Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Detailed Info on Crews in Max/GTAV

100 replies to this topic
MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Gege @ Friday, May 4 2012, 05:15)
Anyone else didn't like GTA IV's multiplayer? I hope GTA V will have a better online mode.

Yup, GTA IV Multiplayer sucks big time! I rly hope V will improve on that.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Is there a possibility that this is what they define as bold new direction?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Versous @ Friday, May 4 2012, 12:20)

For Multiplayer yes.. the bold new direction in open world freedom etc. has yet to be revealed though.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

I don't understand this if there's only going to be 16 players per game (if it stays the same as IV).

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:32 AM Edited by Versous, 04 May 2012 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, May 4 2012, 11:25)

For Multiplayer yes.. the bold new direction in open world freedom etc. has yet to be revealed though.

I thought the bold new direction was only related to MP, so maybe that's it...

PS: Important question: Does anybody know if it'll be possible to change crews. If you start playing MP3 and you join and begin with a crew, will it be possible to change the crew in GTA V?

Bohan Bomber
  • Bohan Bomber

ShadyAftermath

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 16:22)
Sounds like a good idea to me. Anythings better than GTAIVs painfully boring bare-bones multiplayer (with no one on the servers anyways these days)

Anyone who wants to be in the Zee crew, I'm accepting applications via PM.

Applications? lol.gif

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Versous @ Friday, May 4 2012, 12:32)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, May 4 2012, 11:25)

I thought the bold new direction was only related to MP, so maybe that's it...

PS: Important question: Does anybody know if it'll be possible to change crews. If you start playing MP3 and you join and begin with a crew, will it be possible to change the crew in GTA V?

Yup, it is. From the press release:

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer [...]

About your important question, as far as I know you can attend on five different crews at the same time. So probably yes.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (abottig @ Friday, May 4 2012, 03:38)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 16:00)
QUOTE (GTAglezga @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 19:57)
I just want to play GTA, I don't want to be part of some stupid crew full of 14 year olds talking sh*t into their headsets.

Imagine 250 of those losers all talking at once† icon13.gifph34r.gif

Lol I didn't think about that, that's part of the reason I'm not attracted to multiplayer, all those prepubescent children screaming in the mics is very annoying. RDR's multiplayer was a little better though, there didn't seem to be as many 13 year olds on there as with other games

Fools.

Just build a crew with people who are NOT 14 years old.

Lol, what are you 13 too?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Friday, May 4 2012, 06:32)
Who gives a flying f*ck about multiplayer groups?

I could at least go with the name of a town or some sh*t, but no. Everything V also has to be Max Payne. I hope it flops. That would be the best day ever.

[Supreme]

dont like it, dont comment then. u saw the thread title, if u couldnt give a flying f*ck, why did you even bother to click on the thread in the first place?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

In the industry community of virtual worlds (e.g., Second Life) and MMOs (e.g., World of Warcraft) there is a lot of discussion going on about interoperability standards - allowing avatars, accounts and assets (and clans/crews for example) to transfer between worlds. The new R* Crew idea will enable this for Rockstar games. That is probably a good thing.

Could Crews be the beginning of a Rockstar MMO system?

______
  • ______

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just, please, no Games for Windows Live! GFWL sucks big time as an online service for GTA IV.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

I love how so many people are talking sh*t about IV multiplayer. Yes, it isn't fantastic, though it can be enjoyable if you play with a select group of people. That's what private matches are for. I remember before IV came out, people were overjoyed to be able to cruise around Liberty City with a friend or a group of friends. It seemed like a great time to be able to do drive bys and such in a coordinated way. That's something we never had before, at least without mods. Of course, not everyone posting here was a part of the GTA forums back then, some of you probably weren't even GTA fans before IV came out. Maybe you just have no friends to play online with, I don't know, I personally had some fun times with mine.

