need help

8 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi , i was trying to change the IV vegetation to look it more like Vice city/Florida one. so i began modifying the original trees with palm trees instead , but while i was driving around searching for bugs , i saw few trees that spawn in the middle of roads/bridges due to their taller size . as there are very few like that i was wondering if someone would knew how to tweak the ext_veg.ide so to remove the buggy trees (i believe trees locations are in this file) . or if there's a tool around that allows to see the objects location/coordinates on map

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

i have another problem so i don't open another thread as it is quite the same subject . the trees i'm using (for my own use) have been taken from another mod . but some of them have a metal grid (see pic below) . because of that metal grid i have to put that kind of trees only in concrete areas . that's a shame because these trees would have been perfect in some other areas . so my question is is it possible to remove easily the 3D grid , or is it possible to burry the tree so that the grid won't be visible . thanks

here
user posted image

if somebody would be kind enought to do this for me here's the palm tree (not redistributing anything here just personal use) . all credits belong to lower78 (Los angeles mod) . thanks

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 03:19)
i have another problem so i don't open another thread as it is quite the same subject . the trees i'm using (for my own use) have been taken from another mod . but some of them have a metal grid (see pic below) . because of that metal grid i have to put that kind of trees only in concrete areas . that's a shame because these trees would have been perfect in some other areas . so my question is is it possible to remove easily the 3D grid , or is it possible to burry the tree so that the grid won't be visible . thanks

here
user posted image

if somebody would be kind enought to do this for me here's the palm tree (not redistributing anything here just personal use) . all credits belong to lower78 (Los angeles mod) . thanks

Use OpenIV and 3D Max with GIMS.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

thanks for the help but i don't know nothing about 3D max . and i don't want to spend hundreds of hours learning , just for a tree . i knew a bit of Gmax but 3DS max never tried dozingoff.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

4400 euros . it makes the palm tree pretty expansive . i maybe found another solution , it's to simply re-texture the metal grid in an organic color . i'll test and see

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

found a solution . i simply applied transparent textures on the grid , and it works , as long as the object is small . stupid but it works

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

is there a way to edit the objects placements by groups , i found the objects with OpenIV , i found a tool that allows the WPL editing WPL manager but i have 698 objects to edit user posted image . i want to reduce their Y position a bit

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:51 AM Edited by jpm1, 11 June 2012 - 10:24 AM.

the problem above is solved but i have a question . i found tools that allow to simply and purely remove the objects in the wpl . my question is simple , if i remove these objets is there a risk that the game will crash . i'm talking obviously of objects which aren't used in the missions . i'm making a clean map mod and i used to "burry" the crap . but removing objects could if it's possible lighten my game workload even more . i'm going to make some tests but if i could have the point of view of experienced modders that would be nice .

edit : objects can be removed except in the main wpl (bronx_e.wpl etc)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:27 AM Edited by jpm1, 11 June 2012 - 10:29 AM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 19:06)
QUOTE (jpm1 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 03:19)

here
user posted image

Use OpenIV and 3D Max with GIMS.

how do we learn to use that GIMS thing . can't see any tutorial around . found one about map import but i don't want to import maps i just want to import a little a very small pink flamengo .. and a small manatee too . i have the objects just need a manual

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users