High School versus Elementary School

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic
MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Im in the middle of 11th grade and shortly before I transitioned to grade 9 in 2009 I was told that high school teachers normally assign LESS HOMEWORK? I just wanted to know if this is actually true or not. Effective this summer, you can say that I have had a good three years of experiencing high school and all the ups and downs that it has to offer. I have read news articles online such as this and this regarding teachers that assign homework each night that takes an average of THREE HOURS for the average student (like me) to complete. I was never burdened with a workload as big as this when was in elementary school, however I just need some clarification as to whether the difficultly level actually goes down, the system changes, or if it's just based on mental maturing and environmental factors.

I have a gut feeling it may be all of the above.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think the difference is, in Elementary School there's more of an obligation to do the work, same with Middle School. By high school, the teacher's attitude changes to "do the work, or don't do the work. I don't care either way"

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Try the "School = stress and frustration" topic in General Chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users