Anti-Aliasing

3 replies to this topic
thorough
  • thorough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Greetings dear Modding community

For some time now I've been trying to figure out the problem with this picture, which is this one:

Sorry for no-thumbnail, having issues with that on photobucket

It's got
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d95.dll

The problem is that I've seen screenshots from him in some topics, and his image is really "smooth" around the edges. His images look smove and sharp around the edges of cars at the same time, and I cant understand how, I've tried every possible antialiasing method out there. (almost like this url

If you dont have the time or resources to help me, perhaps you know where is the problem ?
Is it the enbseries.ini responsible ?
Or is there some special anti-aliasing files/config that people use who make these kind of screenshots:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I honestly don't understand how is this possible, I feel very tired and exhausted. Now way to reach such heights ? :<

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

You need SMAA.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 27 April 2012 - 11:17 PM.

These screenshots look like icenhancer stuff due to the DOF effect. The quality of the AA effect just depends on the settings you can run and the quality of the rendered car model.
There are several ways of AA possible with this ENB variant. SMAA, FXAA or SSAA. Afaik you can even combine those methods to reach the top of anti-aliasing.
The rendering in your preview pic looks normal but only for the background so I would first suppose your car model has less quality. The shader cannot render quality which doesn't exist at all.
Of course it is also important that your .ini is well configurated. Do not mess around there if you are not 100% sure what you're doing. Then better just take original uploaded settings which should
be already able to create screenshots like you posted.

thorough
  • thorough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

That was most informative, guys, thank you for your time.

The screenshots I've posted, I've taken from the ENB screenshot thread, and they're from guys, who really know what they're doing with their game.
I, myself, am not the ''screenshot'' guy, I'm just trying to make the game look as good as possible for myself.
Got enb series that I really like, and the only thing I really want is for the Anti-Aliasing to work to the max, but now I see that I'm short on knowledge, and that will probably never happen.

Gonna keep trying though ! orly.gif

Thx again !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users