Quantcast

» «
Photo

Weird glitch occured with helicopter controls...

6 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

So I'm trying to do the Air Rescue missions, was on the fifth mission, which is of course, a checkpoint as soon as I beat it. However, my helipcer hit the side of the building and suddenly, my controls went haywire. I had to move the stick southwest to get the copter to go forward becase it was stuck on a tilted position that if I held the stick forward, it would only move sideways and tilted. It was very annoying and cost me the mission, so now I have to start all over.

However, it did not stop there. I went back into a new helicopter and it was doing the same thing. I quit for the night, so hopefully when I reload it in a bit it will be fine, but this was frustrating. Has this happened to anyone else?

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

Wow, this game is really full of glitches. Out of nowhere I could not get any vehicles to appear on the street for almost the entire day. I even got 6 stars of a wanted level so I could get a tank, and all of the cops came to me on foot. There was not a single police car on the street at all, even during the mission when you have to blow up the radio towers. wow.gif

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

1. We have an Edit button for a reason.
2. Welcome to the GTA3 series, which is full of bizarre physics and overall weirdness to those who are not acquainted with it.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

The GTA 3 era games by themselves are not bad, it's just Vice City Stories that has a lot of glitches and physics problems. I love Vice City Stories, but I (and any other sensible VCS fan) will admit that it has a ton of glitches. It's why VCS is usually thought of as the worst 3D GTA game. However, I've played both the PSP and PS2 versions extensively, and I believe that you are less likely to experience glitches and frustration on the PS2 version.

Some of the glitches were fixed when the game was ported, and some of them are just negated since you have more control over the game with the double analog sticks for camera aim, and the R2/L2 buttons for switching between targets, for example.

I've experienced the glitch with no cars on the street quite a few times, mostly on the PSP version. I assume that's what you are playing. It always creeped me out as well. Sometimes the game would get very foggy or dark, and everyone and every vehicle would disappear... never figured it out, but probably just the PSP running out of memory and locking the game into an empty cycle or something.

Helicopters are real hard to control on the PSP. I've played GTA games on many platforms (PS2, Xbox 360, GBA, Nintendo DS, PC) and I've always found the PS2 controller to be the very best controller for piloting helicopters. That being said, while you probably know that this isn't your problem, my right shoulder button on my PSP was always getting stuck down, so it would crash my helicopters and stop my cars, and I had to pause the game and get it "unstuck" tounge.gif . Was it raining when the helicopters messed up like this? I don't remember what direction it was in, but whenever there was a storm, the "winds" would always push helicopters in one direction and make them hard to fly.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nope, I'm playing it on the PS2. I got rid of the PSP version the moment they announced a PS2 port because I could not stand the lack of a second analog stick.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Oh, my mistake then. The glitches can still happen in the PS2 version. Hopefully as of now you've gotten around them?

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Monday, May 14 2012, 02:30)
Oh, my mistake then. The glitches can still happen in the PS2 version. Hopefully as of now you've gotten around them?

Oh, I beat the game a few days later so I'm good. I did not get 100%, I got 93.2%, but that is okay, I cannot fly planes for crap, so I had no reason to bother with the helicopter missions when there was no way I was going to beat the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users