Photo

Stupid Tollbooth

15 replies to this topic
Backspacez
  • Backspacez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm driving fast, I stop and my bumper goes an inch past the toll and police go after me. The police start shooting. I try to give them 5$ and the police rip me out of my car and arrest me. Lost all my weapons that I paid a boatload for. For just a measly toll.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

A valuable lesson learnt - never pay the bridge toll!

To avoid paying the bridge toll without getting a wanted level drive an emergency vehicle. You can also avoid paying the toll by riding a motorbike through the narrow gap at the side.

Also you can travel by taxi - saves a lot of hassle.

If this had happened to me, I would just reload my previous save game to get my weapons back. Your not using Autosave are ya?

Jasper

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into the little boy's hole.

Byzantine
  • Byzantine

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Don't you have to have the sirens on in the emergency vehicle to skip paying the toll?

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Byzantine @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 22:24)
Don't you have to have the sirens on in the emergency vehicle to skip paying the toll?

I don't know about PS3 and XBOX360 but you don't need the Siren & Lights to avoid the toll in the PC Version. If you stop they raise the barrier and say "Paid in Full" or you can just smash through the barrier without stopping. icon14.gif

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

since when has a one star wanted level been a problem anyway, it takes about 20 seconds to lose esp on a freeway,

New York City
  • New York City

New York City

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

5$ for a toll; I would try to blow through it too.

Packers
  • Packers

Rock 'n' Roll

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (New York City @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 19:59)

They are actually like $10 - 15 irl

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Why bother stopping? Plow through and whoop-n-holler as you tear through traffic. Much more fun that way.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Packers @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 22:23)
QUOTE (New York City @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 19:59)

They are actually like $10 - 15 irl

That depends on where you live in real life, as around here, the only Toll Roads we have are Toll Bridges, and they are $1 to $3.50(depending on the bridge)-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

But, in-game, just drive an Emergency vehicle and you can go through for Free and without the Wanted level for Toll evasion...

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

If you saw the Godfather you'd know not to stop at tolls biggrin.gif . But they're not that bad, if you want to pay make sure you don't hit the gate, but you can't get arrested if you don't stop.

jakjawagon
  • jakjawagon

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

If you stop they raise the barrier and say "Paid in Full" or you can just smash through the barrier without stopping. user posted image

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

The amount I don't even care about that much, but having to stop and wait for all those damn cars to get their slow ass through the gate is annoying, so I always just skip through. If you keep your speed up you'll lose the cops before you cross the bridge most of the times.

Sharktopus
  • Sharktopus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

If you're really impatient, looking at your phone causes the game to skip the money-exchanging animation, making it go a little faster. And of course, if you're on a bike you can just drive around the toll booths, in the tiny spaces between the booth and the side of the highway, and in the space between the two middle booths.

But yeah, toll booths are really annoying. The AI surrounding them is noticeably bad; When you drive up to toll booths, and there's drivers about to drive off, they sit still for about 5 seconds even though the barrier is up. And the people behind the driver at the booth don't have any special behaviors for this situation (like when they're stopped at a red light), so they just act like the car in front of them isn't moving and try to drive around it. Both of those things make the toll booth go slower, because the first cars there wait for an extra 2-4 seconds before they leave, and the cars behind them drive themselves into positions that make it harder/impossible for them to drive up to the toll booth after the person before them has driven off.

But if you drive past it a little bit, get a wanted level, still try to pay it and get arrested, you really only have yourself to blame for that.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:24 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 13 May 2012 - 12:26 AM.

QUOTE (Jasper Petrol @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 20:04)
QUOTE (Byzantine @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 22:24)

I don't know about PS3 and XBOX360 but you don't need the Siren & Lights to avoid the toll in the PC Version. If you stop they raise the barrier and say "Paid in Full" or you can just smash through the barrier without stopping. icon14.gif

If you stop at the toll it pays the money! The only way I know is use an emergency vehicle with sirens going such has been said.

Edit:

Although, I think a couple of times I managed to avoid paying the toll on a bike and no police came after me.

Scars
  • Scars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

I also love driving trough the narrow gap, i discovered it while playing The Lost And Damned and now i just do "wheelie" there with car in every GTA IV, you just come with full speed and ram the side and ur car goes on 2 wheels and you can slip trough easly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users