Quantcast

» «
Photo

What does "A bold new direction" exactly mean?

186 replies to this topic
Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

PS3 exclusive? Surely there is a reason why they didnt specify platforms?

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Your guess is as good as our's. dozingoff.gif

najtrows
  • najtrows

R* Fanboy

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

user posted image

but yeah, i just think that statement is about crews and the stuff on the multiplayer side. games seem to only care about multiplayer nowadays, too bad for people like me who doesnt really like playing with other people online.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 20:35)
http://media1.gamein...s/cov_211_l.jpg

So who played Res 3 - is it really a bold new beginning in survival? Probably not.

Just another PR word. Hope it's more than PR word in case of GTA V.

no,r 3 is not a new nothing,is just another f*cking first-person shooter. The good news for we is that R* always is at the height of expectations, so the new bold direction imo is a true compromise for wait the greatest game of all time. cool.gif

Sean5
  • Sean5

Erin go Braugh

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 13:44)
The question should be, what do they mean exactly by "Grand Theft Auto"? And what exactly is an almighty "dollar"?

Seriously though, its just a figure of speech as a means to say its the best GTA yet so we have to buy it. You guys will start thinking the commas and full stops are clues....

Well, grand theft auto means stealing a car in reality..
and the almighty dollar is well, the USD. (Which isn't so almighty)

GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

I hope it doesn't mean turning into Saints Blow: The Turd....

Psychotic Mind
  • Psychotic Mind

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

Personally, my very strong feeling on this, in my opinion, it is multiple protags.

Atleast 1 good guy story

Atleast 1 bad guy story

And there might be even more

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (GTAboyWonder @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 03:58)

Why do people call a perfectly fine, fun game this? SR is awesome, and you can't deny it. GTA is better, though, and R* won't turn GTA into an unrealistic GTA clone clone.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Num3rical @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 06:27)
QUOTE (GTAboyWonder @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 03:58)

Why do people call a perfectly fine, fun game this? SR is awesome, and you can't deny it. GTA is better, though, and R* won't turn GTA into an unrealistic GTA clone clone.

Because SR The Third is sh*t. A rushed game with no replay value and nothing fun to do after the story which takes about 3 hours to complete and most of the story is just activities with better cutscenes.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Well 2 previous SR were not much better.

Ginkhana
  • Ginkhana

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 AM Edited by Ginkhana, 16 May 2012 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 04:43)
Went I saw the Grand theft Auto V trailer? Man it was f*cken Amazing, But then I thought of something...

"There is Going to be Lot's of sh*t to do In GTAV"  colgate.gif

Yup.

I'm expecting GTA V to have a lot more things to do and to spend my money with!

I love GTA IV, but the fact I can't do sh*t with my millions makes it become boring...

I want houses, businesses, car and weapon customization, a lot of activities and what not..

ThisThatSwag
  • ThisThatSwag

Jordan's on my feet. GTA in my Xbox. Only the best.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

I'm hoping if it is more then just a marketing hyperbole it will be revealed in the second trailer. It seems like it was the one thing that stood out on R* statement

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (ThisThatSwag @ Friday, May 25 2012, 15:35)
I'm hoping if it is more then just a marketing hyperbole it will be revealed in the second trailer. It seems like it was the one thing that stood out on R* statement

I too hope it is something truly amazing, rockstar sure knows how to word it so it seems that way at least.
Perhaps the bold new direction is something to do with the storyline, it could be unlike any other, or i hope so.

Maybe it incorporates all the elements from older games plus more, i have a great feeling about V.

PINKbubblegum
  • PINKbubblegum

YELLOW CARRRRRRR!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:20 AM Edited by PINKbubblegum, 25 May 2012 - 11:23 AM.

they plan on taking gta somewhere new, exciting and to throw the rule book {PFFT like they had one to begin with!} out the window. Expect the unexpected!
user posted image

black people
  • black people

jesus is my airbag

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

i wouldn't say that i'm expecting to be disappointed, but i'm pretty sure that statement was just jive aimed at boosting hype.

on that note, i'd like to see just how different this game really is, because i doubt it's going to be as radical as they claim it to be.

combo12
  • combo12

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

probobly that the protag is bald and homosexuall. anuj_cop.gif

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (combo12 @ Friday, May 25 2012, 13:13)

I'm sure you could start a whole new thread about "Would you still buy GTA if the protag was gay?"

