Photo

what was your least favorite gta 4 feature

58 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

my least favorite gta 4 feature was the cell phone (it seemed to go off every five minutes).
i certainly hope they don't have it in gta 5. sad.gif
but if they do i'll still play gta 5 when it comes out. lol.gif

Callum
  • Callum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

The multiplayer gameplay. GTA should look into implanting the sort of thing multiplayer mods have been adding for the last decade.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

My least favorite feature was probably the wanted system. Somehow, I didn't thought it was a success and the system was annoying sometimes. I don't know if anyone else agree though. But I liked the old wanted system or the one they used in Chinatown Wars. In Chinatown Wars you crash into the police cars to lose wanted stars which was quite funny although not very realistic. It looks like newer games want things to be more realistic so it wouldn't suprise me if they continue with the new wanted system.

The cell phone was okay I guess but it's not a perfect feature if you have a bad eyesight. I could barely see the text when I played the game before. Fortunately I have better glasses now so that might only have been a temporary problem.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

I didn't mind the cell phone or the wanted level system. IMO, it led to some smarter game play by me.

I can see how the cell phones can get annoying especially if you have girlfriends.

I didn't like that you couldn't drive the yellow cabs as a taxi driver, be a paramedic and be a firefighter. All of that has been part of every 3D GTA game, and it was kinda disappointing that they took it out.

Back on topic, I didn't like the parking spaces. Although it was a realistic feature, I didn't like it that sometimes your car would be gone, but I guess that's another realistic part of living in a city. I didn't like to commit crimes near my safehouses in fear that the police would steal my cars to chase me.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 17:19)
My least favorite feature was probably the wanted system. Somehow, I didn't thought it was a success and the system was annoying sometimes. I don't know if anyone else agree though. But I liked the old wanted system or the one they used in Chinatown Wars. In Chinatown Wars you crash into the police cars to lose wanted stars which was quite funny although not very realistic. It looks like newer games want things to be more realistic so it wouldn't suprise me if they continue with the new wanted system.

The cell phone was okay I guess but it's not a perfect feature if you have a bad eyesight. I could barely see the text when I played the game before. Fortunately I have better glasses now so that might only have been a temporary problem.

I don't agree about the wanted sysytem. The old games made it way too easy IMO. Even on a 6 star wanted level if you were lucky enough it was as easy going to the nearest Pay & Spray and you're done.

I like in GTA IV you can't use Pay & Sprays to evade cops if they see you use them.

Overall I think R* overhauled the wanted system almost perfectly. I'd never go back to what it used to be.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (hugh750 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 04:09)
my least favorite gta 4 feature was the cell phone (it seemed to go off every five minutes).
i certainly hope they don't have it in gta 5. sad.gif
but if they do i'll still play gta 5 when it comes out. lol.gif

There'll be Ipods in GTA V I think.

mortal_soldier
  • mortal_soldier

Hay guys!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

I think the cover system was kind of badly balanced. You can blind fire as accurately as you can while aiming, almost. If you manage to find a spot where the A.I has no way to flank you, you are by all practical means invincible so long as you have ammunition. Of course you can't really escape from a spot like that easily either, so I guess that kind of balances it out.

But I liked the old wanted system or the one they used in Chinatown Wars.

Honestly, I think the new wanted system is more forgiving and fair. In past GTA titles the police didn't even feel human. It was like you were being pursued by some kind of faceless army of terminators with the sole directive to search and destroy. It seemed as though the game would just conjure police cars from thin air behind every street corner, and in certain places it felt like police was practically raining from the sky (Mt. Chiliad, anyone?). At least in GTAIV the police always appear off radar, and you have a chance at evading them.

Only thing I actually find "broken" about the new system is that hiding from the police is not really an option because some kind of black magic will guide them to your location even if no one saw you going there. Not as bad as it was in past GTA titles still, because in III/VICE/SA the game would just conjure more cops to your present location, no matter if you are in the middle of the desert or a big city, and they always knew your exact location by default.