On to the 'crews'. Why is everyone so perplexed with this idea? It's just a form of clans, with a different name. Clans have existed in online games for years now; hell, at least for a decade... Developers are simply giving us the tools to form clans within games now, instead of having 'imaginary' clans only organized by clan forums or websites.

Each of these crews will just be a group of players working towards a common goal, so to speak. Crews will have their own name and logo to differentiate themselves from others. Even if a multiplayer match can only contain 16 players, and crews are 250+ members, each individual performance adds to the crews overall score. I don't know how they will decide who is the best crew, but I'd assume it has something to do with kill count.

There are actually a lot of games that have a system like this in it, especially more modern games.

If playing with 14 year old kids is your phobia, then why not join or create a crew for 18+ only? Or how about 40+ only? I mean, seriously, what is the big problem with that?

People spawn camping you with a helicopter? Join a crew with people who don't do that, and only play games with and against them.

I'm sure that GTA V's multiplayer will be a lot better than GTA IV's was, because it has to be. We are obviously all so spoiled these days with great games that we take everything for granted. I would have killed for the ability to play San Andreas or Vice City back when they were launched, on my ps2, with friends online. Just to be able to drive around in cars for hours on end would have been enjoyable. We get that in IV and everyone bitches and moans about it.

Crews could be a good thing, if you have the intelligence to utilize them in the correct way. Hell, joining the right crew might even make people who hate multiplayer enjoy it more.

Thanks, flame away. icon14.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (fitbikesbmx @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:42)
I love how so many people are talking sh*t about IV multiplayer. Yes, it isn't fantastic, though it can be enjoyable if you play with a select group of people. That's what private matches are for. I remember before IV came out, people were overjoyed to be able to cruise around Liberty City with a friend or a group of friends. It seemed like a great time to be able to do drive bys and such in a coordinated way. That's something we never had before, at least without mods. Of course, not everyone posting here was a part of the GTA forums back then, some of you probably weren't even GTA fans before IV came out. Maybe you just have no friends to play online with, I don't know, I personally had some fun times with mine.

On to the 'crews'. Why is everyone so perplexed with this idea? It's just a form of clans, with a different name. Clans have existed in online games for years now; hell, at least for a decade... Developers are simply giving us the tools to form clans within games now, instead of having 'imaginary' clans only organized by clan forums or websites.

Each of these crews will just be a group of players working towards a common goal, so to speak. Crews will have their own name and logo to differentiate themselves from others. Even if a multiplayer match can only contain 16 players, and crews are 250+ members, each individual performance adds to the crews overall score. I don't know how they will decide who is the best crew, but I'd assume it has something to do with kill count.

There are actually a lot of games that have a system like this in it, especially more modern games.

If playing with 14 year old kids is your phobia, then why not join or create a crew for 18+ only? Or how about 40+ only? I mean, seriously, what is the big problem with that?

People spawn camping you with a helicopter? Join a crew with people who don't do that, and only play games with and against them.

I'm sure that GTA V's multiplayer will be a lot better than GTA IV's was, because it has to be. We are obviously all so spoiled these days with great games that we take everything for granted. I would have killed for the ability to play San Andreas or Vice City back when they were launched, on my ps2, with friends online. Just to be able to drive around in cars for hours on end would have been enjoyable. We get that in IV and everyone bitches and moans about it.

Crews could be a good thing, if you have the intelligence to utilize them in the correct way. Hell, joining the right crew might even make people who hate multiplayer enjoy it more.

Thanks, flame away. icon14.gif

The truth is we don't want to hear prepubescent voices on multiplayer because we don't want to be reminded that we're man children and that in reality we're not that much more mature than the screaming 13 year old fa**ot behind the mic. There I said it. I think this crew stuff sounds awesome but I am weary of the bastard children who will undoubtedly be a part of it, although as I said before I only ran into one on RDR so maybe that's an indicator of the crowd MP3 might have.

