Quantcast

» «
Photo

Aiming Reticle (Reticule)

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which aiming reticle do you want? (183 member(s) have cast votes)

Which aiming reticle do you want?

1. Thick-bold dot (like RDR's singleplayer and MP3) (60 votes [33.52%])

Percentage of vote: 33.52%

2. Same as IV - Tiny dot (Basic option) and Tiny dot with circle (Complex option) (65 votes [36.31%])

Percentage of vote: 36.31%

3. Cross - A simple '+' mark on the screen (11 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

4. Multiple (different for each type of weapon) (41 votes [22.91%])

Percentage of vote: 22.91%

5. Other (Comment) (2 votes [1.12%])

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:22 AM Edited by Flashify, 04 May 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Okay, as a GTA IV player, you'll understand me when I stress that the Basic aiming option in-game, is barley visible at any time other than night. And as for a player that uses this Basic option because of disliking how big the Complex option (the Basic dot but with a circle around) is, I am stuck with the near-invisible, tiny dot which really gives players that also use Basic a disadvantage in multiplayer.

So all I'm asking is how do you want the aiming reticle to be in V? Personally, I really like Max Payne 3's thick dot which looks similar to Red Dead Redemption's single player reticle too (annoyingly them put the good-old circle around it in multi player, though). So I'd love to have that in V. But, my actual decision would be multiple reticles per type of weapon, but still simple. So for example, if I just have a pistol, I would only want a simple, bold dot (exactly like Max Payne 3).

I'm sure even a good amount of people want different reticles, depending on the weapon. If so, vote in the poll - I really want to see if this is a frustrating problem with anyone else.

Thanks. smile.gif

Oh and by the way if this is a repeated thread then I apologise but to be honest the search feature is sh*t, I went through a few pages but couldn't find this title anywhere so hopefully I'm all clear.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

IMO i thought the circle around the dot in gta 4 was too large, i lked red dead redemption aiming, or just a dot like gta 4 complex aiming

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Different aiming options should give different reticules.
And each gun should vary slightly. Shotguns should have a larger aiming circle, and pistols should have a smaller one.

And i think in RDR/GTA, changing the aim method through the menu changed the reticule?

An option to select the reticules colour would be pretty welcome too, perhaps an option to turn it off completely for a laugh.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

I also thought about choosing the colour, but could see a few problems depending on your environment. White seems the best colour.

I agree with your meaning they should vary slightly, and I am hopeful because I'm sure they'll use similar, if not the same reticles from MP3 with V.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

The thick bold dot in RDR and MP3 would NOT WORK IN GTAV.

Those games are about quick kills, therefore R* spoils you with a tiny dot, that makes the bullet go exactly wherever you point it.

This would be sh*t in GTAV because it would become WAY too easy. Keep IV's system please.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 12:05)

Those games are about quick kills, therefore R* spoils you with a tiny dot, that makes the bullet go exactly wherever you point it.

This would be sh*t in GTAV because it would become WAY too easy. Keep IV's system please.

that makes no sense, in gta 4 all it took was 1 bullet in the head and they die, i could easily kill 10 police officers in about 10 seconds, but in red dead redemption it was a little harder

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Flashify @ Friday, May 4 2012, 10:55)
I also thought about choosing the colour, but could see a few problems depending on your environment. White seems the best colour.

I agree with your meaning they should vary slightly, and I am hopeful because I'm sure they'll use similar, if not the same reticles from MP3 with V.

I don't know. It'd depend on your TV/game brightness contrast settings i think. A white one might work but if you have the game's brightness high, then a black reticle or maybe even red or blue.

@1whitebuddah usually a bullet to the head DOES kill people. In RDR a bullet to the head will kill everyone and most animals.
Changing the targeting settings to allow more difficult aiming will make it harder - manual aim for example.

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I like the aiming mode of RDR and MP3.. smile.gif

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

I like to see where I am aiming at, so the circle and dot is for me. But there should be a choice to the picky people.

