• Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:30 PM Edited by Silent, 21 April 2014 - 09:54 PM.

The Modders Lounge

This topic is reserved for a free modders' discussion. Feel free to rant, post random modding-related stuff or show off with WIP content!

• Nights744 likes this

Joni2030
  • Joni2030

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Why you posted this for here there is - General Chat (Off-Topic) Why? this is justWRONG TOPIC

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Well, we have the request topic, you can post questions in the III coding, and III, VC and SA have their own topics.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Joni2030 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 18:14)
Why you posted this for here there is - General Chat (Off-Topic) Why? this is justWRONG TOPIC

Gen Chat? Hell no.

There's no specific forum for this this topic really.

Joni2030
  • Joni2030

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

there is that topic here http://www.gtaforums...php?showforum=1

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:11 PM Edited by fireguy109, 29 April 2012 - 09:28 PM.

QUOTE (Joni2030 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 13:14)
there is that topic here http://www.gtaforums...php?showforum=1

It's a subforum, not a topic. If anything this goes in III Other, not Gen chat.

E: somehow quoted the wrong post. whatsthat.gif

Ashwin.Star
  • Ashwin.Star

Back for Next ♪♫

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:22 AM Edited by Ashwin the new boy, 30 April 2012 - 01:31 AM.

why don't we have for the Modding Section?

Because this is Modding, not off topics or time wasting topics
- III Other will be fine i think

Post it here.

We don't have so much time tounge.gif

These days GTAG has a lot of spam like:

there is report option,
report & leave it for Moderators,

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 04:30)
Have any ideas about new scripts, found anything funny while making/playing scripts, have any general modding question or just want to talk about GTAG? Post it here.

There's a place for all of the above except for "found anything funny," in which case someone could just make a new topic about it if they find it interesting.

If you have a problem with GTAGarage then you can post about it at GTA Network Support as GTAG is a part of GTA Network.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

If it's here, might as well use it. tounge.gif

I'm looking for a beta tester for a SA cleo mod, you'll need to compile the txt yourself though. All the other details are in the readme file. smile.gif

http://upload.tjbp.net/time%200.1.zip

Thanks in advance.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:10 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 30 April 2012 - 03:24 AM.

QUOTE (Ashwin the new boy @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 05:52)
why don't we have for the Modding Section?

Because this is Modding, not off topics or time wasting topics
- III Other will be fine i think

Post it here.

We don't have so much time tounge.gif

These days GTAG has a lot of spam like:

there is report option,
report & leave it for Moderators,

I meant to say that a Lounge. And it means that to have any chat about Modding.
It really doesn't matters if you don't have time. I am not forcing anyone to post here.
I know this but you know that the report will only be taken when Moderators go to GTAG. dozingoff.gif

@All: I think you all are right about moving this to III Others. In that ways, people can discuss about any future mods. smile.gif
@Joni: General Chat is for Off-Topic Chats.
@Bad.boy: You didn't understand. We are not making any request topic.
@Adler: Really? Could you give me those links? I mean, is there any topic about discussing about new mods? I understand about General question. About funny find, I think it would be better to keep the finds in one topic.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 19:10)
@Adler: Really? Could you give me those links? I mean, is there any topic about discussing about new mods? I understand about General question. About funny find, I think it would be better to keep the finds in one topic.

Well...

Have any ideas about new scripts

The Request Topic is full of ideas, and you're free to contribute if you wish.

have any general modding question

That's what the Modding Forums are for, and users can just make a topic if they have questions.

just want to talk about GTAG? Post it here.

Again, Network Support.

I left this topic open though in case anybody feels the need to use it.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Adler @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 09:26)
Have any ideas about new scripts

The Request Topic is full of ideas, and you're free to contribute if you wish.

have any general modding question

That's what the Modding Forums are for, and users can just make a topic if they have questions.

just want to talk about GTAG? Post it here.

Again, Network Support.

1) Well, let us listen to those ideas. There, other people do the scripting but here, the creator can discuss about his own mods like any good trick about his script, mod, etc.
2) Removed it.
3) I meant any new mod which is promising or just chat about GTAG. If we have any questions related to GTAG, then Network Support is used.

You should get the meaning what this topic is for.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:53 AM Edited by fastman92, 30 April 2012 - 07:56 AM.