Hazelnot
  • Hazelnot

Hustler

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:06)
The truth is we don't want to hear prepubescent voices on multiplayer because we don't want to be reminded that we're man children and that in reality we're not that much more mature than the screaming 13 year old fa**ot behind the mic. There I said it. I think this crew stuff sounds awesome but I am weary of the bastard children who will undoubtedly be a part of it, although as I said before I only ran into one on RDR so maybe that's an indicator of the crowd MP3 might have.

How is 13 prepuberty? Isn't puberty the age of about 12-14 years old? Or is it different with Americans and Russians?

Anyway, Crews are an awesome idea. You can just make one with only friends in it, so you don't hear 12-year-old Americans screaming through the mic. And the fact that they're transferable makes them the ultimate cross-platform (?), cross-game clan system.

So yes, I want crews in my GTA V.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:40)
Just, please, no Games for Windows Live! GFWL sucks big time as an online service for GTA IV.

wasnt MP3 comfirmed to not use GFWL ?

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:06)
QUOTE (fitbikesbmx @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:42)
I love how so many people are talking sh*t about IV multiplayer.  Yes, it isn't fantastic, though it can be enjoyable if you play with a select group of people.  That's what private matches are for.  I remember before IV came out, people were overjoyed to be able to cruise around Liberty City with a friend or a group of friends.  It seemed like a great time to be able to do drive bys and such in a coordinated way.  That's something we never had before, at least without mods.  Of course, not everyone posting here was a part of the GTA forums back then, some of you probably weren't even GTA fans before IV came out.  Maybe you just have no friends to play online with, I don't know, I personally had some fun times with mine. 

On to the 'crews'.  Why is everyone so perplexed with this idea?  It's just a form of clans, with a different name.  Clans have existed in online games for years now; hell, at least for a decade... Developers are simply giving us the tools to form clans within games now, instead of having 'imaginary' clans only organized by clan forums or websites.

Each of these crews will just be a group of players working towards a common goal, so to speak.  Crews will have their own name and logo to differentiate themselves from others.  Even if a multiplayer match can only contain 16 players, and crews are 250+ members, each individual performance adds to the crews overall score.  I don't know how they will decide who is the best crew, but I'd assume it has something to do with kill count. 

People spawn camping you with a helicopter?  Join a crew with people who don't do that, and only play games with and against them. 

I'm sure that GTA V's multiplayer will be a lot better than GTA IV's was, because it has to be.  We are obviously all so spoiled these days with great games that we take everything for granted.  I would have killed for the ability to play San Andreas or Vice City back when they were launched, on my ps2, with friends online.  Just to be able to drive around in cars for hours on end would have been enjoyable.  We get that in IV and everyone bitches and moans about it. 

Crews could be a good thing, if you have the intelligence to utilize them in the correct way.  Hell, joining the right crew might even make people who hate multiplayer enjoy it more.

Thanks, flame away.  icon14.gif

Awww little bitch crying over there because he thinks the game is made for his types only.
If you don't like it or you don't wanna give anyone else a chance to enter one then stay out of a crew yourself you selfish bastard.

Seems like you have been owned by some of these 13-14 year old kids, thats why you're reacting like that.
Even tho the game is 18+, everyone has a right to play if they want to!

like i said, just mute your tv and stfu

This crew thing could turn out really cool, do some crazy stuff with the other members, I hope the system behind it works well!

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

The only good thing about this crew thing is that hopefully we will get 64 player multiplayer on PC.

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Entitled Asshat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Why are people saying that they don't want to hear 250 people at once? They're talking about the amount of people in your crew on Social Club. I seriously doubt you'd find over 200 people on one gamemode.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (HOAXi @ Friday, May 4 2012, 06:49)
QUOTE (whittle13 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 13:38)
Everyone just scarred to say they think they will enjoy multiplayer in GTA V because they want everyone else to know that they are not a 12 year old COD addict.
You can enjoy a good storyline and the multilayer.

