Photo

Vice city police

12 replies to this topic
TheJoyrider
  • TheJoyrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 10:22 AM

What will the cops system be like in VC? I've heard they use spike strips and shoot out your tires. I've also heard the wanted level system has changed. I hope that there are cops on bikes, that would be so cool.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 02:50 PM

dude.do you mean has it changed like you wont get 1 star for hitting a cops car?that kinda stuff?also,take a look at wots cuming from above here http://gta.sky-scrap...tent....n03.jpg and this one,http://gta.sky-scraper.net/content/screenshots/images/GTA%20Vice%20City%20Media/opm2_008.jpg ,sorry for the long links,yeah man i hope they do use spike strips and i hope they dont ram the crap out of you,or kill other ppl while chasing you,the whole idea is that they protect the public :D
MACINTIRE_SNIPER :yingyang:

TheJoyrider
  • TheJoyrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 07:24 AM

i've heard the system has completely changed. I don't know how exactly.

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2002 - 08:30 AM

i'd like it if the cops enforced traffic laws, like running redlights...and if you pull over for running the light, you pay a fine...i like anything that makes the game more realistic

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:29 AM

I think the police will shoot out the tires, because when you go on the offical website ( www.grandtheftautovicecity.com )
and go to the car section, click on the voodoo and watch the clip, you see yourself, shooting a car and the front right of the car goes down, so i think you can pop the tires.

Soultek
  • Soultek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2002 - 02:47 AM

While ticketing does sound like a good idea at first think about it...With the amount of cops in GTA3 i would say if there was  ticketing you would be ticketed about once every...4-5 red lights and speeding for more like like 30-40 seconds...i dunno about you...but i really dont wanna have to stop that often or get a wanted level that often for not stopping...

Agrippa
  • Agrippa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2002 - 03:15 AM

If you watch the video of the Vodoo car getting shot, the front passenger side of the car goes down, indication a blown out tire.  Your character just shot at the car itself, so the tire damage seems to register just how much damage the vehicle has recieved.  3-4 shots at whole vehicle= 1 flat?  You must be able to take out the tires with aimed shots from the sniper rifle, i bet, adding to the realism.

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2002 - 07:39 AM

Quote (Soultek @ Sep. 04 2002,22:47)
While ticketing does sound like a good idea at first think about it...With the amount of cops in GTA3 i would say if there was  ticketing you would be ticketed about once every...4-5 red lights and speeding for more like like 30-40 seconds...i dunno about you...but i really dont wanna have to stop that often or get a wanted level that often for not stopping...

drive normal then

TheJoyrider
  • TheJoyrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2002 - 09:05 AM

drive normal then

Are you mad! How are you going to get anywhere driving normally. Remember the city is 2 & 1/2 times the size of liberty and whats the fun in driving like a sane person?. Also, it has been confirmed that tires can be shot out by you and the police, and the cops do try. And has everyone seen the pics of the cops going down the ropes from the helicopter? I hope there's a mission where you can do that. Or better yet be able to do it all the time.

Suicidesquirrel7
  • Suicidesquirrel7

Martin Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 September 2002 - 01:55 AM

i think tickets are a great idea, but limited, not every time you speed. like you can get to know certain cops, and if they see you speeding, they look the other way. also i think it would be cool to "be the cop" giving tickets and making arrests, but more detailed than the R3 mini game. my 2 cents...

Dirty Mick
  • Dirty Mick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:17 AM

I just watched that voodoo movie again and it looks more like hydrolaucs (sorry sp) not a tire being blown out.  The whole car seems too drop not just the passenger side.  I doubt if you shoot at a car the tires will pop unless your aiming at them.

TheJoyrider
  • TheJoyrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2002 - 07:37 AM

You can definately pop them if you hit the tyres themselves. The car won't stop but handling will be affected.

BrassKnuckles
  • BrassKnuckles

Iconic

• The Precinct

Posted 07 September 2002 - 03:20 PM

I think the tickets are a good idea, as long as they're used in moderation. Like someone said, every minute you speed is a ticket or maybe several red lights in a row could get you a visit from the local police. But just a ticket.

Police snipers would be a very good idea. Think of it, you're running around VC like a maniac (don't we all love it) with cops on your ass, trying not to get hit by those annoying squad cars, when suddenly, as you break into an intersection to steal a car, your head is blown off. Huh? A sniper on the rooftop. Sweet. Avoidance is the only way not to be shot, but snipers would often spell the end of a chase and most criminal's careers. They could even shoot out tires from a roof.
Then, as your wanted level progresses, the police snipers would be accompanied by more specialized FBI snipers.

Wouldn't that be cool?

BrassKnuckles, underboss to the late Alessandro DiMarino

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users