what was your least favorite gta 4 feature

58 replies to this topic
SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 09:38)
I didn't care for the Save & auto save. I liked the eight slots of the SA.

What was wrong with auto-save?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 04:08)

I thought you didn't have GTA 4 as I don't see you much active here. sigh.gif

@Miami: The Auto-Save slot saves the game with the same state of Niko. If he has low armor or health, he needs to go and collect them before he goes for any shooting mission. That is a pain in the ass. But, it consumes our traveling which itself is good for those who want to complete the game before 30hrs and earn the 'Liberty City Minute' achievement. Though, I keep it off because I like to save the game on Save Slot 1. smile.gif

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Activities, they should have made them optional.

I miss in the old gtas when you cause chaos.not only would the police chopper come but so would the news helicopter.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

loved a lot the procobj and roadside things , objets that spawn randomly in the city . looks like a real city user posted image

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 16:38)
You can actually do taxi missions in GTA IV if you are not aware of this. Once you hang out with Roman a number of times and get into his good books, he offers you the chance to make some cash early in the game by working for him doing taxi jobs, just like you could in previous GTAs like Vice City. All you have to do his use your cellphone, got to 'Contacts' and under Roman press 'Job'.

Very true - but after a certain point they are removed and you cannot do them again. It was removed features like this that narked me about GTA IV rather than the features themselves.

oglevempire
  • oglevempire

Knowledge Holder

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yup. A lot of people said that and I completely agree - The Activities. They just suck, you know? I get that the game tries to remain realistic, and the fact that Niko and he cousin are actually cousins, and they hang out together - but I really didn't like to actually hang around with him. At some points, I just felt obliged to approve Roman's request because Niko's respect level just dropped down whatsthat.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Sunday, Jun 3 2012, 13:04)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 16:38)
You can actually do taxi missions in GTA IV if you are not aware of this. Once you hang out with Roman a number of times and get into his good books, he offers you the chance to make some cash early in the game by working for him doing taxi jobs, just like you could in previous GTAs like Vice City. All you have to do his use your cellphone, got to 'Contacts' and under Roman press 'Job'.

Very true - but after a certain point they are removed and you cannot do them again. It was removed features like this that narked me about GTA IV rather than the features themselves.

@ Paddster

Yeah I agree with you there, that was another thing I did not like about GTA IV. I really disliked the fact that the side missions all ended permanently at some point. The same thing also happened with Brucie's car thefts and Little Jacob's drug delivery missions, I was annoyed that they stopped after a certain number of them had been completed - Rockstar could have made them infinite, and it would have provided great replay value.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 09:24)

@Miami: The Auto-Save slot saves the game with the same state of Niko. If he has low armor or health, he needs to go and collect them before he goes for any shooting mission. That is a pain in the ass. But, it consumes our traveling which itself is good for those who want to complete the game before 30hrs and earn the 'Liberty City Minute' achievement. Though, I keep it off because I like to save the game on Save Slot 1. smile.gif

Auto-save doesn't use the same slots as manual save so I use both. The game will load the most recent when you start it. Auto-save is better than nothing if I'm interrupted without saving manually.

Alpheus
  • Alpheus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

I miss being able to carry absolutely ludracrious amounts of ammo, like having 200 rpg rounds and 500 grenades. I mean being able to carry 8 weapons at once is already wildly unreal, so why not for 100% with the insanity? Also the mini-gun, I hope they bring that back.

One subtle thing I really liked about it was they way they gave more varied lines to the cops when they're after you. They kind of amped up the noir angle and amped down the totally ludacrious angle. I think the next one instead of trading one for the other they should put both on full throttle.

iPhaze
  • iPhaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I have to say that Roman was my only headache with the game. I hated everything about that bastard...

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law, and the law lost.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

The wanted level

The new system is pretty good, imo, but as your wanted level increases the only new thing that will show up are the fib or noose teams.

Like, in EFLC, at a 6 star wanted level they should defenitely use the NOOSE APC every now and than and the annihilators should use their miniguns as well like in some of the missions. After you unlocked all the island, the pieces of concrete in front of roadblocks were removed as well which I found rather stupid. NOOSE teams should have better accuaracy and NOOSE cruisers and patriots still should show up at a 6 star wanted level.

The FIB should only come at a 6 star wanted level and not already at 4. And at 6, they shouldn't replace the NOOSE but show up with NOOSE as well. I played GTA IV for a pretty long time now and I only had like 3 or 4 times that NOOSE and FIB were after me at the same time, with than one of them not spawning anymore.

The new weapons NOOSE and FIB uses in TBOGT were good, a nice advantage, especially the Advanced MG and the AA12 automatic shotgun. I only didn't like that the cops used the Advanced MG already at a 3 star wanted level in TBOGT.

And 3 or 4 helicopters, instead of 2, at a 6 star wanted level defenitly aren't forbidden imo. I did once had 4 annihilators chasing me, because I gained a 1 star wanted level and there were to annihilators in the area patrolling. And when I reached 5 stars 2 more showed up.

Other tactics like spike strips and cops being more agressive should also be used. Cops shooting out of their cars should only happen at a 6 star wanted level.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

The pigeons. I've hated all collectables in every game. Ever. F*ck that tedious, repetitive, useless SH*T. Even the f*cking plant collecting in Red Dead Redemption was sh*ttier than an IBS victim's toilet bowl.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Poor response of the fire fighters and ambulances, along with Roman's frequent requests to engage in activities.

I think Rockstar did a great job on the police response system though.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I have one feature I hate. Fire trucks. In San Andreas, the FDLS or LV or SF responded to fires, in GTA 4 they just sit there and look pretty at the stations and when you call them and they stop with a fire in their sight they act as if it was a prank. It's useless.