Although I'm sure the thread would turn into a debate on gay rights and medical science, before getting locked by Ryan tounge.gif

Gazanfar
  • Gazanfar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Change from the boring Niko side.

Biggie Deaf
  • Biggie Deaf

Google me, baby...seriously.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Friday, May 25 2012, 13:17)
QUOTE (combo12 @ Friday, May 25 2012, 13:13)

I'm sure you could start a whole new thread about "Would you still buy GTA if the protag was gay?"

Although I'm sure the thread would turn into a debate on gay rights and medical science, before getting locked by Ryan tounge.gif

...as much as I would like to comment on that.

Bold, new direction? I am going to think out of the box on this one, just because I really don't know:

Maybe a storyline that truly goes off a player's decisions? If you end a mission a certain way, the next mission or the next couple of missions will have a different playthrough? R* hasn't done that before in a GTA game.

Technodiq
  • Technodiq

Drink, feck, arse, girrrls!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered (which is probably the case with you guys) but how they're describing it as a bold new direction has piqued my interest. Do you guys think this could be mission-content-wise, general gameplay mechanics, major engine changes/upgrades/differences etc? Tell me your ideas happy.gif

Personally, I noticed a strong rich people vs poor people theme within the trailer (people in skyscrapers and condos and then field workers and bums/foreclosures in the next scene) so my guess is that money management will play a part in it, no more having obscene amounts of cash at the end of the game. Always scrimping and saving for your guns, saving for homes (and businesses, hopefully)

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

I dunno, it could be anything, this is R* we're talking about so it's gonna melt are faces off. If I were to guess though, the 'Bold New Direction' would be something similar to the wow factor gta3 gave us. Who knows.... ehhhhh....

(Yakuza)
  • (Yakuza)

Dragon of GTA

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

My Idea of a bold new direction that R* is taking is releasing a trailer of the game and for at least couple of years after, giving us little info about the game itself.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hopefully it means that we will have more stealth elements in the game. It would be nice to have more missions that aren't just getting to a target, and killing said target.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

To be honest, that statment is a bit concerning, It would mean that Rockstar are going to veer away from the "GTA Formula"

Only time till tell, but maybe GTA V will become a FPS?
Maybe GTA V will become an RPG?
Maybe GTA V will depart from GTA IV and drop "realism" and go with their original route.

Its such an ambigious statment.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 01:06)
To be honest, that statment is a bit concerning, It would mean that Rockstar are going to veer away from the "GTA Formula"

Maybe GTA V will become an RPG?
Maybe GTA V will depart from GTA IV and drop "realism" and go with their original route.

Its such an ambigious statment.

I agree that the statement is ambigious, but you REALLY went off the deep end with the FPS and RPG suggestions. THAT would completely veer away from the open world sandbox that GTA is based on.

Technodiq
  • Technodiq

Drink, feck, arse, girrrls!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:12 AM Edited by Technodiq, 28 July 2012 - 01:13 AM.

QUOTE (Raynos @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 01:06)

One of the Housers said in an interview a while back they were "purposely avoiding making a FPS, as the company doesn't like doing what others are doing" (or something along those lines) and even if he where to go back on that statement, they wouldn't dare test the water on their flagship franchise, which is good in my opinion, much prefer third person smile.gif

However, with all the planes and what seemed like a working gym, it does look like they could be doing a more traditional/RPGish route. We may be back in San Andreas in more than one way. Heres to hoping! lol.gif

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

I think it's just clever marketing spiel to get people amped up for it.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:16 AM Edited by Raynos, 28 July 2012 - 01:18 AM.

lol yeap, I realize that my suggestions are rather extreme for GTA.

However, A Bold New Direction, anything could be possible.
lol apart from them making GTA V a Top Down game again.. lol that would never happen.. dozingoff.gif or would it..?

EDIT.

Nope, it wouldnt, it wouldnt be a "NEW" Direction if they went back to GTA 1 style.
Hmm, It would also not be a "NEW" Direction if they went to their wackyness of previous GTA Titles.

The key word here is "NEW", What has Rockstar never done with GTA before?

Vardolf36
  • Vardolf36

I'm the one, who survived!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

Lots of cars, a great countryside, funner missions, property buying and selling. Jobs?

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

East. The bold new direction is East. Every game moves West. The first unlocked area is always the Easternmost, and the missions move West (except for SA, where it moves in a clockwise circle).

This time around, we will start on the Westernmost island/area, and move East.

The bold new direction for GTA V is East.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users