall "C'mon dude, he's happy." And once again quoted by Barney "I guess." Which they watched the Star Wars Trilogy every 2 years.
Showing that he is married, so he has a baby next year - could end by next year or at the end of THIS year. Seeing as it takes 9 months until a baby is born once pregnant.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Isn't it confirmed that the next season is going to be the last one? I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere...

Edit: Okay, it seems they have not decided yet, but the actors' contracts run out at the end of next season.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 10:46)
Isn't it confirmed that the next season is going to be the last one? I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere...

Edit: Okay, it seems they have not decided yet, but the actors' contracts run out at the end of next season.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Jason Segel ( at least ) will be done after next season.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

Ending it this season would be perfect. They can split the season into 3 parts of 7 episodes each. The first 7 deal with Ted falling in love with the mother, so she is revealed, then 7 deal with the marriage and all that bullsh*t. The Last 7 deal with the future of all 3 couples. Maybe do a flash forward of 6- 9 months after the marriage, show us Ted and Wife expecting, Marshall and Lily planning another kid and Barney and Robyn married.

That would be the best way to bring closure to everyone's character arcs and all the plots. Or they expanded that over 2 seasons making but still keep a tight grip on what is happening.

So spread over two seasons, 14 episodes devoted to Ted dealing with Victoria and finishing that, then Ted finding the Mother. That takes us 2/3s the way through this coming season (Season 8). The last 7 - 9 episodes of this season are devoted to the romance/wedding of Ted. We also see Lily and Marshall's baby, Barney and Robin getting together. The first 7 episodes of the last season (Season 9) conclude with the wedding or pick up after the wedding. Then jump 6- 9 months and spend the rest of that season (Season 9) showing us the future of all three couples.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'd kinda be surprised if they spent more than a few minutes tops dealing with the mother, I expect the final few minutes of the series to be Ted explaining what he was doing that day blah blah blah, then he bumps into their mother and the show ends with 'And Kids, thats the story of How I Met Your Mother.'

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Just finished season 7 online. Next season starts in about 2 weeks or so? I absolutely Loved the babies middle name that was chosen by Barney, hahaha.. Did it actually stick though?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users