110 replies to this topic
Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Not sure if you guys saw this yet.

Wired details declassified documents

Recently declassified documents from the SEAL raid show how out-of-control and worried OBL was about al-Qaida's image. They point out in the article that, ironically, OBL was just as concerned about protecting the lives of innocent muslims as the US is. He emphasized that their main focus should always be killing Americans whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Some interesting points if you don't feel like reading the whole article:
-Drone attacks scare the hell out of al-Qaida operatives
-Iran and OBL never worked together. In fact, al-Qaida had issues with Iran.
-OBL frequently watched American news channels to see what was being reported. The most interesting part of this to me is that he recognized the biased news channels and focused on ones that weren't as outrageous. Here's a quote from wired:

Bin Laden wasn’t just a terrorist. He was a narcissist. Obsessed with his image, he dyed his grey beard black before filming propaganda videos. And however much he hated America, he and his deputies were positively obsessed how they came across in American media.

“We should also look for an American channel that can be close to being unbiased, such as CBS, or other channel that has political motives that make it interested in broadcasting the point of view of al- Mujahidin,” bin Laden wrote shortly before his death. “Then, we can send to the channel the material that we want the Americans to see. You can ask brother Azzam about the channel that you should send the tape to and let me know your opinion and his.”

“Brother Azzam” is bin Laden’s California-bred (and ex-metalhead) media deputy, Adam Gadahn. Gadahn tracked the press like he worked for Fishbowl DC. Fox News will “die in anger,” he predicted. CNN “seems to be in cooperation with the government more than the others.” And he fell out of love with MSNBC.

“I used to think that MSNBC channel may be good and neutral a bit,” Gadahn observed, “but is has lately fired two of the most famous journalists — Keith Olberman [sic] and Octavia Nasser [sic] the Lebanese — because they released some statements that were open for argument.” Nasr was actually fired from CNN after seeming to praise Hezbollah. (“It seems she is a Shia,” Gadahn speculated.)

Bin Laden’s U.S. media diet even got occasionally eggheaded. To refute the idea that the U.S. was on the side of the angels during the Arab Spring, bin Laden suggested reading “the RAND Center publications, especially the books ‘Civil and Democratic Islam,’ and ‘Building Moderate Muslim Networks,’” since the monographs “emphasize that the US’s interests are with secularists and reformists because they are the true allies.”

All this media obsession was meant to protect al-Qaida’s brand. But the group’s own offshoots kept trashing it. A flunky wrote to bin Laden about the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq: “They said Abu Hamzah is much more bloodthirsty and more enthusiastic about [killing], is tyrannical in his dealings with others, and has no patience for anyone who disagrees with him, etc.” Much easier to attack Fox News than rein in bloodthirsty terrorists who thought they were only following in bin Laden’s footsteps.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Dawn Of Indifference/Nuked To Ashes

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Friday, May 4 2012, 16:41)
-Iran and OBL never worked together. In fact, al-Qaida had issues with Iran.

This is likely to rile the conspiracy theorists. By "conspiracy theorists", I mean "those who think that al-Qaeda and the Taliban are one and the same".

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

This is likely to rile the conspiracy theorists. By "conspiracy theorists", I mean "those who think that al-Qaeda and the Taliban are one and the same".

Conventional wisdom would put Saddam at the top of the pyramid, as we all know Iraq and its subsidiaries, al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and the Mujaheddin were responsible for 9/11. I do believe, and this is pretty hard-hitting, that Saddam had his strings pulled by Nelson Mandela, who was angry about the 1992 LA riots seeing cops beat up black people. We must invade South Africa.

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:01 PM Edited by PrivateFirstClass, 05 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

-Iran and OBL never worked together.  In fact, al-Qaida had issues with Iran.

agreed. iran is shia and al-qaeda is sunna, shia and sunna are in conflict long time ago.

y'know that Osama bin laden wasn't responsible For 9/11?

nope, bin laden and al-qaeda did not do 9/11, it was an israel, mossad & cia operation

btw, al-qaeda was created by CIA
Hillary Clinton : We created Al-Qaeda

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Oh god here we go again...

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:01)
-Iran and OBL never worked together.  In fact, al-Qaida had issues with Iran.

agreed. iran is shia and al-qaeda is sunna, shia and sunna are in conflict long time ago.

y'know that Osama bin laden wasn't responsible For 9/11?

nope, bin laden and al-qaeda did not do 9/11, it was an israel, mossad & cia operation

I disagree, refer to my by above post and disprove my logic.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 22:01)

It sort of was al-Qaeda, though- and if you actually knew any history, you'd also know it wasn't the first time they'd tried to hit that very target. That's why there's absolutely no proof to suggest that Mossad or the CIA had any involvement, and quite literally f*ck-tonnes of it that proves quite definitively that Q did. The worst role that the US played in the attack was willful ignorance brought on by groupthink mentality and petty squabbling between domestic and foreign intelligence agencies. And, tell me, exactly how would the intelligence services of these countries pull of such a massive strategic coup without the (admittedly in the case of many European ones considerably "better") foreign intelligence agencies elsewhere from identifying what they did?

