Listening to Tracks on repeat is a female trait

43 replies to this topic
OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

You bunch of tarts."Oh this song is so great, lets play it again,omg its my new FAVOURITE SONG EVER"

Nah just winding you up,Ive got valid reasons as to why I believe said topic title, but its late and Ill explain tomorrow.

..but we do. That's a fact. Regardless if it's an effect of societal conditioning or biology.

cheers Otter for putting this into words, and so succintly as it wouldhave probably taken me five minutes of rambling

OP is a virgin.

Fancy a f*ck?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Ignoring everything about Male and Female tendencies since that is irrelevant and i am not sure why you added that in, i try to restrain myself from listening to good tracks as often as possible, nothing worse than overplaying a great song and ruining it for yourself.

I have ruined these songs for myself.
'Deep cover/187 on an undercover cop'
'It was a good day'
'Cat's in the cradle'
and many others i just can't recall their names.
So like i said now i restrain myself.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Chicks dig female traits. At least that's what I heard.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Ok ,as we know, women are often emotionally driven creatures (much more so than men, from long time experience.)

They are also generally very fickle in regards to their musical tastes (Not every women though,by far)

thus the overplaying of favourite tracks because its the best thing theyve ever heard, till two weeks later and everyones on the next fad.

Plus why would I listen to dope track constantly when its just given me goosebumps and I need time to reflect on it. I dont watch a horror movie twice in a row thats just shaken me up and expect it to effect me in the same way.

I also love that anticipation of waiting to hear a track again that I know will do the business. This is what I mean about restraint.

Look, its a fact that women play songs on repeat. viddy_pirate.gif

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (OH NO @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 21:07)
Look, its a fact that women play songs on repeat.

Well yes, some women do... but you're saying it like every single woman on the face of the earth listens to tracks on repeat.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (King Mystery @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 20:50)

Well yes, some women do... but you're saying it like every single woman on the face of the earth listens to tracks on repeat.

Seems like Oh No is pissed at a certain lass he knows for playing the same track on repeat multiple times, and now puts all women in to the same category. As said though, yes, some women do play a track over and over, but the same can be said about men too, as has been proved in this topic.

Personally, as I stated before, I'm only playing the track to myself, so why should I care how many times I listen to said track consecutively? I'm always finding new music to listen to, and when a track stands out for me, I play it on repeat for a while, then I carry on until I find yet another stand out track, and repeat.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (King Mystery @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 20:50)

Well, now how could I possibly know that.

Seems like Oh No is pissed at a certain lass he knows for playing the same track on repeat multiple times, and now puts all women in to the same category

well when its an old house track called "I want to f*ck you like an animal" it can be hard work. Also difficult to listen to. But yeah, I now know for a fact that all women purpotrate this heinous act for reasons, that I think we can both see, were never actually mentioned in the thread. As I never implied them.

You know,and just saying, girls im with generally have little say when it comes to what music we listen to when were together, unless theyre one of the rarer ones who have a strong opinion on musical tastes, most just go with the flow,and Id say the majority of my girlfriends have ended up listening to a lot of music I have introduced them to. (Which is obviously partly as women make concerted efforts to share a bond with you regarding something which you are passionate about)

but mainly because women generally can have a fairly flippant attitude towards music, and they are intrigued into how music can be such a huge part of your life, then they start listening themselves.

im not talking about every f*ckin women in the world here either, actually.... nobodys daft enough to think that, surely...Anyway I have met many girls who love their music, but never to the extent of men,who are definitely more cultured in their musical tastes monocle.gif

I mean, they listen to things like Westlife for f*cks sakes. And we will include Gays on the womens sides for parity, lesbians can..just..roam about at their own whim.

yes, some women do play a track over and over, but the same can be said about men too, as has been proved in this topic.

Yes, these men show female traits.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

I can't remember the last time I saw so much misogyny condensed into one post.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I know what you mean, I can't listen to a song that much back to back but when I get over-excited about a song, I absolutely have to go back and replay it but it's only 5 or so times at most. Thankfully, I never lose my interest in a song I love unless it's a complete 180 in taste. But I do find myself going away from a certain song or album after excessive listening. Only to come back and love it as much again and remember the words like I used to remember them.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Friday, May 4 2012, 21:11)
I can't remember the last time I saw so much misogyny condensed into one post.

Aye, was a struggle to fit it all in. You know, in the parts where I am serious, I am speaking earnestly and from past experiences, for what its worth.

Like when I say "men more cultured taste etc etc. Well males seem characteristically disposed into identifying with something, a sports team,music whatever...and then devoting a large majority of time to it. As much as a woman would try to understand and get involved they are generally puzzled by your reliance on it, and prefer to use their time doing something more productive. Im generalising yes but im sure this is a very common situation.

But I do find myself going away from a certain song or album after excessive listening. Only to come back and love it as much again and remember the words like I used to remember them.

Yeah definitely man.I actually do it with actual artists or groups as well and will then binge on a discography.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (OH NO @ Friday, May 4 2012, 23:07)
Yeah definitely man.I actually do it with actual artists or groups as well and will then binge on a discography.

Happens to me too. I raped Big Daddy Kane and Gang Starr's catalog from playing it so much a couple of years ago, so I hardly listened to them for an extended period and now I've gone back and love it as much.

My favorite example of loving something, ditching it then coming back for it is Limp Bizkit. I used to love them back in 2006 and listened to them non-stop. I learned all the words to "My Way" but some time in 2007, I fully stopped listening to them, now I casually go back to some of my favorite songs from then and still remember it as well as I used to. Has such a nice nostalgic vibe because things are so different for me today, compared to when I was 12.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (OH NO @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:53)
You know,and just saying, girls im with generally have little say when it comes to what music we listen to when were together, unless theyre one of the rarer ones who have a strong opinion on musical tastes, most just go with the flow,and Id say the majority of my girlfriends have ended up listening to a lot of music I have introduced them to. (Which is obviously partly as women make concerted efforts to share a bond with you regarding something which you are passionate about)

This is where their attitude towards music can actually prove to be positive though, as it tends to mean they are willing and open to listen to anything. Some of ex's have only ever been into the current music that gets overplayed on the radio, so I just dig out some tracks that are personal favourites of mine, and it doesn't seem to take long before they are rating my music better then that of what the radio gives them. My most recent ex actually asked for me to do her lots of mix CD's that were full of all the Hip Hop that I listen to...and this was a girl who's favourite artists/groups used to consist of Cher, Westlife, Take That etc...

Personally, I believe the main reason for me overplaying a track is because I tend to go for the beat of the track first, then listen to the lyrics that accompany it. I tend to listen to a lot of Instrumental Hip Hop, and the majority of this tends to have some type of recurring pattern within the beat, so repeating the track doesn't really tend to matter anyway.

I'm not someone who will literally play a track until I can't stand it, but many tracks will see me hitting the repeat button on occasion. I find no problem with this; Like I previously stated, much of the music I listen to is mainly unheard of (in terms of RL), and so I feel rather good when I find a track that just instantly resonates with me.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

user posted image

/thread

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:46 AM Edited by OnePiece, 14 May 2012 - 09:09 AM.

When I find a song I like for the first time Ill listen to it a bunch of times until I get bored bookmark it and move on. Guess that makes me a woman. Also I generally cant tell if I like a song first time round. I might go "yeah there's something here" first play and love it by the 3rd play. But if its sh*t I can usually tell first time round and don't need a second play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users