» «
Photo

GTA: Army of One

42 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 30 April 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Well, he quite plausibly had intel on the place beforehand, had witnessed what Niko could do, and just plain did not care whether he lived or died. I like the idea, but I'd much rather continue with the trend.

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I like the idea of being able to bring along a crew, but only if the AI is up to the task.

I remember more than a few occasions in SA where my gang because more of a liability... that is, if I gave a crap about them dying lol

I think a system similar to Assassin's Creed would be awesome. You could "recruit" members of your crew, send them on missions to gain experience and then bring them in when need be. If they die, time to find a replacement.

How many crime-crew movies are there? I think this would be great in GTA V.

jimi1990
  • jimi1990

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

im pretty sure somthing like this will happen. dont forget gtav theme: MONEY!

were more than likely going to see some empire building. and if theres empire building im sure were going to be able to hire goons or even manage a crew of criminals with stats, strengths weaknesses.

rockstar better add this!

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

....ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TO FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

yes, i hope they keep it. It keeps the fun up and i don't want GTA any more serious than it already is...

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (DonutPT @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 14:43)
....ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TO FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN

Don't even get me started on that mission, god damn that's another reason I liked Solo missions was becasue of the damned A.I couldn't hit a thing.

I mean if they improve the allied A.I to where they might come in handy then I can see me useing back up, untill then no. I mean IV's missions where you did have people with you where better than in the past (I.E Three Leaf Clover Packie, and Derick both actually hit things, and weren't dead weight)

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Friendly, unscripted AI leaves much to be desired in pretty much every GTA, but I think that's because they never made it a major part of the gameplay. If they made a combat system that was optionally team based then I'm sure more attention would be put on the friendly AI than in previous games. They even sucked in TLAD and TBGT but if they made crews a major part of the gameplay then I'm sure it would get revamped

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

As pointed out, Niko has a military background. He fought in the civil war and afterwards as a mercenary.

Anyway. Good idea.. they should do something. Make a choice, in IV the grittiness and comedy where at odds sometimes. I could go either way, either go back to the more colorful, weird SA or continue down the path of realism.
If they go for realism they should definitely consider something like this and turn into more of a tactical/stealthy game. I'd still like to see that game one day: a truly gritty, realistic gta-style game that's really open and has no handholding, not even mission markers. I wrote down some plans for this once, but it's never gonna be made... way too difficult (and nasty) for the modern gamer.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 14:58)
Friendly, unscripted AI leaves much to be desired in pretty much every GTA, but I think that's because they never made it a major part of the gameplay. If they made a combat system that was optionally team based then I'm sure more attention would be put on the friendly AI than in previous games. They even sucked in TLAD and TBGT but if they made crews a major part of the gameplay then I'm sure it would get revamped

Yeah that's a good reason behind it, it was never a major factor in the game play, I mean in TLAD it was supposed to be (Even though it was mainly implemented in the first half of missions and the Gang Wars), but fell short, if I had a nickel for every time I was the last one alive at the end of a TLAD gang war, I'd be rich.

TLAD still brought some cool factors into it, and if it was expanded on, and the AI improved it could be amazing.

But yeah I'm sure if crews played a big part in the game the AI would be improved drastically.

As for Crews, I'd like to see them if they where implemented well enough as I said, especially if you become the boss of your own empire it would be nice to call goons in to fight with you, or named friends part of me wishes I could have called Packie or Jacob for the occasional 6 star chase, so much room for great moments and conversations there.

It would also be nice to order people, more than SA's stay, and follow, there'd of cause be those but you could have them stay in a certain place (I.E a single piece of cover) and fire at certain enemy's, maybe an option to provide cover fire, while you sprint towards the objective, or while you get away because sh*t has hit the fan so to speak. Also it would be nice to have them serve as a distraction while you stealth your way in and kill the target.

It could add a tactical thing to the game like the above poster said, it would be a good option, I wouldn’t allways use it, but it would be nice for when you get in over your head.

JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

I hate that one man army stuff. Niko killing mob bosses and soldiers like their ants lol No retaliation or nothing smh

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

you can actually thank your beloved auto aim for the easiness of the game, if you play with auto aim off its a bit harder but they could make a bit harder but if thats gunna happen the controls cant be so stiff and I want to move fluidly when Im against cover, I would like to have tighter controls too, since MAX PAYNE 3 is advertising there controls to be as tight and percise as a FPS im gunna expect GTA V to be somewhat like MP3 in terms of the shooter and cover mechanics

I really hope the cover system is like eight days tho, that cover system is the best cover system Ive have seen to date and that game isnt gunna come out lol

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 02:18)
you can actually thank your beloved auto aim for the easiness of the game, if you play with auto aim off its a bit harder but they could make a bit harder but if thats gunna happen the controls cant be so stiff and I want to move fluidly when Im against cover, I would like to have tighter controls too, since MAX PAYNE 3 is advertising there controls to be as tight and percise as a FPS im gunna expect GTA V to be somewhat like MP3 in terms of the shooter and cover mechanics

I really hope the cover system is like eight days tho, that cover system is the best cover system Ive have seen to date and that game isnt gunna come out lol

Haha you're right about auto aim, maybe they could make it so auto aim isn't so pin point accurate? Or that maybe the accuracy of it increases as you "develop" your skill? I heard through the grape vine that the graphic designer for 8 days was hired by Rockstar so we could possibly see that same cover system in V, you're right though it's pretty awesome.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

make it like tlad if u want backup u ring ur friends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users