I also hated the camera. In San Andreas I loved the camera, you could take nice pictures. In GTA 4 you have it, but it's barely visible and you can't see the photos you take as they aren't actually taken. I would love it if they brought a camera back in GTA V so you could take some nice pictures.

Off topic: I loved the cell phone. And gosh people, have you even bothered to go to OPTIONS on your phone and disable calls? Haha, it's really useful when you're tired of Roman asking to go bowling or stuff. I love the phone because it has my cheats.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Cuddly Lynx

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

I HATED how that when you entered the airport,you got a 4 star wanted level! Also,there could of been more interactive Internet sites...

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

The win/leave a game/kicking system in GTA IV multiplayer.
It was ridiculous. People don't get how to kick an afk host, also, people who will obviously lose a race leave so the #1 driver gets only a small reward and no counted win.

I'm guilty in that case, too. I left races where I was dragging behind way too far. But at least the driver who already hit the finish line should have got a listed win.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Cuddly Lynx

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Another thing that I absolutely cannot stand is the six axis tutorial on the PS3.Why?Because the cheat option is right above it on the phone.Which mean that about 35% of the time, I hit the tutorial instead of cheats and am sent to the airport losing what ever vechical I had and losing my position on the map. angry.gif

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I don't have a least favorite feature, actually the thing that bothers me about IV is the lack of actual features, i mean the ones that we had were nice but not enough.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (tommyv2468 @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 03:12)
Another thing that I absolutely cannot stand is the six axis tutorial on the PS3.Why?Because the cheat option is right above it on the phone.Which mean that about 35% of the time, I hit the tutorial instead of cheats and am sent to the airport losing what ever vechical I had and losing my position on the map. angry.gif

Oh my freakin' god I HATED that. You don't know how bad I pressed that. Since TBOGT didn't have it but I decided to play my GTA 4 again, I went back, found an Oracle I tried so hard to get, try to get cheats and boom I hit Sixasis. That was the most annoying sh*t in the world.

codams
  • codams

I'm a Boss

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:34 PM Edited by codams, 01 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

IMO the wanted system was good right up until I saw the radar thing. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I also hated the:

*Ringing phone* Hey cousin. Lets go bowling *I hang up usually*

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Linki @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 21:43)
The pigeons. I've hated all collectables in every game. Ever. F*ck that tedious, repetitive, useless SH*T. Even the f*cking plant collecting in Red Dead Redemption was sh*ttier than an IBS victim's toilet bowl.

I didn't think the plants in RDR were that bad. Atleast they showed up on the map. I personally dislike collecting things in GTA games using a map from a guide or whatever as you can still overlook it.

The plants in RDR were no where near as tedious.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 02:41)
QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 09:24)

Auto-save doesn't use the same slots as manual save so I use both. The game will load the most recent when you start it. Auto-save is better than nothing if I'm interrupted without saving manually.

Wow. I never thought of the Auto-Save as a "just in case you forget, or can't save manually" type of thing. I always thought it felt out of place in a sandbox game, but this makes a whole lot more sense.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

i'm so used to joy to key prog that i almost forgot an extremely important thing . if you don't know joy to key , you simply and purely get stuck playing like a rat with your keyboard smile.gif . playing an action game with the keyboard is to me something i just can't conceive and understand . so in next sequels R* should think of including a joypad emulator (joy to key like) .

Turbojohn
  • Turbojohn

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

I had being limited to ammu (only 8 rockets FFS) I can understand in PVP but not in SP...

And dates and going bowling, that sh*t is annoying, it was annoying in SA, and it is annoying in IV too, I HOPE GTA V doesn't have that crap.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

I didn't like the Internet cafes and darts thing. dozingoff.gif barf8bd.gif

Wu Kenny Lee
  • Wu Kenny Lee

Fly By Night

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (ZoomZoom @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 14:51)
I didn't like the Internet cafes and darts thing. dozingoff.gif barf8bd.gif

It's not like you have to get in there if you don't want to, except for like 2-3 missions.
And no one in the game forces you to play darts, either.

The only thing I really hated was the flashy radar when you gain a wanted level.

It not only causes epilectic seizures, it's also nearly impossible to spot the small dots that should resemble the police units on the radar without a microscope.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Wu Kenny Lee @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 15:23)
I didn't like the Internet cafes and darts thing.  dozingoff.gif  barf8bd.gif

It's not like you have to get in there if you don't want to, except for like 2-3 missions.

The only thing I really hated was the flashy radar when you gain a wanted level.

It not only causes epilectic seizures, it's also nearly impossible to spot the small dots that should resemble the police units on the radar without a microscope.

Stop playing on a 9" TV.

*~CNR4806~*
  • *~CNR4806~*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 21:43)
i'm so used to joy to key prog that i almost forgot an extremely important thing . if you don't know joy to key , you simply and purely get stuck playing like a rat with your keyboard smile.gif . playing an action game with the keyboard is to me something i just can't conceive and understand . so in next sequels R* should think of including a joypad emulator (joy to key like) .

Just like I don't understand people playing a shooting game with a god damn joypad and autoaim. yawn.gif

Anyway, the dating/friendship system really needs a nuke on its head, both SA and IV version. It's simply way too annoying. I mean if I want to play a game with decaying relatioonships, I would get THE SIMS, not GTA.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Wu Kenny Lee @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 09:23)
I didn't like the Internet cafes and darts thing.  dozingoff.gif  barf8bd.gif

Really, it's not hard to spot cops on the radar, and I don't even have glasses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users