Also, I can second the phone being annoying. It's a good feature, but the friend system was way overdone and too invasive. I still like the phone for its other functions, like calling 911 and Zit. I think they should definitely keep it, and expand on its functions, and maybe make the in-game friends less demanding. It's still supposed to be GTA and not freakin' Sims.

CajunSnipes
  • CajunSnipes

That guy with the AK

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

THE FRIENDSHIP SYSTEM!

Now, I have different reasons for disliking it. I don't find the idea annoying. I actually find it quite interesting and enjoyable.

THAT SAID, It needs a major overhaul.

1.For starters, like others have said, it should be less demanding. Friends shouldn't call you, nor should it be a status. It should be like in EFLC where it was just a fun minigame and they don't call you. It's fine like that.
Or better yet, once you make a new friend, your relationship status starts off at a fixed percentage. The more activities you do, the higher it goes. Like the girlfriends in San Andreas. I liked them there because they weren't f*cking annoying. They called you occasionally, but not too much.

2. Better activities. Bowling and Darts are cool, but they shouldn't be the only option. We should have different activities with different friends. With our criminal friends, we should be able to do criminal activities, such as robberies. Something that's actuallly fun, and not mind-numbing.

That's basically it.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

I actually thought the bowling, darts, and pool was a pretty good idea. It's a refreshing break from all the missions where you have to kill kill kill, rob this, jack that.

The only thing I was disappointed with is when you're going to eat or drink. All that happens is you drive up to the marker, the screen goes black for a sec and you can drive back. Where's the fun in that?

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

While I liked the multiplayer, I didn't like the fact that people could choose what teams they were in. A good idea in principle, but in actuality it led to incredibly unfair teams, like 8 players to 2.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 10:05)
While I liked the multiplayer, I didn't like the fact that people could choose what teams they were in. A good idea in principle, but in actuality it led to incredibly unfair teams, like 8 players to 2.

Yeah it's very annoying, especially if you're a high rank then everyone wants to be on your team

Scars
  • Scars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 06:19)
I could barely see the text when I played the game before. Fortunately I have better glasses now so that might only have been a temporary problem.

You probably had bad screen resolution, i used to have same problem.

I didn't like those too active cops, every time i was trying to get my hands on some car they showd up and started pointing me with gun! This is a "Grand Theft Auto" after all, i wanna steal some cars without getting cops on my a$$ all the time.

PINKbubblegum
  • PINKbubblegum

YELLOW CARRRRRRR!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

user posted image suicidal.gif

IPOOPonUCLA
  • IPOOPonUCLA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Lack of cheats.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

We couldn't stand on wheels. Yeah, I know - realism but fun doesn't needs realism.

The wanted system was poor. The cars will spawn anywhere and we would be in trouble. suicidal.gif

Others features are fine.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

I didn't like the activities.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:24 AM Edited by UberChargedCJ, 19 May 2012 - 06:43 AM.

trophies multiplayer free roam etc

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

i miss the safehouses garages a bit . the thing i don't like in GTA is the cellphone that rings too often . the cellphone is a good idea but when ringing each 10s it's pretty annoying . there should be more ringtones too and more options , more themes etc . i would have been able to dive into water too with Niko . not necessary when you have NY dark water but it becomes soon a lack when you start making a tropical mod , like i'm doing myself confused.gif

UnderTaker1973
  • UnderTaker1973

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Cell Phone gets my vote. Trying to read text messages on that little phone screen is a challenge...especially when i'm driving. If a phone is used in GTA 5 make the screen bigger like current cell phones have.

It's not in GTA 4 but God for bid give us check points in the new game!

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:11 PM Edited by Official General, 26 May 2012 - 04:13 PM.

I did not like the shooting pigeons and seagulls activities. What was that about ? Shooting birds just because I want points or achievements or whatever, no that was boring. I thought they were pretty much pointless and a waste of resources. I could think of much better, fun and interesting ideas that could have replaced them.

I agree with Miami, the new police system for most part was actually quite good, it was much better than in the previous GTAs. In the previous GTAs, it was quite easy to escape from police once you knew the locations of the Pay'n'Spray off the top of your head, along with the bribe system too. However, I did not like the way that the police in IV could magically somehow could find you, even though they or nobody else saw you commit a crime, or even though you clearly ran into an area where the police did not see you go. That was quite annoying and a bit unrealistic.

