» «
Photo

DayZ

885 replies to this topic
Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:33 AM Edited by Linki, 28 July 2012 - 10:20 AM.

Open world? Check. Survival based gameplay? Check. Online? Check. At least semi-good? Check.

This is a mod for Arma 2, it's very new. I haven't played it but I've been seeing reactions from numerous players and watching videos of it and it looks GREAT. At this moment, it's the closest we'll get to the dream zombie game.

-------

The server is a 50 person server and it's called GTAForums Dayz server - imaginative I know!

You can do a search using sixlauncher.

Support the GTAForums DayZ server.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Looks f*cking awesome tbh. Thank f*ck they made it easy to mod ARMA2, some really good mods coming out for it.

Only if I had a decent connection. sad.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Oh wow, I f*cking laughed my ass off with this guys. Great looking mod, not a fun of this super fast zombies though.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 07:01)
Oh wow, I f*cking laughed my ass off with this guys. Great looking mod, not a fun of this super fast zombies though.

Me neither. Slow zombies are much more disturbing to me.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 02:33)

I just realised i watched all 5 parts bored.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

So the best zombie survival game in years is a mod. How f*ckin' sad is that for the gaming industry?

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I am buying a copy of this tomorrow so I can play this mod. Just so I can play this mod.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I tried to finish that video, the mod seems cool and all. But holy f*ck those dudes are more annoying than kids sitting behind you on an airplane.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

This is awesome, haha.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Man just watching the fifth part and I have to say this is really cool. Wish I had a PC capable enough to handle this. I do have to agree with GTA Vanja though, its stupid that the industry can't figure out that this is all gamers want. A massive survival game, not some bullsh*t story where I have to find the cause of the zombies.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 16:05)
Man just watching the fifth part and I have to say this is really cool. Wish I had a PC capable enough to handle this. I do have to agree with GTA Vanja though, its stupid that the industry can't figure out that this is all gamers want. A massive survival game, not some bullsh*t story where I have to find the cause of the zombies.

Exactly. I don't give a sh*t why the dead have risen. It's all a part of the mystery.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 03:42)

Really? I'd think that I'd feel more scared when I feel like I'm running for my life. tounge.gif

This look's pretty f*cking awesome, though. Can't wait to try this out for myself. Thank's for finding this. icon14.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Method @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 00:00)
QUOTE (Linki @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 03:42)

Really? I'd think that I'd feel more scared when I feel like I'm running for my life. tounge.gif

This look's pretty f*cking awesome, though. Can't wait to try this out for myself. Thank's for finding this. icon14.gif

When zombies run like that they seem more human to me. The distorted walking that slow zombies do, and there unstoppable mission to find you is just more haunting to me.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

i much prefer fast aggressive zombies to slow zombies. i dont see the point in slow zombies, they dont pose a threat or a presence of fear.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 23:35)
i much prefer fast aggressive zombies to slow zombies. i dont see the point in slow zombies, they dont pose a threat or a presence of fear.

Slow zombies are a threat when they are in big numbers. Wich would be the case in a city.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 03:20)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 23:35)

Slow zombies are a threat when they are in big numbers. Wich would be the case in a city.

yeah but u still need a decent balance between slow and fast. dead rising for example... shockingly slow zombies spawning in massive numbers and still no threat or fear factor for the player.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 11:05)
I do have to agree with GTA Vanja though, its stupid that the industry can't figure out that this is all gamers want. A massive survival game, not some bullsh*t story where I have to find the cause of the zombies.

But that's the thing, not all gamers what that. Sure we want games like that, but do you think the majority of the buying public want games like that? The answer is no, they don't want games like this. Why do you think simple games like COD or BF sell more copies then games like ARMA 2? If a game is too complicated, then people become afraid of trying it.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:01 AM Edited by The Killa, 27 April 2012 - 05:31 AM.

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 10:05)

Project Zomboid might tickle your fancy - doesn't take much to handle either.

As General said, it may not literally be what "every gamer wants", (open-world KotOR not made by BioWare - please for the love of tits make this a reality I will suck massive cocks if necessary) but it's still a f*cking badass concept that there should be more of. And it shouldn't take mods and indie games to do so. Not that is a particularly bad thing, but it seems like an obvious choice for a big company to pursue, no?

The folks playing in OP's video come across as annoying twats however.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 12:04)
How f*ckin' sad is that for the gaming industry?

Welcome to the real world.

In art (yes, I think video game design and such is like any other arts), there's much stuff that makes it look useless or degraded. Like the music, I could list so many examples of retarded stuff like Justin Bieber and the likes, movies also don't go far behind, Hollywood sometimes comes out with not only unexciting, but also painful to watch movies. Then there's paintings, modern art seems like minimalistic boxes made out of sh*t, while long time ago it was with perfections like Mona Lisa.

Seriously, if there's a possibility of it to go mainstream, it will not pass the chance. There's always better games, such as R*, it is even said by themselves - they're ROCKstars, the people of good music, so they also make good games. Most good music, as I can see, is also made by Indie culture people (don't confuse them with amateurs of youtube, performers need to go to school, not just flail their hands in the air and scream their cries), so there's loads of good Indie games too.

I don't want to explain any more, it's so easy to see that you can't complain about something you can't change. You can only add something to it.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Arma 2 looks amazing at night.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:29 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 25 April 2013 - 05:49 PM.

