Now this is a really unusal 'problem'

5 replies to this topic
lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'm trying to mod a game (Alpha Protocol) but that's not really the case anyways. Let's assume we have a text file with
damage=10
damage=10
damage=10
damage=10
damage=10
damage=10
damage=10
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20
damage=20

and so on, it goes until a million for example.

now my question is, is it possible to make some kind of 'cmd order' or 'bot' to change all numerical values in txt file, to be multiplied by two?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:17 PM Edited by Slamman, 28 April 2012 - 10:22 PM.

Not sure if anyone can answer you, but I used to write programs in Applesoft Basic, so, no, can't do it! haha

(ha ha I always submit in the form of a joke indicator for those visually impaired who take things the wrong way in text form)

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

If you have Excel and Word you can do this (or any spreadsheet program or Word Processor but not notepad)

Type in Damage= in to cell A1 then put in your starting number into cell B1 for example 2.

Then copy cell A1 then high light how many cells down you want the recurrence of the figure, for example A2 - A10, then paste.

Then in cell B2 use the following formula

=B1+2

The do the same copy-paste process as used for the text part.

Then save the spreadsheet as a .txt file only, with no formatting, the text file should now show.

Damage= 2
Damage= 4
Damage= 6
Damage= 8
Damage= 10
Damage= 12
Damage= 14
Damage= 16
Damage= 18
Damage= 20

To get rid of the space between the "=" and the number (if it is an issue with the games programming) then open the file in Word and then Edit->Find/Replace. Or if ytou are using Word high light the gap between "=" and the number and then press Ctrl+f which will bring up the find replace box. Then put the "= " with the space at the end (or paste what you copied) and put in the replace box "=" without the space

et voila!

Damage=2
Damage=4
Damage=6
Damage=8
Damage=10
Damage=12
Damage=14
Damage=16
Damage=18
Damage=20

Save as a text file or copy-paste into your file you wish to edit. Done. smile.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

@wolf, it was a joke, lighten up, jokes are meant to be casual and non-offensive, you have some stick you must be sitting on, bub

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Little bit of an easier way.
In B1 type 2, then in B2 type 4. Now select both B1 and B2. There should be a small box in the lower right corner of the selection. Left-click and drag to the last line. It should incrementally increase each cell by 2 (in this case).

If you did let's say 5 and 8 and then did the auto-fill like it, it would inc each cell by 3 since the difference between 5 and 8 is 3, so next cell under 8 is 11, then 14, then 17 and so on.

You can actually do the same "auto-fill" with the "Damage=". Type it once into A1, select, left-click the box and drag down.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:45 PM Edited by Slamman, 28 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Alright, nuff said, I hope we all cooled off under the collar now, OP, sorry for that ... devil.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users