New Detailed Info on Crews in Max/GTAV

100 replies to this topic
r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Gaunty @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 20:17)
QUOTE (ACR @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:03)
QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 10:55)

Even tho the game is 18+, everyone has a right to play if they want to!

According the the law, they don't. PEGI/ESRB-ratings exist for a reason.

Yes they can, buy parent or someone 18+ must be near him. And you will not get arrested if you play +18 and you are below that. The one who sold to you will get in jail. And you can't sue that company for whatever reason.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (GimpWithaYoyo @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 19:24)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 06:41)

At least the first 5 or 6 months after release were just endless good fun.  I played Public games and I'd spend a good amount of time just picking people up and taking them around showing them good stuff.

I still do that, today. I enjoy showing people stuff that they haven't found, themselves. And I always like it when I see other people do unique things. In a way, it kind of shows our personalities.

Have you ever put a city bus on top of the airport roof? I have, MANY times.

How do you do that? mercie_blink.gif

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Gaunty @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 15:17)

Just so you know, the ESRB is not enforced by the law. So a 13 year old could buy it without the store getting f*cked.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 22:40)
QUOTE (Gaunty @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 15:17)

Just so you know, the ESRB is not enforced by the law. So a 13 year old could buy it without the store getting f*cked.

that 18+ means its recommended to play the game until u r 18+

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Is this Crew thing in any way like RDR an posse? I know there's a quite a bit of a difference but am I on the right lines?

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Crews sound very interesting I just hope there are a few aussies that will let me into their crew would be fun I think.

SneakyPete8129
  • SneakyPete8129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

First off I just want to start by saying I realize I've come into this discussion a couple months late but whatever that's not important. I also did Not play MP3 nor have I been keeping up with all of the formal news articles or announcements made by R* or other gaming affiliates.

Alright with that said after getting to Page 4 of the comments and feedback and reading all the little snide comments and responses I've gathered that there are some common Concerns about the game.
1. MP is dumb (<-- Common opinion I'm seeing)
2. The 300 Crew member cap off
3. Nobody likes playing with annoying kids

Alright first off, Multiplayer is Not stupid nor is it dumb. I understand that not Everybody is going to enjoy the experience. You also need to understand that the gaming industry Is in it for the MONEY! They are going to design games and then build upon them. You basic game includes a Story line and ever since Xbox made it mainstream, Achievements Or Trophies. OK but what about after that? What about all the people who don't care for achievements? Is that it? Can a person spend $60+ on a game that they literally beat in a week and still not get continual enjoyment from it? That's where the Multiplayer comes in. Now depending on the Creativity and collation of the game developers, Multiplayer can be truly Great or it can fall through. But that all depends on how much the avg. Gamer is willing to invest their "oh so precious" time to try out new things that may or may not have been done before. I personally enjoyed the MP experience from GTA4. Thought it was great! Did I enjoy all of the games. No of course not. Some of them were pretty stupid and after giving them a try (4-5 times) I gave up and played the ones I enjoyed. TDM, GTA Racing, and Cops and Robbers occasionally. Now i'm certain that R* is aware of the fan base and their likes and dislikes about GTA4. I'm sure they will have thought of New games and probably will bring back the old ones. Just give it a try though. If you like it. Great you got your monies worth. if not. who cares? you still got to play a Really great story line and you have your achievements to show for it.

Moving on.

Wow. I Can Not believe some of you are Really hung up on this 300 crew member capoff. Seriously? Are some of you Really that naive to believe they would let you have 300 people In the game playing against another 300 people...? Do you realize how Insane that would be? If that was Real... Hook me up with Those servers and super computers! haha
Alright I'll play along though. This is MY sole impression of the way Crews are set up. I'll use the COD (Call of Duty) Clan as an example. Crews are like Clans in the sense that you can have 100-300 people in your group. BUT that does NOT mean you will have that many IN THE GAME WITH YOU! At the most I can see there being 12 Members from one clan playing against 12 members of another clan. That means there would be 24 (MAX) people in a game at any given moment. Following that I agree with you that it's highly illogical that you will know, IRL or Not, all 299 Members of your Clan. But wait. Let's back up. R* is saying that your crew has a cap off. That you Could have up to 300 people in your group. They're not saying you Will, but that you Can. At the most part if you elect to have a private group I think a fair Realistic amount to be in your group will be 50+ people. Not saying you might not have a full group. But Most crews will only have 1/6th of the crew full.
Now I don't remember the number ( I Think it said something like 1500 people) can be part of Open Crews. But if That's anything like COD MW3 that's like becoming part of a group that's Local. For instance part of your High school, your City, The state you live in, your favorite sports team, or maybe some part of the miltary service like USMC. Will you know Everybody in that group? Possible, but unlikely. But all of you will share the same likes and interest which brought you to that group to begin with. You've just bonded. Be happy you have new potential friends. lol.gif

Moving on.

