Bin Ladin

110 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

One of Obama's claimed coup as President, some say, well more recently coming to light about the Terror leader who alluded capture so long, since his demise, this thread will capture what the anniversary of such an event means to you

http://openchannel.m...n-al-qaida?lite

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

You could at least spell his name right dude! Laden not Ladin.

The anniversary doesn't mean a whole lot to me. One thing I did find pretty cringe worthy was when it was announced and you had people chanting "USA USA USA", it just seemed a bit bizarre and weird.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

If his lurid, ignoble death proved anything it was the ultimate hypocrisy of demagogues such as himself.

Bin Laden exploited the anger and sense of displacement of thousands of young Muslims. These were desperate people, often with no prospects and no hope. And he was their leader, he portrayed himself as a man of piety, a man of humility and righteousness.

And yet at the end he was nothing more than a maddened hermit, living in opulence. A man who did not welcome death, as he often implored others to do, but rather hid behind a woman in a pathetic scramble for a few more seconds of life.

He was a nobody. A laughable charlatan. And his death reflected that.

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

You guys still actually still believe that Bin Laden was the real deal, pfffttt.

Everyone knows that Bin Laden was a puppet.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

'Merica F*CK YEAH!

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 19:44)

Actually the guys name was Usama ibn Ladin. So slamman is correct here.
Because we still dont know for sure if they captured the guy, cause we havent seen any pictures of the corpses and he was only one man, i think celebrating or whatever isnt really necessery.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 20:06)
QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 19:44)

Actually the guys name was Usama ibn Ladin. So slamman is correct here.
Because we still dont know for sure if they captured the guy, cause we havent seen any pictures of the corpses and he was only one man, i think celebrating or whatever isnt really necessery.

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden.

And the 1 year anniversary is tomorrow btw.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (omgz153 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 20:57)
Everyone knows that Bin Laden was a puppet.

Wrong Despot wink.gif

user posted image

Anyway why should we "celebrate" this, he's gone... Good.

He gave Muslims and Islam a bad name around the world, now he's gone lets move on and try and get one with one another.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

I never cared either way. They way those people work is when "ones" gone he's "replaced" like a never ending cycle.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 12:33)
One of Obama's claimed coup as President,

lol what?

I'm pretty sure that killing bin Laden doesn't count as a coup...
do you know what coup means?

Mr.Funny12
  • Mr.Funny12

Just keep swimming...

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

I see it as a day that could be remembered. A tyrant was slayed, so I seems legit enough. Obviously America isn't in the middle east for him but if this is even true then good. They say it's classified and never show any real hard hitting evidence but I really don't think they would lie about something this big.

Would would we call this holiday anyways?

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Viva la Revolution!

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 20:48)
QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 12:33)
One of Obama's claimed coup as President,

lol what?

I'm pretty sure that killing bin Laden doesn't count as a coup...
do you know what coup means?

Not as in a coup d'état, but a coup like a triumph. Makes perfect sense.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

but "coup" in that sense means an unexpected or sudden/surprise accomplishment.
by extension it is sometimes used to mean a reckless act.

I don't think any of this describes how the bin Laden raid went down.
the only person who was caught off guard by the assassination was Osama himself tounge2.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 16:52)
Viva la Revolution!

*Vive la Revolution!

Why does the US celebrate people like Martin Luther King, Gandhi, and The United Nations, and turn around and cheer for the death of people long after they've died?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 15:35)
Why does the US celebrate people like Martin Luther King, Gandhi, and The United Nations, and turn around and cheer for the death of people long after they've died?

you realize this is a stupid question.

I won't speak to the UN... but MLK and Gandhi were worth celebrating.
bin Laden was horrible person whose death was welcomed by everyone other than perhaps his own family.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Assassination by Government
Targeted killing
Government by Assassination

Getting justice by killing the ‘wanted’ person(s) saves the Tax Payers a ton of money by avoiding the ‘necessity’ of an expensive and difficult trial. Who would complain about that? We’ve heard the non-sense of ‘Nobody should be the Judge, Jury and Executioner”. How silly that seems in this modern world where we need quick, quiet justice.
monocle.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 18:38)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 15:35)

you realize this is a stupid question.

I won't speak to the UN... but MLK and Gandhi were worth celebrating.
bin Laden was horrible person whose death was welcomed by everyone other than perhaps his own family.

Yeah, but if we're to celebrate people who were all for peace, why should we be celebrating anyone's death? Yeah, great job Obama administration, you killed an infamous pop culture killer, and now the people of the world treat it like the celebration of something great. No matter how many people died due to his terrorist attacks and other assorted mischief did killing him make all the terribleness of post-9/11 America go away? It didn't. This isn't an anniversary to cheer for, this just shows that we're animal enough to celebrate the death of somebody as if we made the world better.

