» «
Photo

ADDING vehicle sounds and names...

2 replies to this topic
TUN3R
  • TUN3R

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:47 PM Edited by TUN3R, 04 May 2012 - 02:33 PM.

So I decided to resume my project of adding (not replacing) the vehicles from TBOGT and TLAD to IV (some of 'em) and I think this time I managed to finally obtain all the engine sounds. Problem is OpenIV won't let me add them to the default STREAMED_VEHICLES.rpf so I had to create a new .rpf file. How do I get IV to load the new .rpf file? I can't find anything about audio in default.ide, default.dat, gta.dat etc...

Another thing I can't understand would be how the ''Game Name'' string from vehicles.ide works. (admiral, admiral, car, ADMIRAL, ADMIRAL,[COLOR=red], the red string being Game Name). Apparently that assigns the vehicle's name and sound, but I have no clue how I'm suppose to create a new Game Name attribute or whatever to import new car sounds and GXT names. Is there a file the stores all this stuff or is it coded within the audio and .gxt file itself?

Lastly, this is a bit early to be thinking about but, are there any additional scripts for the APC and Buzzard's weapons that I'm supposed to know about? Or can I just add the vehicles and the weapon (cannon / missiles) and they will work together?

EDIT: I figured out most of that (the red stuff), all that's left to do is to make the car use the newly added sounds in the newly created .rpf and the default radio stations. I can't figure that out at all...

pez2k
  • pez2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Unfortunately, this is where we start running up against things that are simply hardcoded in the exe. I would expect it's possible to modify which sound the car uses with a trainer or hook of some sort as Alexander Blade did it for San Andreas, and the Simple Native Trainer does similar for the episodic weapons. Vehicle weapons are most likely hardcoded as they were in previous games, and again will probably require some sort of memory editing. I don't know about adding entirely new soundsets though, not something I've heard done.

Good luck though, it's a breakthrough I'd really like to see happen.

TUN3R
  • TUN3R

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Me too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users