High pitched annoying 10-15 year olds that Never shut the hell up. 16-30 years olds that think Just because they have reached a certain Age they Automatically become Mature adults that don't remember OR still act like the children they hate and put down on games.
Or those really "Cool and Awesome" 31-w/e Age people that everybody wants to be friends with who can still act like douches and immature assholes. Here's My advice. When they pop into the game and they speak for however long it takes for YOU to realize they are annoying, STOP w/e it you're doing. Pull up their Gamer tag acct. and Permanently Mute them! You will NEVER have to hear them again, unless you want to give them another chance. If not Nobody is asking you to listen to them. Nobody is asking you to play with them. and Nobody is forcing you to sit there on your ass and do nothing to correct the situation. Unless you really do just want to come down to their level and act immature and sh*t talk back to them. Basically trying to be the best troll you know how. You can literally ignore them.
Now i'll admit. I just turned 25 last month. But I still act like an immature ass myself. Especially back on GTA4. Back when once that MP game started I could scream, Yell, repeat the same thing over and over, and do whatever I wanted. and you have No idea who it was nor could you mute me. That was then. Hopefully R* has corrected that. If not You can bet your ass I plan to take advantage of it to really annoy and piss people off! lol Hey look I'm 25 and act immature too. Just like a 13 year old. Imagine that. sigh.gif

Now with all that said. I am Really looking forward to whenever this game drops. I check weekly for new info. which never comes. I'm craving for it. I really hope it comes out This year at the latest in December. I doubt it will though. It's October and still no advertisement for it. But we shall see. I think the Crew idea is Amazing. 300 members means we'll have better stats and it's more of a chance for me to rock my Mayhem Clan and represent who we are.

My personal questions:
1. Will we be able to design Crew Signatures?
2. If Yes to above, Will we be able to tag signatures to Turf, Cars, and wear Clothing representing our clans or where we're from?
3. How many members from each crew Can be in a MP Game at any given time?
4. How will the Turf Wars work?
5. Will there be an Online Site (Like COD Elite) where we can customize and represent our crews?

Anyhow. This is just My response to everybody's comments. If you wish to respond I'd love your feedback. If you want to act like a total douche and say something retarded go ahead. Letting you know now though that I may never respond. I might choose to Ignore your dumbass. I'm saying that Now so later after you make w/e comment you'll know ahead of time i Am ignoring you and that you Didn't get to me.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I presume this will just be one game mode? 250 players in a private crew. So this is basically clans. Are they really saying that 250 people can play against another 250 people in team deathmatch for example?

What the crazy hell.

and public crews are unlimited? This is crazy, there's a key bit to this information that we won't get so at the moment it's not much to go on.

EDIT: God dammit I thought this was a new bit of information.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (RED_ @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 14:51)
I presume this will just be one game mode? 250 players in a private crew. So this is basically clans. Are they really saying that 250 people can play against another 250 people in team deathmatch for example?

What the crazy hell.

Nah, of course not.. in a match there probably will be 16 or 32 (PC) players. Or the cap will be raised.. like doubled -> 32 and 64

It's like clans like you said.. or better: A football (soccer for you americans) team can consist of over 20 or even 30 players.. but only 11 can play at the same time at a match.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 13:40)
QUOTE (RED_ @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 14:51)

What the crazy hell.

Nah, of course not.. in a match there probably will be 16 or 32 (PC) players. Or the cap will be raised.. like doubled -> 32 and 64

It's like clans like you said.. or better: A football (soccer for you americans) team can consist of over 20 or even 30 players.. but only 11 can play at the same time at a match.

So together as a crew the point is to play as normal but when you win you get points for your crew and all together the crew unlocks rewards? Or just goes up the leaderboard whatever.

productofboom
  • productofboom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hopefully crews will be deeper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users