Photo

No girlfriends in GTA V?

56 replies to this topic
CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

The main character describes himself as a "family man" in the trailer, suggesting that he is married and has children.

Will this take away the ability to date girlfriends? Unless he is a widow, a divorced or just unfaithful to his wife.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

That's you assuming he's the "main character" we can't confirm anything about that geezer at this point.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:01)
That's you assuming he's the "main character" we can't confirm anything about that geezer at this point.

The guy talking in the trailer is always the main character. They would not let a side character talk in the trailer.

Break
  • Break

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:06 PM Edited by Break, 02 May 2012 - 09:09 PM.

Do You Know that the game called Grand Theft Auto ?

Not Girl friends date

you see this is gta not gfd

you want girls go outside

Edit : the guy above me right, Please no one mention rdr trailer because its diffrent game

the guy talking in gta 5 trailer is the protag...

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Break @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:06)

Not Girl friends date

I'm not hoping girlfriends return. I'm just thinking they will not be in GTA V, because the main character seems to have a family.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

You see it in the movies. I wanted to retire from what I was doing you know? That, that line of work. Be a good guy for once. A family man. So, I bought a big house. Put my feet up and thought I'd be a dad like all the other dads. My kids would be like the kids on TV. We'd play ball sit in the sun. But you know how it is.

Well a family man doesn't mean he is married, besides as the end of the sentence he says 'But you know how it is'.
Obviously his plans didn't quite work out, maybe he wasn't married to start with (As far as the in game story goes), or he ended up getting divorced when things went pear shaped.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

Moe Boats

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

He's not married.

Girlfriends will still be present, just like hookers.

[Supreme]

Break
  • Break

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:13)
He's not married.

[Supreme]

how do you know ?

oh right your father works at rockstar

I forget sorry biggrin.gif

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:13)
He's not married.

[Supreme]

.................................................. ................__-~":::,-~~-,_::::"-
.................................................. ..........~"::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::::\
.................................................. .__-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
..........................................__-~"::,-':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::~-,
..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-,
......................,~"::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,: |
.................... confused.gif :::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\: :\:|
...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
..............._,-'"~----":: confused.gif ,~""-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"O_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,: :\
............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\- ,|''
............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::'-,:',\|
.........../: confused.gif ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~"\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::: confused.gif "~'
.....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::: confused.gif
..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::---~~""::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-'
..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"::::::::"-,::::::::::|:: confused.gif ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::\:::|"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':: confused.gif
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::: confused.gif :/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::\ Is this guy serious?!!
::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: confused.gif |\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
:::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\| confused.gif |,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:: confused.gif : ||\-,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: confused.gif ...'-,::::::"~::::"-,/_:| confused.gif \:/|/|/|_/:|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~":::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::: confused.gif
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\ .............."~--_____-~~

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:09 PM Edited by ACR, 02 May 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Why would you need girlfriends, hookers will be in game, it's enough, use them, stab them repeatedly and retrieve your hard earned money devil.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, there's a lot to consider. Believe it or not, but R* is allowed to shake things up and have someone other than the main character speak. He could be a character whose plight represents the plight of many of those in Los Santos, he could be the antagonist... obviously, he'd have to be pretty important. He is also very likely to be the protagonist. But you can't say anything for sure.

We also can't say for sure how far his plans came into fruition, if at all, or if it worked out. He may have never gotten married, he may have gotten married but never had kids, maybe he did get his family but now he's divorced and lost custody of the kids... we just don't know. However, if he does have a family, or is at least still married, then maybe not. But then maybe they could have girlfriends as something to tempt the protagonist, and cheating on our wife will effect the story. After all, there's no telling if he actually turned out to be happy with his family or his wife. The tone of his monologue seems to suggest that either something didn't work out, or he isn't happy where he is. If he does have a family, I'm pretty sure he will face temptation to get back into the crime life. Girlfriends can be an interactive part of that. If he doesn't, and just wanted one at some point, then it's all free game of course.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (CJ killed Ryder @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 20:59)
The main character describes himself as a "family man" in the trailer, suggesting that he is married and has children.

Will this take away the ability to date girlfriends? Unless he is a widow, a divorced or just unfaithful to his wife.

