Texture Glitches / Reloading Problems

3 replies to this topic
Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hey there everybody.
Iīve been messing around with GTA4 + EFLC (using Patch 1.0.7.0 / 1.1.2.0) lately using around 35 Cars that have been totally replaced with their actual RL Counterparts and all the default cars been edited so they bear authentic emblems on the hood and trunk, the ENB Mod with a customized Setup (unfortunately including the red sky bug) + the Viva New York Mod (only for the Star Junction / Times Square)
around 7 Scripts including (Fuel Script, Crash Injury Script, Arrest Warrant Script, Indicator Script, Car Shop Script and Cautious Driver Script) + Traffic Load Fix due to the taxi bug which occured after inserting my sixth or seventh car... Soda Vending Machine Textures + New Radar and Hud + Realistic Damage and finally the Realistic Handling Mod.

My System :

GTX580
Intel Core i7 965XE @ 3.2 Ghz
12GB DDRIII 1333Mhz
2x Standard 7200rpm Drives

So the problem is that after lets say... 5 Minutes the textures become unsharp and then after some time flicker or totally fail their service. Sometimes it takes 10-20 Minutes but mostly itīll happen right away. If you die or get arrested youīll notice that the loading procedure will take quite some time and then you end up in front of an "ghosting" hospital.
It goes on and becomes worse and worse till the game finally quits doing its job.
I already used the commandline.txt file and entered the following lines :
-noprecache
-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions
-availablevidmem 2.0
-percentvidmem 100
-refreshrate 75

I installed 2 different GPU Drivers (the newest WHQL certified one and an even newer Beta Driver [which is currently active on my system])
Before you start telling me that Iīm using quite alot of Mods, let me tell you that I am aware of that fact and you donīt need to drop my mood saying so =D
It took 6 days straight to make my GTA4 become almost perfect (imo) and thats actually the only problem I have that really pisses me off.
Again it took me 6 full days of hard work to make my GTA4 + EFLC (which took another 2 days...) and I reintalled the game twice due to some fatal mistakes I made in the meantime.
I am damn sure I didnīt do stuff wrong here, as I put my heart and soul into modding this game correctly.
I didnīt combine bullsh*t with bullcrap but only used stable mods wisely so I wouldnīt get into trouble.
Sure there is one more problem I have but thatīs a minor one.
The Fuel Script stops working after some time... but I donīt really care about it.
I swear! You wonīt find me nitpickin @ all.

Hopefully someone out there can help me with my big time issue.

Oh btw I am running GTA4 and EFLC maxed out (except for VSync)

~Concorde2010

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

user posted image

Just adding a picture so you get a clue of what Iīm talking about... after 4 Minutes.
I entered the Hospital and got to the computer, checked my mails randomly, got back out of the hospital and ... well.. thatīs the result.

~Concorde2010

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

try disabling trafficload . the script is stable but it seems the game just can't handle too much textures at the same time . that topic may help , but don't expect "miracles"

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 17:06)
try disabling trafficload . the script is stable but it seems the game just can't handle too much textures at the same time . that topic may help , but don't expect "miracles"

Wow. I thought I tried everything... then I read your post... tried this... et voilā =D

Thank you so much dude!

~Concorde2010

P.S. Of course Iīm stuck with the Taxi Bug now, itīs alright for Multiplayer though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users