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I actually liked the aiming reticules in IV. The enemy health information circling it is a nice touch, and comes in handy.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Should be similar to Max Payne 2, where you can choose different reticule shapes from the options menu such as a +, . or O.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yeah let's have bullseye mode fROM rdr

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'd be happy with the way it was in IV

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'd like a blend of IV and RDR, though the multiple reticles (seen in MP3) is intriguing. Nowadays, I typically play IV with the basic targeting reticle and the main times it gives me grief is when I'm aiming at the sky. So, they should make the dot a bit more bold--maybe even turn red when over a living target like with the casual aiming option in RDR. Still, I'd like V to retain the complex target reticle option from IV because it has an endearing arcade-y quality.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Only one answer for this topic.

OPTIONS!! And lots of them.

Different reticles for different weapons, option to turn the reticle off completely, and the option to have the same reticle for every weapon. This, IMO is an important part of the game and should satisfy everyone.

Shouldn't be too hard for them to implement this into the game either.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Friday, May 4 2012, 18:57)
I'd like a blend of IV and RDR, though the multiple reticles (seen in MP3) is intriguing.  Nowadays, I typically play IV with the basic targeting reticle and the main times it gives me grief is when I'm aiming at the sky.  So, they should make the dot a bit more bold--maybe even turn red when over a living target like with the casual aiming option in RDR.  Still, I'd like V to retain the complex target reticle option from IV because it has an endearing arcade-y quality.

A white circle with a black outline around it would fix all visibility problems easily. The reticle changing colours would be confusing and distracting.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

GTAIVís, I love itís Reticule. Well the complex version that is, the only time I use the Basic is when I'm on manual aim when I'm bored (I only use manual when I'm looking for a change of pace or a challenge) but I can see where the basic's small dot get's annoying, so they could have a thick dot for the basic and keep the complex reticule.

I hope they also keep GTAIV's auto aiming, where you can target over there bodys and just score head shot apon head shot, where in past GTA's like SA you needed to use free aim to do that from a distance.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'd prefer if it was like Red Dead Redemptions Reticle. smile.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Same as IV except the middle dot on the circle should be red and slightly glow (like in VC) when on a human (or animal?) whenever you buy a laser sight attachment.

GLOCK_1907
  • GLOCK_1907

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

hope they keep it same as they had in gta iv

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (1whitebuddah @ Friday, May 4 2012, 12:18)

that makes no sense, in gta 4 all it took was 1 bullet in the head and they die, i could easily kill 10 police officers in about 10 seconds, but in red dead redemption it was a little harder

Well I didn't take into account the n00bz that use auto aim tounge.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Slighty OT, I dont want the enemy health bar come back to the aiming reticule. I dont really see why its necessary really, you're shooting someone, 2-3 bullets should put them down anyway (IMO NPCs in IV had too much health and it was a bit unrealistic). But I suppose is doesnt matter so long as there is an option for a single dot like in IV.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 15:28)
Slighty OT, I dont want the enemy health bar come back to the aiming reticule. I dont really see why its necessary really, you're shooting someone, 2-3 bullets should put them down anyway (IMO NPCs in IV had too much health and it was a bit unrealistic). But I suppose is doesnt matter so long as there is an option for a single dot like in IV.

Exactly, but if people like IV's Complex aiming reticle, then they should leave that in their as an option. I, however, am a manual aiming player and I do not need to see how much health an enemy has, especially a pedestrian. Therefore, I need a thicker dot in order to see where I'm aiming with ease - which IV's Basic aiming dot does not give you, especially at daytime and aiming towards the sky.

Will edit in a few minutes with example pictures of the aims.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Flashify @ Friday, May 4 2012, 10:22)
Okay, as a GTA IV player, you'll understand me when I stress that the Basic aiming option in-game, is barley visible at any time other than night. And as for a player that uses this Basic option because of disliking how big the Complex option (the Basic dot but with a circle around) is, I am stuck with the near-invisible, tiny dot which really gives players that also use Basic a disadvantage in multiplayer.

So all I'm asking is how do you want the aiming reticle to be in V? Personally, I really like Max Payne 3's thick dot which looks similar to Red Dead Redemption's single player reticle too (annoyingly them put the good-old circle around it in multi player, though). So I'd love to have that in V. But, my actual decision would be multiple reticles per type of weapon, but still simple. So for example, if I just have a pistol, I would only want a simple, bold dot (exactly like Max Payne 3).