And when i say cod i don't mean the fish.

I've never played GTA MP... must be because I'm not 12.

Don't worry, you'll be 12 in a few years hopefully smile.gif Then you won't be scared by those nasty guns and violence wink.gif

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

"So...Are there naked chicas?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:40)

I agree, GFWL sucks big time, I couldn't even get it to right the first few times! angry.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yushi or whatever your name is, you totally missed the point of what I said. It's not surprising though because you're 14, I was an asshole when I was 14 too so I'll give you a pass

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

u can do whatever u want !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, that actually looks like Yushi completely missed the point. If he actually is older than 14, then he should be ashamed of himself.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 10:55)
[
Seems like you have been owned by some of these 13-14 year old kids, thats why you're reacting like that.

like i said, just mute your tv and stfu

This crew thing could turn out really cool, do some crazy stuff with the other members, I hope the system behind it works well!

Go play lego and alice in wonderland stupid kid.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:06 PM Edited by HeNDo6750, 05 May 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Crews in GTA V will be full of pre teens shouting in their headset or going around the map with a RPG on a mad rampage just to kill you over and over again, and that would be annoying as it can be.

Well some crews anyway on GTA V, not all of them though. So crews in GTA V = big mistake unless not with people going around on a mad non stop killing spree

Oh and atleast its not mandatory to join the crew

And i can imagine being on free mode with one of those crews with powerful weapons which they can't control, trying to shoot you or run you over and laughing their heads off for no reason

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I don't get how being part of a crew will make kids play more annoyingly? They already do.. How does calling themselves a crew make it any different? People are using angry
Pre-teens as a reason they don't like the Crews feature.. But what do the two have to do with each other? If there weren't crews the same kids would be just as annoying. Unless I'm missing something here..

GTA_Fan_1982
  • GTA_Fan_1982

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hey John "waves like an idiot"

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

It's a damn shame some people couldn't have a good time with GTAIV Multiplayer.

Did you guys start messing with Multiplayer long after the game came out?

At least the first 5 or 6 months after release were just endless good fun. I played Public games and I'd spend a good amount of time just picking people up and taking them around showing them good stuff.

It got worse as time went on and Free Mode became the only thing with big numbers in it...but even then when you aren't being over run by modders and people griefing with helicopters you can have a hell of a lot of fun.

If you just start your own Crew or ask for an invite from people whom you enjoy playing with you have a decent chance of avoiding the younger spazzier players of whatever nationality, and the deeper voiced, more racist players of whatever nationality as well.

GimpWithaYoyo
  • GimpWithaYoyo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think the crew idea sounds incredibly interesting and will add a lot of diversity and fun to the game.
We're ALL lone wolves in GTA IV, if you think about it, and it's pretty much the same in RDR multiplayer -- unless you join a posse.

I have already joined a small crew, Homicide Peepshow, and am very much looking forward to some online collaboration, always trying to improve on our crew's standing.

However, with that said, in general, when I play either game in multiplayer, I don't go around attacking people. (i play RDR in Friendly Mode)
If someone wants to battle, I'll battle, but not until they instigate it, first. And I think there are a lot of us that don't always want to fight other people, because there is so much other fun stuff to do.
So I think even with the universal crews that are forming, we're all still going to be able to enjoy the city and countryside, in a manner that we wish.

GimpWithaYoyo
  • GimpWithaYoyo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 06:41)

At least the first 5 or 6 months after release were just endless good fun. I played Public games and I'd spend a good amount of time just picking people up and taking them around showing them good stuff.

I still do that, today. I enjoy showing people stuff that they haven't found, themselves. And I always like it when I see other people do unique things. In a way, it kind of shows our personalities.

Have you ever put a city bus on top of the airport roof? I have, MANY times.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (ACR @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:03)
QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 10:55)

According the the law, they don't. PEGI/ESRB-ratings exist for a reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users