MK's spam (we all know it's another clone of primarily created account Michael.Knight1) still remains from 27 Apr 2012 and it's 30 Apr 2012.
Moderators rarely log to their accounts and don't seem to care about GTAG.
Mods take long to be approved. I uploaded GTA_SA_IMG_Limit_Adjuster_3_0.rar on Feb 29 2012.
The interval between the uploaded date and the current time is equal to 62 days,
what proves that moderators cannot fulfill their duties properly anymore.

The time has come to reform GTAG moderation and assign this group to deserved members who are online here everyone.
If it won't happen quality of GTAG will keep on going down gradually.

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:26 AM Edited by Bad.boy!, 30 April 2012 - 08:33 AM.

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 03:37)

I'm looking for a beta tester for a SA cleo mod, you'll need to compile the txt yourself though. All the other details are in the readme file. smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

To keep this on topic (if there is one), I've tested your mod fireguy109, but the time is set to 00:01 and I've runned your batch file.
Don't know why you'd want the compiled script, but here it is: link.

This wasn't some sort of trick, was it? I feel sort of stupid uploading that script and running your batch file (which is harmless).

EDIT: All MK's accounts
SA-Modding
SecretAgent79
MK11
MK1
MichaelKnight1
One before can't find it

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 10:53)

It will actually keep going down, Till GTAF eventually allow converted models.
I mean lets face it, The only thing worth downloading in GTAG is the scripts and the modding tools...

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Like ZAZ and Deji? I already made a topic and I think the moderators are busy. They have contributed to Modding a lot. They can make them led-Bys (like here). So, do you all think ZAZ and Deji should become Moderators in GTAG?

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Apr 30 2012, 08:27)

I mean lets face it, The only thing worth downloading in GTAG is the scripts and the modding tools...

GTAF will never do that, they're probably affraid to be sewed.

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Apr 30 2012, 08:29)
Like ZAZ and Deji? I already made a topic and I think the moderators are busy. They have contributed to Modding a lot. They can make them led-Bys (like here). So, do you all think ZAZ and Deji should become Moderators in GTAG?

I think Deji is busy enough already. And not everyone wants to be a mod.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:54 AM Edited by fastman92, 30 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 09:27)

Agreed.

http://www.gtaforums...pic=502260&st=0
Another matter is moderators tried to cease a development of good modifications or at least disrupt them.
Hopefully development of GTA IV: Renderware will be continued, on external site actually.
this conversion very much falls into the category of the above quoted rule (backwards conversion) and as such, we cannot allow it to progress further.

Well, argument with no strong justification. Such a conversion is forbidden, but why.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061115277
Argument similar to arguments against Internet piracy. It's been confirmed (in France) that fighting Internet piracy dropped sales along with it as well.
The main power of GTA games is modding what made it even more popular.

Deji and ZAZ could be if they would like to.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 14:24)
The main power of GTA games is modding what made it even more popular.

Agreed. All I bought GTA SA at the first place was because of it's modding capacity.

But, GTANet is an Official site and they have made some friends with many huge Companies. But they don't want Piracy and all to harsh their reputation. It doesn't matters how much YouTube sh*tloads, it's still awesome like this site.

Now, If we see other Modding sites like TheGTAPlace, GTAGaming, etc. They are filled with sh*t and virus but their traffic is smooth. I am thinking that GTAG is too strict. No offense.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Interesting topic going on here. I've always personally liked the idea of a place where modding can simply be discussed (though it would be better categorised by game) but I always assumed the discussion would just end up filled with help requests. I mean, the whole III Coding forum is made for discussion as well as help requests, etc. but we only get huge amounts of help requests. The ratio of modders with something to share and modders (and sometimes not even modders) asking for help is not very even. Though it's not very controllable due to the size of the forum and popularity of the forums subject. GTAForums, like GTAGaming and TheGTAPlace, is mainly targetted at GTA fans and mainly attracts GTA fans. Not modders in particular.

As flattering as it is to be considered eligable to be a moderator, I am indeed busy administrating (and still building on) my own site (which does just target GTA modders, now) and trying to finish all my other modding projects. As with the other others to be admin/moderator of something I've had (quite a few now, lol), I wouldn't be able to promise to fulfill the duties any more than the current moderators do. Basically, me being a moderator wouldn't change anything. I shouldn't be seen as eligable as a moderator because I'm knowledgable about modding or have contributed a lot. Moderator or not, I'll still be doing the same thing. Only contributing to modding. I barely even stray out of these modding forums simply due to lack of interest.

