Quantcast

» «
Photo

I am so ready to throw this game out the window!

14 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

So I've been playing this game for the last few days after beating VC and I am at the part of the game I stopped playing at once before, and I am so ready to do so again. Every freaking time I walk somewhere, I get shot up by these goons in a truck with guns that just kill me in seconds. And then when I am avoiding that, I get my businesses being attacked. I go, fix that, repair the building, go to another thing, and ANOTHER business is under attack. THIS IS f*ckING RIDICULOUS!!!!! I am about ready go just toss the game disc outside and use it as a frisbee. I cannot do anything like finish the Civil Assets cars because of this crap. And if I do have a chance to get a car, I then have those goons showing up blowing it to smithereens.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:36 AM Edited by Tycek, 26 April 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Then throw it out and stop bitching, because it's all you do since you started playing. I've completed this game three times (I am playing it for the fourth time now) and never had such problems.

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

You need to calm down. First the guide, now the game. What's next?

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (BenDeR_ @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 08:53)
You need to calm down. First the guide, now the game. What's next?

So talking about how the strategy guide is wrong is considered bitching? You guys seriously need to learn how to stop taking the internet so seriously.

And Tycek, is this not a message board? The point of a message board is to discuss the game whether it is good OR bad. Don't like it, tough sh*t. That is the purpose of these things. So instead of being a whiny bitch about my bitching, why don't you offer up some helpeful advice instead since you have beaten this game 3 times? It would be easier than adding to the negativity.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:57 PM Edited by BlackGuard, 27 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

You must be talking about the Shark Death Squads whom will try to kill you as retaliation for attacking their businesses. The only way of stopping their attacks, that I know of, is to save and reload.

Whenever you want to take over some of the Sharks businesses, you should take a bulletproof car with you. Make sure that you park the car away from a site before buying it or the car will disappear.

Edit - How to get bulletproof vehicles: http://www.gamefaqs....ries/faqs/45990

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I will help you with all my knowledge if you would wrote this post in a way: "I got problems with sharks attacking me all the time..." not in "OMG, I'm gonna throw out the game, bite the developers and rip the disk to the shreds, arghh, I'm so f*cking angry..." Do you see the difference?

People will be more eager to help if you'll give them chance to help you by not acting like angry three year old kid who just lost his plastic bucket.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

That's what happens when you take over Empire sites-it causes the other gangs to hate you and to either attack your business OR come after and try to kill you...it is basically the same concept as the gang territories in SA(if you remember that game?)-just this time, it is Empires and not territories and stepped up a little...

The attacks can be stopped(at least on PS2 anyway), by just saving AND reloading the save after each empire you take over..this is the way I did it, and have not experienced any attacks after reloading...Just a heads up. smile.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 15:36)
I will help you with all my knowledge if you would wrote this post in a way: "I got problems with sharks attacking me all the time..." not in "OMG, I'm gonna throw out the game, bite the developers and rip the disk to the shreds, arghh, I'm so f*cking angry..." Do you see the difference?

People will be more eager to help if you'll give them chance to help you by not acting like angry three year old kid who just lost his plastic bucket.

Kinda hard when you are frustrated due to the game. Besides, this is the internet, no

Radioman and BlackGuard, thank you for the info that saving and reloading will work.

As for a bulletproof car, I don't have one. I don't even know how to acquire one.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, the goons that come when you have just attacked their businesses can be annoying, but they do disappear if you save your game and reload. Just make sure to capture a few businesses at a time (maybe even 1-2), then save and reload. Do all of your other activities (missions, Civil Assets, balloons, etc.) after you have reloaded, and don't attack another business until you are ready to run around the map like an asshole to defend them all at the same time tounge.gif . VCS can be annoying if you don't play it much, but if you're a fan of it (like me and most others here) you'll learn how to get around the annoyances and love it.

When did you complain about the guide? Cause I agree with you there. When the game came out, the strategy guide was pretty wrong and useless. I had it, and there's errors in mission listings and vehicles and stuff. I know BradyGames tried out a beta version of the game and based their game on that, but Rockstar changed around too many of the balloons and stunt jumps and things like that, which is why the guide has so many errors. And then the PS2 version includes even more changes, which makes the guide even more useless there. I have all the guides from III-VCS, and the VCS one is the most inaccurate.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 09:15)
So I've been playing this game for the last few days after beating VC and I am at the part of the game I stopped playing at once before, and I am so ready to do so again. Every freaking time I walk somewhere, I get shot up by these goons in a truck with guns that just kill me in seconds. And then when I am avoiding that, I get my businesses being attacked. I go, fix that, repair the building, go to another thing, and ANOTHER business is under attack. THIS IS f*ckING RIDICULOUS!!!!! I am about ready go just toss the game disc outside and use it as a frisbee. I cannot do anything like finish the Civil Assets cars because of this crap. And if I do have a chance to get a car, I then have those goons showing up blowing it to smithereens.

idiot
you should give that game for your friend not throw

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

get better at the game

that is all

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Well I managed to get all but one business, which the bikers' vehicle never appears in front of for me to destroy, so I'm thinking I have to get to a certain point in the game to obtain that last one.

However, I just learned that you can do R2/L2 to cycle through the lock-on when shooting at enemies. It made the Kill 70 Sharks Rampage a breeze to get through. wow.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Well I managed to get all but one business, which the bikers' vehicle never appears in front of for me to destroy, so I'm thinking I have to get to a certain point in the game to obtain that last one.

Yea, the last Biker empire is taken over during a mission for the Mendez Brothers...So, you will have to play the storyline more to take that one...Just a heads up. smile.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:08 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 03 May 2012 - 01:23 AM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 04:23)

Yea, the last Biker empire is taken over during a mission for the Mendez Brothers...So, you will have to play the storyline more to take that one...Just a heads up. smile.gif

Yeah, I did that mission.

I've gotta say, I enjoyed the mall bmx thing. It would have been nice had the game actually explained what to do, but after I looked it up online, I had fun trying to get them all. My second try I got the last corrona at 4:31. confused.gif wow.gif

However, I've decided to not go for the 100%. I just cannot beat Land Sea Air Ace in anything under 4:57, and I cannot even make it through all of the airplane checkpoint one. I do not have the patience to spend an entire day (or days) trying to beat these. Plus, I still would have to deal with the plane races, hover craft races, and jetski stuff, so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm just going to finish the game now.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:43 AM Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez, 14 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Kain, missions like the biplane checkpoints, etc, may require experience with GTA in whole. I mean, get used to the vehicles in all GTAs and drive a lot to be able to handle it anytime real well.

For example, most of the Bumps n' Grinds levels (from LCS) were annoying to me, and took a heckload of tries! Now they take me now just 1 to no failures per level.

Same for biplane, get used to it and be patient, you'll eventually fly it smooth and it'll be under your control smile.gif . So for these driving missions, just drive the thing a lot and you'll be king.

Also for you, I'd wait till the last mission or before it, maybe then you'll be able to handle the hard vehicles and beat them easily. Also after the last mission, you could invest your time practicing for 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users