He didn't describe himself as a family man, hell, he didn't even say he had a family, he sayed he wanted one...but you know how it is.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (ACR @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 18:09)
Why would you need girlfriends, hookers will be in game, it's enough, use them, stab them repeatedly and retrieve your hard earned money devil.gif

Hookers have diseases.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:18)
QUOTE (ACR @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 18:09)

Hookers have diseases.

You have rubber vest for your thing and it is cheaper orly.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

mystiko69
  • mystiko69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Not Girl friends date

Edit : the guy above me right, Please no one mention rdr trailer because its diffrent game

looool

mystiko69
  • mystiko69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Break @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:29)
QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:13)
He's not married.

[Supreme]

how do you know ?

oh right your father works at rockstar

I forget sorry biggrin.gif

lmao

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

They need to kill the whole girlfriend thing or at least do not make it as important as it was in previous games, same with the friends systems it was annoying having friend call while on a mission, for some reason brucie would always call me I swear I would get at least one call a day from that guy the only reason I wud go out with a friend in GTA iV was cuz of the special thing you recieved from a friend after you got the like to 75% other then that i really didnt care

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

This should be a poll.. I want gf's in GTA V but not having to take them out and sh*t to get into their pants.. I can do that in real life just make them easy sluts in the game.. lol

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (CJ killed Ryder @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 17:04)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:01)

The guy talking in the trailer is always the main character. They would not let a side character talk in the trailer.

RDR Debut Trailer..

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Just replace girlfriends with a rape feature.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Assuming it is the protag talking (which I'll assume because it is the Norm, and yeah I know "RDR Debut trailer", so it is possible it isn't the protag) but I think that he was just talking like he wanted to settle down and such, yeah he bought the big house, but after that it sounds like his plans went three ways from no where, so no kids and such, but who knows.

I personally can care less if girl friends return, if they do I'll use the feature because in IV they had some funny conversations, though I prefered the story involved friends (like Packie) more because that gave some good back story to the people you do missions with and such.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 01:27)
Just replace girlfriends with a rape feature.

that is a horrible Idea, this will just cause controversy that R* doesnt need, do you people think at all lol

first ppl want to be able to get up in the middle of a flight while the plane is in auto pilot and shoot passengers (ie. a terrorist simulator), now you want a rape feature WTF LOL!!!

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

'Girlfriends' instead of, or as well as hookers. If you could go back in time and be Ghengis Khan, would you go for the slappers or the healthy village girls that are more than willing.....if you follow me.

Essentially, in GTA we have options.

Phrill
  • Phrill

7-8 LIONS

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

I don't think the older guy is the Protagonist. There will probably be girlfriends.

B1T8
  • B1T8

(8 BIT)

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

oh jeez dozingoff.gif

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:10 AM Edited by Eagles, 03 May 2012 - 03:12 AM.

They're just a waste of time. Like Niko's friends and Roman were in GTA IV, they're just there to call you asking to go out.
Kiki's special option never worked for me, and Carmen's special ability was stupid and I never used it (what would make me call that girl for a little health boost in the middle of a gunfight?). Friends special abilities were more useful, at least.

You're there to complete missions, kill people and steal cars, not to go out with these chicks - or even with friends -.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

I think I'm probably one of the only ones who enjoyed the friend activities. Granted I always went out drinking for the effect lol

Toniblue
  • Toniblue

Carl "CJ" Johnson: 7-8 LIONS

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Not Girl friends date

Why? It's still a R* game. And the people in R* can do what they like. Considering there "bold new direction" statement, whose to say who is who and what they are? Especially from trailer1.

Toniblue
  • Toniblue

Carl "CJ" Johnson: 7-8 LIONS

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

I'm not sure if this was brought up befor but has any one thought that mabye the old guy is the protags dad. It might work couldn't it?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 19:17)
I think I'm probably one of the only ones who enjoyed the friend activities. Granted I always went out drinking for the effect lol

I enjoyed them too, I liked the little conversations they had, gave the characters more IMO, got to know them and their story a bit more which is great seeing as R* makes some great stories, not only that drunk conversations where pretty funny at times, especially Packie's singing.

Then again Im also one of the few that liked Kate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users