It's great that he's not living, it's just not great to cheer over.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 15:48)
Yeah, but if we're to celebrate people who were all for peace, why should we be celebrating anyone's death? Yeah, great job Obama administration, you killed an infamous pop culture killer, and now the people of the world treat it like the celebration of something great.

can you really blame people for celebrating the long-overdue demise of scumbag, mass murderer?
it's pretty natural I think, fairly healthy in a lot of ways, and doesn't really say anything about the people who choose to celebrate it. it's their right, after all.
did killing him make all the terribleness of post-9/11 America go away? It didn't.

that's not the point though, is it?

bringing someone to justice doesn't mean reversing what was done.
it's simply the principle of the matter; the victims and their families and most of the country demanded justice. and they finally got it.

this just shows that we're animal enough to celebrate something that changed nothing.

again, celebrating bin Laden's death does not make someone an animal or immature or anything else for that matter.
it's a perfectly acceptable and expected reaction.

his death doesn't bring anyone back, it doesn't rebuild the towers.
but no one ever thought it would. that's not why people celebrate.

and his death does change something; it significantly changes the resolve of what's left of his organization and any potential recruits.
there's a reason we cremated his body and pushed the remains off the edge of a boat into the middle of the ocean. he was an iconic figure to his cause and his being alive/eluding capture was a huge propaganda tool.

now they can no longer use him as a symbol of strength.
at best they can try to make him into a martyr.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:34 PM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 01 May 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Slammin why make fun of my poor grammer when you can't even spell bin laden ? You're such a tool mate LOL

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

get freaky... not that freaky

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

i think we should just stop keeping him in our minds. he needs to be forgotten.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Damn you Slamman, it is Bin Laden!

FFS...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'd say that the spelling of any Arabic name is up for grabs or for that matter any language that doesn’t use Roman Letters. You can spell it anyway that it sounds to you. Unless of course the U.N. sets up an Official spelling.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (ZDANZ96 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 23:41)
Damn you Slamman, it is Bin Laden!

FFS...

I figured I typed it wrong, due to moving from the open link to GTAF on my browser, I was just glad I didn't type it "Obama Bin Laden

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 23:41)
I'd say that the spelling of any Arabic name is up for grabs or for that matter any language that doesn’t use Roman Letters. You can spell it anyway that it sounds to you. Unless of course the U.N. sets up an Official spelling.

It's bad enough. This guy is even nominated for the most respected poster of the year award, Now mods are defending his spelling mistakes. WTF !

This guy is the biggest asshole i've met on these forums. He ran his mouth to me about how great he is and how he NEVER makes grammer/spelling mistake's. Yet here he is making a spelling mistake ( Thus making himself a huge hypocrite in the process ) and you try and defend him why ?

Did he donate money to this site or something ?

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

How dare you insult slamman! I guess his swagger is too much for you tounge2.gif

Icarus
  • Icarus

Orthonormal

• The Connection

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 18:06)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 23:41)
I'd say that the spelling of any Arabic  name is up for grabs or for that matter any language that doesn’t use Roman Letters. You can spell it anyway that it sounds to you. Unless of course the U.N. sets up an Official spelling.

It's bad enough. This guy is even nominated for the most respected poster of the year award, Now mods are defending his spelling mistakes. WTF !

This guy is the biggest asshole i've met on these forums. He ran his mouth to me about how great he is and how he NEVER makes grammer/spelling mistake's. Yet here he is making a spelling mistake ( Thus making himself a huge hypocrite in the process ) and you try and defend him why ?

Did he donate money to this site or something ?

Newsflash: no one cares. Jesus Christ.

With respect to the topic, I know some people might be sensitive to the idea of celebrating the death of someone, but at the same time, I really can't blame people for doing so. I think in the end, his death provided some form of closure to people.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 17:40)
Assassination by Government
Targeted killing

Getting justice by killing the ‘wanted’ person(s) saves the Tax Payers a ton of money by avoiding the ‘necessity’ of an expensive and difficult trial. Who would complain about that? We’ve heard the non-sense of ‘Nobody should be the Judge, Jury and Executioner”. How silly that seems in this modern world where we need quick, quiet justice.
monocle.gif

Not sure what this tirade is about, but the operational objective was not to assassinate him, it was to capture him. He ended up dying because he tried to defend himself.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

^ LOL. I've had a fued with Rush and Rawlin i'm pretty sure i can handle an old ass man like slammin.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

^ LOL. I've had a fued with Rush and Rawlin i'm pretty sure i can handle an old ass man like slammin.

Can you stop now? You obviously haven't been here long enough to understand Slamman, and you're just pissing off everyone else in the topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users