And, pressingly, exactly what would have been the strategic value for either Israel or the US in doing so? Until you can quantify this kind of statement with a rationale (let lone some actual evidence) it's just senseless dross.

QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 22:01)

The editor of that video is an absolute moron. Hillary Clinton is referring to the Taliban (and not entirely accurately either, the US funding of the Mujahideen didn't create the Taliban but it certainly helped their faction victor over more moderate forces in the ensuing civil war). She makes absolutely no reference to AQ in the entirety of that video. It's clear she's talking about funding the Mujahideen because of the references to the conflict with the Soviet Union. But, what both you and the numpty who posted that on YouTube also fail to understand is that al-Qaeda (or at least, the fledgling violent Takfiri group set up by OBL during the late 1970s) actually predates the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. So, unless Ronald Reagan possessed a time machine, he wouldn't have been able to "create" al-Qaeda as it had already been created before the events that Hillary Clinton references in that video.

I find the amount of mutual masturbation and arse-licking on the comments section highly amusing given the fact that not one single poster appears to have noticed this very fundamental flaw in the entire argument.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I found this particular comment on that video pretty funny:

WAKE UP PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD ! THIS EVIL WANT TO DESTROY THE WHOLE WORLD ! THEY DO EVERYTHING FOR MONEY ! WAKE UP BEFORE IT IS TO LATE ! AFTER SYRIA AND IRAN,THEY WILL CONTINUE THE WAR ! NEXT IS EGYPT,TURKEY,PAKISTAN, SAUDI-ARAB, GOLF STATES, WHOLE MIDLE EAST ,CENTRAL ASIA, AFRIKA, SOUTH AMERICA...

Why didn't the US invade the golf states? Because there was already a hole-in-one. Badum dum tsss. Thankyou, I'm here all night.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I do find it utterly bewildering that people who are so idiotic as to be unable to use punctuation or spell two-syllable words, seem to have such an impressive and deep knowledge of complex geopolitical conspiracies that are so vast and so well-disguised that only a select handful of people know of their existence. The same goes for our good friend PrivateFirstClass here. How is it you know that Mossad (who, lets remember, only have around 800 employees working on intelligence-related activity) somehow planned and perpetrated 9/11 (not quite sure how, as no-one has explained this to me yet), but don't know what a capital letter is?

I can only assume that the extended periodic leaves of absence you have from the forum are enforced by your nurse taking you away from the keyboard you've been furiously mashing, giving your your meds and sending you back to your padded cell with some crayons to play with instead.

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Nelson Mandella did 9/11

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 10:15)
Why didn't the US invade the golf states? Because there was already a hole-in-one. Badum dum tsss. Thankyou, I'm here all night.

I don't think so... Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida they already are enough trouble with those illegals.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 20:17)
QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 10:15)

I don't think so... Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida they already are enough trouble with those illegals.

That is, without a shadow or question of a doubt, the funniest post of yours I've ever read. Kudos, that really did make me laugh. icon14.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

So I'm just going to admit it now, I didn't get either of the jokes.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

I still can't believe he misspelled his name like he was just some random terrorist that no one knew about.

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Can someone explain the joke?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Monday, May 7 2012, 01:18)

Which one, the first or the second?
The first one was the mis-spelling of "gulf states" as "golf states" on one of the YouTube comments, hence the hole-in one pun.
The second was a mildly racist play on the US "gulf states" rather than the Arab ones. It's much less funny in the morning, but I was much more drunk last night.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, May 7 2012, 09:32)
QUOTE (Irviding @ Monday, May 7 2012, 01:18)

[...]
The second was a mildly racist play on the US "gulf states" rather than the Arab ones. It's much less funny in the morning, but I was much more drunk last night.

Racist? How do you get Racist?
It's a simple comment the "the Gulf States" are those states in the U. S. Try GOOGLE/BING.
To have to explain a simply amusing word pun isn't worth the trouble. They're worth a smile the first saying and not repeating.
Especially when it appears the person is being comically 'dense'.
Racist... ? How?
Oh... you're stretching the comment about illegals, which are unlawful invaders?

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Unlawful invaders?

I regret I asked for the explanations.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Monday, May 7 2012, 13:32)
Unlawful invaders?

I regret I asked for the explanations.

I regret giving one.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

By the way, "Central America" does not include Kansas and Nebraska smile.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 7 2012, 15:26)
By the way, "Central America" does not include Kansas and Nebraska smile.gif

...Thanks for that. Not sure how it relates to the topic, or to anything anyone said in this topic or any other, but thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users