404: Post not found

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 05:29)
I watched all 20 minutes. sh*t looks fun. Wish you could customize your appearance so you're not all clones, or can you? And the revolver looks crap to shoot. For me, the downside to multiplayer PC games has been the laggy animations, or lack of animations. Baddies zip through walls and slash at you, gliding in the air. Looks ugly, but it's a small price for an experience like this.

It's still in alpha stage.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 04:29)
For me, the downside to multiplayer PC games

It's not really a PC game it's a mod. And like vanja said, it's in alpha stages and not really near completion. Just you wait it'll get better.

CaliGangstar
  • CaliGangstar

Cuckoo Cuckoo

• The Precinct

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 06:11)
I tried to finish that video, the mod seems cool and all. But holy f*ck those dudes are more annoying than kids sitting behind you on an airplane.

Keep watching, it gets a lot better. It took a while until I finally realized that a lot of the screaming was actually in-game sounds. The guys playing are pretty funny once things start picking up and it's hilarious watching their big group slowly dwindle down to just 2 guys.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Been playing this with 4chan's /vg/ people and it's been a blast taking over any place we go to with our numbers. We even got to kill Criken during his stream!

One of the best things about this mod is that it and basically all other mods will be compatible with ArmA 3. I can't wait to see some survival situations in the more beautiful landscape, and with some actual physics for players.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:00 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 08 May 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Wow I would love to play this and have been interested in ARMA II for a while. Might buy the game of Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co...36517851&sr=8-2

I'm bored of CoD and Battlefield is ruined so I'll give this a go.

EDIT I love the sounds from Left 4 Dead tounge.gif

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Really want to play this. cryani.gif

CaliGangstar
  • CaliGangstar

Cuckoo Cuckoo

• The Precinct

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well I just committed my first murder. I felt pretty bad about it at first but I gave the guy more than enough warnings. It's no holds barred in the zombie apocalypse. Here is my story:

I was wandering around the small town of Pavlovo(sp?), desperately in need of some water. The town was bone dry and I was slowly but surely dying from dehydration. I needed to do something fast. As I walk out of yet another house that has been picked clean I see a man out of the corner of my eye, slowly making his way through town. He was on the other side of a small yard behind a broken down car and hadn't seen me yet. I had the drop on him and could end this now; but I'm not a killer. Not yet. I immediately drop down behind a small fence, hit the '/' key and type "friendly?" No response. So I type again, "I need water. Can you help me? I can trade." But still no response.

Desperate to get this guy's attention, I take the risk of alerting any nearby zombies and/or bandits and let off a warning shot that flies right past his head and into the house behind him. Still not a word. He just keeps wandering around looking at sh*t and I'm starting to get pissed. After a few minutes pass and a couple more warning shots, I had to make a decision. Time was running out. If this guy wasn't going to give me his water, I was going to have to take it.

I pull out my Makarov and wait for him to move past some houses so I can get a clear shot. I point straight at his back and pull the trigger. True to life, the Makarov sucks dick and fails to end this bastard with the first clip. He turns and drops behind a car, emptying a clip as I scramble for cover behind a tree and reload. A short shootout ensues with both of us taking turns peeking out from behind the single tree that stood between us to take pot shots. Finally, after a couple more reloads, his lifeless body crumples to the ground.

I waste no time rushing over to loot his still warm body. 'Finally,' I thought to myself, 'I can get some water, hopefully some supplies and continue on in my search for a rifle.' But I could not have been more wrong. As I pulled up the inventory screen there it was, taunting me. A picture of a canteen with a big red circle with a cross through it, indicating that it was in fact, empty. I sat there for a second, slightly dazed. I had just killed a man. I had his (virtual) blood on my hands and it had all been for naught. I had turned down the path to the darkside out of desperation and I had nothing to show for it other than a now negative humanity score. What have I done?

A few seconds later I snapped back to reality and realized I was still dying of thirst. I look at my trusty map (printed, cuz I haven't found one in game yet) and notice that I'm about 2 maybe 3 miles from the coast. If I book it now I could make it just in time to refill my canteen before collapsing. So I take off running. After about 10 minutes of running I can finally see the ocean. I made it. But there's a problem. I seemed to have attracted the attention of a handful of walkers and I can see a couple more down by the water. I know there is no hope but I have to try. I'm literally minutes away from dying from dehydration and seconds away from dying by being torn apart and eaten alive by the walking dead.

I make it to the water but there is too many zombies around for me to be able to stop, refill my water, and then drink it. I run out onto a small dock and check my gear. 3 clips for my sh*tty ass Makarov. No food, no water, no bandages. I'm f*cked and I know it. In a last act of defiance, I slap in a clip and start firing. I drop a few, but it's not nearly enough to allow me to make a break for it. I'm finished. Figuring being eaten to death was a more fitting end to the sort of monster that I had become, I step off the dock and into the arms of the waiting horde.

THIS. F*CKING. GAME.

CaliGangstar
  • CaliGangstar

Cuckoo Cuckoo

• The Precinct

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'm bumping this because I just want to reiterate that everything in that post really happened. I dramatized it but did NOT exaggerate. This game is intense as f*ck and if you are like me and have been dreaming about a real zombie game your entire life then you need to check it out. Just remember that it is a mod and is still in alpha so it's not going to be perfect bug/glitch wise yet. This game is blowing up all over the internet but is getting no love whatsoever from you guys here. Get on this sh*t!

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:10 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 25 April 2013 - 05:42 PM.

404: Post not found

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users