The GTA IV: Renderware case is interesting but if there were direct conversions of, say, an object, from IV to SA I can see where that is wrong. Technically, we coders convert all the time, but we write the code from scratch based on what is in another game, etc. If this was the method used by modellers, it would be a lot more legit and wouldn't just seem like the work was stolen from the game developers. But I don't see how it is okay for things from VC and LCS to be converted to SA with no one batting an eyelid. It's the exact same thing. Allowing that makes it seem to me that GTAForums aren't going by laws but by their own moral standards.

Especially with the LCS and VCS conversions. A lot of work has been put into them and we wouldn't like to see them go, but they're breaking the same rules as the IV conversion. LCS and VCS were both released after SA. Is the exception that the games weren't released for PC? Would the IV conversion be alright if the conversions were from the PS3 version of the game? Even so, how is it logical that VC and III to SA conversions are accepted because SA was released after them? VC and III have been re-released after SA anyway, so there is an unclear line here which seems to be determined by the moderators on a case-by-case basis. The judgement also seems to differ depending on what kind of file is converted. Again, unjust.

I just hope the moderators that made the rules on these things knows as much as I do about both modding and law. If those rules had been made by someone who understands them both well, they wouldn't seem so... well, wrong.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 03:26)
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 03:37)

Thanks in advance.

To keep this on topic (if there is one), I've tested your mod fireguy109, but the time is set to 00:01 and I've runned your batch file.
Don't know why you'd want the compiled script, but here it is: link.

This wasn't some sort of trick, was it? I feel sort of stupid uploading that script and running your batch file (which is harmless).

Thanks for trying it. No, it wasn't a trick. I don't have SA, so I can't compile it; however, yesterday I had an idea for a mod and I wanted to make a version for SA. If it had worked, I would have needed that compiled script for the release. I'll have to pick through it and figure out the problem. Seems I must have messed up my jumps somehow, lol. Thanks for testing it. cookie.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

It would be much more reliable to use real GetLocalTime via CLEO script. It's not that hard tounge.gif
And it wouldn't need any bad-looking batch files.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 16:40)
It would be much more reliable to use real GetLocalTime via CLEO script.

wow.gif

fireguy109 leaves to do research.

That's not one I'm familiar with. If I knew that existed this script would have already been released, lol.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

It can even be called via 0x81E514 (1.0 US address). Works just like how it's written on MSDN documentation. Popping the stack isn't required in this case.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Deji @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 00:51)
As flattering as it is to be considered eligable to be a moderator, I am indeed busy administrating (and still building on) my own site (which does just target GTA modders, now) and trying to finish all my other modding projects.

I see. But don't take us wrong. We aren't flattering. You know have more experience and thus we thought you deserve a place in Modding Group. smile.gif

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:05 PM Edited by Bad.boy!, 01 May 2012 - 02:59 PM.

I have a question: is it possible to use globals like $0, $1? If not so, why?

EDIT:
For San Andreas

KARR VS KITT
  • KARR VS KITT

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

New Account : ( Michael.Knight1 )

I can say why this is and what prompted me to .
I Banned 7 ones from GTA Network Because The Spam !
but I'm not The Started , Everyone and Everytime [ SilenPL , Bad.boy , Fastman92 . . . ] Started The Spam in My All Topic I Start it and my Mod Showroom , And Me I do not wanna this in my Mod showroom Special or My Topic in all GTA Forums .
GTA Network is Give Me 2 Verbal Warning in MichaelKnight1 Original Account Then is Banned it , But Did not want to hear my talk . Also I Thinks this Account is Banned 100% , ok goodbye

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Get the f*ck out, wypierdalaj stąd and so on.
  • KeeJay likes this

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (KARR VS KITT @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 14:49)
New Account : ( Michael.Knight1 )

I can say why this is and what prompted me to .
I Banned 7 ones from GTA Network Because The Spam !
but I'm not The Started , Everyone and Everytime [ SilenPL , Bad.boy , Fastman92 . . . ] Started The Spam in My All Topic I Start it and my Mod Showroom , And Me I do not wanna this in my Mod showroom Special or My Topic in all GTA Forums .
GTA Network is Give Me 2 Verbal Warning in MichaelKnight1 Original Account Then is Banned it , But Did not want to hear my talk . Also I Thinks this Account is Banned 100% , ok goodbye

I miss youuuuuu..... lol.gif
you're a real ghost now and your posts are coming more and more amusing as long as you keep it small

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 09:05)
I have a question: is it possible to use globals like $0, $1? If not so, why?

EDIT:
For San Andreas

You can, but you shouldn't, this will result in some errors, the jump at the top of the main is used to calculate the number of variables to save in a save game, and $0 and $1 will replace that jump...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users