Photo

Animating objects

9 replies to this topic
EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I've used Google and the search on here to try and find out how it's done but found pretty much nothing.
I'm looking to make an object rotate in the same way that the UFO outside the Li'l Probe Inn rotates, I can see that it's just rotating a subobject on the Z_axis but I've yet to figure out how it's done, I've only got one object that I need to rotate so if someone could tell me how to simply rotate the object via SCM or the anim section of the IDE I'll be happy, it'd be much appreciated, as what I thought was a simple procedure has turned into a rage generating hell-fest.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

It's just an animation applied on the object. The IFP files are located in gta3.img.

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

I got that far -.- Believe it or not there are also anims in anim.img -.-

What I'm trying to say is that I want to know how to apply the anim to the object, whether the object is placed via IPL or scm, whether the object needs defining in object.dat and suchlike.
I roughly know how it's done but I'm looking for pretty much even just a vague walkthrough or tutorial on how to make an object spin, to give you an idea it's a satelite dish, I want it to simply spin on the spot, think like how the fuel station X signs spin, that's all I'm looking for.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:22 PM Edited by fastman92, 03 May 2012 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (EvilRaptor @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 00:05)
I got that far -.- Believe it or not there are also anims in anim.img -.-

What I'm trying to say is that I want to know how to apply the anim to the object, whether the object is placed via IPL or scm, whether the object needs defining in object.dat and suchlike.
I roughly know how it's done but I'm looking for pretty much even just a vague walkthrough or tutorial on how to make an object spin, to give you an idea it's a satelite dish, I want it to simply spin on the spot, think like how the fuel station X signs spin, that's all I'm looking for.

anim.img is unused IMG archive, but: all files from anim.img exist in gta3.img.

Download IMG organizer to make anim.img used file.

Read this: http://www.gtaforums...pic=400901&st=0

However motion capture camera would give you Super Powers:
They're worth buying, if you're developer...

_DK
  • _DK

Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Actually, object animation is based on changing dummies' matrices, right? It's easy, then.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 PM Edited by Frank.s, 03 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

QUOTE (Fastman)
Read this: http://www.gtaforums...pic=400901&st=0
That is for animated actors, OP wants animated objects which are exported differently.

QUOTE (DK22Pac)
Actually, object animation is based on changing dummies' matrices, right? It's easy, then.
Care to give us a pipeline?

I'm looking for pretty much even just a vague walkthrough or tutorial on how to make an object spin
Ta-Dah. biggrin.gif
Here is an (i think) Russian animated object tutorial that jaky2008 found in a scripts.rar and he sent it to me a few months ago, it's probably made by deniska (because deniska made the animated object tools scripts necessary to export).

Could someone translate this? If the text is corrupted by posting it using English characters, i can upload the original .txt document.

QUOTE (Russian animated object help)
1. создаём модели... Настраиваем иерархию... Создаём ДУММИ и обзываем его также как
   будет назван ДФФ... ДУММИ должен стоять во главе иерархии. (рис 1)
2. Выбирием все объекты с ДУММИ и экспортим в ДФФ
3. Анимируем объекты.
4. Запускаем скрипт, выбираем только ДУММИ и жмём get hierarhy selected.
   В списке появятся все дочерние объекты... Если объект не учавствует в
   анимации ставим ему флаг EXCLUDE (красный) (рис 2)
   Если объект только вращается (без перемещения), то ставим ему флаг SKIP POS. (рис 3)

На рисунках красный - не участвует в анимации, синий - вращается вокруг своей оси,
   зелёный - ходит вверх/вниз (нужно убрать флаг SKIP POS), желтый - вращается...

5. Все жмём экспорт если надо создать файл анимации, или АППЕНД что бы дописать к
   анимациям.

6. В ИДЕ прописать объект в секции АНИМ/ЕНД так

ID, model_name , TXD_name , ANIMATION , FAR , FLAGS

Остальное как в стандартных объектах карты - ОЛ, ТХД, ИПЛ

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

_DK
  • _DK

Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Model animations in SA

Waltzing Mouse
  • Waltzing Mouse

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I personally don't know how to do it but I know that balcer did it in this mod: http://www.gtainside...=35394&orderBy=

_DK
  • _DK

Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

There is a tut before your post. And you say "idk how to it..."

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:13 PM Edited by EvilRaptor, 08 May 2012 - 11:14 AM.

Frank.s and DK22Pac, I've seen that site before, I recognised the pics, I've not seen it for years!
Thanks, that's going in my bookmarks, I guess I'll have to use Google Translate but I'm pretty good at discerning its broken englash translations.

Guys that's a great help, I dunno if it's part of the GTA Network but I reckon it should be put in the tutorials list. (Unless of course, it already is)

I'm unable to use it atm, but I'll get back to you guys to see if I can use it, looks in depth though, but to the point. Thanks again. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I tried that tutorial and ended up with the satellite dish still not spinning, however it's now really dark D:
I'm guessing the lighting change is something to do with how SA renders dynamic objects or objects in the anim section of an ide, but I'm sure I'll figure it out, I'm sure I'll figure it out, trial and error I guess will prevail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users