I'm sure even a good amount of people want different reticles, depending on the weapon. If so, vote in the poll - I really want to see if this is a frustrating problem with anyone else.

Thanks. smile.gif

Oh and by the way if this is a repeated thread then I apologise but to be honest the search feature is sh*t, I went through a few pages but couldn't find this title anywhere so hopefully I'm all clear.

I never found IV's dot a problem, I could always see, as opposed to what you say about Max Payne 3 I have trouble seeing the dot for smg's and pistols.

Maybe it's the difference in the lighting styles of the games but as I say, IV never gave me problems with the basic dot.
Even RDR seemed as good as IV's for me and also never had a problem.

MP3 the dot gets mixed in with all the other crap going on on-screen, I might be trying to aim at someone with the spark of a grenade explosion and by the time I realize my mistake i'm dead.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (1whitebuddah @ Friday, May 4 2012, 12:18)

Well thats wrong straight away.
As i'm sure everyone here knows GTA IV headshots work like this:
2 shots with no BA
3 shots with BA.

Oh I see you're not talking about multiplayer, oh well.
I assume this thread is regarding multiplayer mainly.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (DirtyHarry44 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:08)
Only one answer for this topic.

OPTIONS!! And lots of them.

Different reticles for different weapons, option to turn the reticle off completely, and the option to have the same reticle for every weapon. This, IMO is an important part of the game and should satisfy everyone.

Shouldn't be too hard for them to implement this into the game either.

It would have to work like AA on or off (from IV) all aa on games are seperate from off.

So if I had the basic reticule (just the dot) from IV I'd have to be placed in a game were other people are using the basic reticule from IV otherwise people get advantages and disadvantages.

Otherwise have it like MP3 were most reticules are different between guns that way everyone has access to the same advantages and disadvantages.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I love the dot, feels a lot more accurate.
I'd also like if they just did what they've done with Max Payne 3; having always a dot or weapon specific reticles.
So for example pistols would stay as dots, Rifles are more conventional crosshairs which expand when firing, SMG's are circular crosshairs which expand when firing, the Grenade Launcher is like a T shape and Shotguns are like brackets with a dot in the middle. I'd like that same option as Max Payne 3 basically.

In fact, I'd like them to just carry over the entire shooting model from Max Payne sans bullet time and shoot dodging; it would work great in GTA with a little bit of tuning - best shooting model they've done so far.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 02:16)
I love the dot, feels a lot more accurate.
I'd also like if they just did what they've done with Max Payne 3; having always a dot or weapon specific reticles.
So for example pistols would stay as dots, Rifles are more conventional crosshairs which expand when firing, SMG's are circular crosshairs which expand when firing, the Grenade Launcher is like a T shape and Shotguns are like brackets with a dot in the middle. I'd like that same option as Max Payne 3 basically.

In fact, I'd like them to just carry over the entire shooting model from Max Payne sans bullet time and shoot dodging; it would work great in GTA with a little bit of tuning - best shooting model they've done so far.

In V though they'd have to make it so you aim with your left trigger (actually pull the gun up from arms at the side).

Gotta say in MP3 I don't like the way you aim were'ever you point your camera, i'd like to look around without having to aim.
It's good enough for MP3 but it'd be too rigid for GTAV.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Chuckles, to explain my problems with the 'Basic' aiming option in IV (which you don't seem to be having), have you ever tried to shoot at a helicopter in Multiplayer, at daytime? I swear the reticle is completely transparent. The dot itself isn't 100% opaque, for some reason, making anything other than aiming at dark-coloured objects difficult. As some people have said, I could just easily jump into the Menu and change the reticle setting to 'Complex', but I honestly hate playing with that huge circle - it feels inaccurate.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Should zoom in when you need better line of sight, but anything less intrusive to the immersion experience is best, and from other games, I see too much to complain about, in terms of graphic HUDs and similar that occupy all areas of the screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users