Other than that, I liked most of IV's features, it was really more a case of certain features that were missing in GTA IV that bothered me, rather than which ones I did not like.

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 16:11)
Other than that, I liked most of IV's features, it was really more a case of certain features that were missing in GTA IV that bothered me, rather than which ones I did not like.

I agree with this, and like someone said above I miss the taxi missions, it was a nice way to chill IMO and get up to something a little less criminal once in a while tounge.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

You can actually do taxi missions in GTA IV if you are not aware of this. Once you hang out with Roman a number of times and get into his good books, he offers you the chance to make some cash early in the game by working for him doing taxi jobs, just like you could in previous GTAs like Vice City. All you have to do his use your cellphone, got to 'Contacts' and under Roman press 'Job'.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 17:11)
I did not like the shooting pigeons and seagulls activities. What was that about ?..

... However, I did not like the way that the police in IV could magically somehow could find you, even though they or nobody else saw you commit a crime, or even though you clearly ran into an area where the police did not see you go. That was quite annoying and a bit unrealistic.

i agree with the birds thing GTA is violent enought let's keep the animals out of that colgate.gif .

i think you're a bit misunderstood . chickens never find you "magically" , when they suddenly go inbound to you , it's that their helo spotted you . and remember you can run but you canno't hide lol.gif

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 10:11)
I did not like the shooting pigeons and seagulls activities. What was that about ?

They're collectibles, intended to give you a reward for exploring the open-world map. Compared to the hidden packages that you simply picked up in previous GTAs, having something to shoot (which might cause a wanted level) was a step up.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 17:47)
I did not like the shooting pigeons and seagulls activities. What was that about ?

They're collectibles, intended to give you a reward for exploring the open-world map. Compared to the hidden packages that you simply picked up in previous GTAs, having something to shoot (which might cause a wanted level) was a step up.

I still thought they were quite rubbish and useless, I'm sorry to say. I would much preferred a drug-dealing mini-game, some smuggling activities, more gambling features like illegal card and dice games, robbing stores, I could go on. Certainly not shooting birds.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 10:08)

I still thought they were quite rubbish and useless, I'm sorry to say. I would much preferred a drug-dealing mini-game, some smuggling activities, more gambling features like illegal card and dice games, robbing stores, I could go on. Certainly not shooting birds.

Yeah I agree. I love GTA IV, but this was one thing I didn't like. Maybe if there was some variation it wouldn't have been so bad.

The only positive thing about it was seeing all corners of the map. Though really I always find hidden packages extremely tedious.

I'll tolerate it for a while, but it just becomes so boring. LA Noire is the only game I've actually bothered to collect all the collectibles in funnily enough.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (PINKbubblegum @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 18:50)
user posted image suicidal.gif

ahahahahaha icon14.gif

My least favourite feature is multiplayer splited in two types of games - Ranked & Player Match... there should be just Ranked

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 05:54)
QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 10:08)

Yeah I agree. I love GTA IV, but this was one thing I didn't like. Maybe if there was some variation it wouldn't have been so bad.

The only positive thing about it was seeing all corners of the map. Though really I always find hidden packages extremely tedious.

I'll tolerate it for a while, but it just becomes so boring. LA Noire is the only game I've actually bothered to collect all the collectibles in funnily enough.

@ Miami

I did not even bother to fully go through with shooting birds thing. I shot just two birds in my entire time playing GTA IV and the Episodes, and I've played and completed them twice over, in addition to the numerous moments I have had just free-roaming and messing around. I hope this time in GTA V we get much more fun and constructive little things to do rather than stuff like this.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (CajunSnipes @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 10:51)
THE FRIENDSHIP SYSTEM!

Yes! I hope if they put this in V that included a section in the stats what records which activities you've done and with whom. Trying to first the last activity when you're stuck on 98.75% in GTA IV is annoying.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

I didn't care for the Save & auto save. I liked the eight slots of the SA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users