• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hear me out...

I completely understand those who reply to wishlist threads with "this belongs in the wishlist thread!". You want to keep the main discussion area clear and free of clutter as best you can. Fine, I get and agree with that.

But, I also feel like the ever-growing Wishlist Thread is just a place where good ideas go to die. A) They get burried in the back pages and often completely overlooked/unreplied to and therefore B) it does not allow for the discussion necessary for a bad idea to develop into a good one, or a good one to evolve into a great one.

So, self-explanatory title, I'd like to see a Wishlist Section, where you can post your ideas in their own threads, and any duplicate/similar feature ideas can be combined and kept organized.

Who's with me?

LILSPILLYUM
  • LILSPILLYUM

LILspillyum

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

This is a really good idea
I agree

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

That will simply just result in more spamming.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

This forum needs a rule where if you just joined in the last year (especially the last month), you don't get to make suggestions.

Seriously, you've been here for less than two weeks. Maybe you should wait a while to see the intricacies of the forum before suggesting improvements.

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 16:42)
That will simply just result in more spamming.

Hard to disagree, but at least then the most popular ideas can be stickied, making it easier to identify the wishlist-items that have the most dicussion/interest...

Just offering an alternative to something I keep seeing, every day...

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I also agree with you, but there are some points you're missing.
There are a lot of topics showing off briliant ideas, and if you notice they don't get locked. They're often discussed, and if there's some luck, no spam will come in. Thing is, not all great ideas are getting their own topics, and it often happens that the ideas that get their own topics are bad ideas.
Just image how MUCH the GTA V forum would be spammed with topics like "My GTAV Wishlist" "Things I'd like to have / see" "I wanna these in GTAV" and whatnot. The staff already has hard times since GTA V was announced with a ton of spammy posts and topics daily. The wishlist thread is often considered, or at least that's how I see it sometimes, the place where everything goes, not matter how stupid or brilliant that idea is. But that's it. Anybody who thinks that there are some good ideas in the wishlist topic can read the post in that topic and reply.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

The best way is to mix up your wishlist in a topic so that you can trick the led-bys. wink.gif No offence.

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 16:47)
This forum needs a rule where if you just joined in the last year (especially the last month), you don't get to make suggestions.

Seriously, you've been here for less than two weeks. Maybe you should wait a while to see the intricacies of the forum before suggesting improvements.

Actually, I joined in 2004, but didn't feel like using that username since it's just my first initial, last name.

See, throughout the many years I've experienced contributing to many, many different internet forums, I've learned the "intracacies" of them... so yeah, my suggestion is valid...

Maybe the forum need a rule where if you're going to reply to a tread with a completely useless response designed to make yourself feel cooler, that post should be blocked.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:00 PM Edited by Ryan, 25 April 2012 - 05:03 PM.

No, we don't need a wishlist section. The majority of the topics that get locked and told to post in the wishlist are ones that are along the lines of just someone saying 'they should include [X] in GTA V' or 'I want [X] in GTA V'. They're pointless topics and provide nothing to discuss. You'd think someone who is really passionate about an idea or something they want in GTA V could at least create a provocative discussion about the idea or thing. Talk about how it could be integrated into the game, modes, where it would be, ect. People who actually put effort into their topics like so have them left open. All others get put in the wishlist as we don't need the forum cluttered up with "I want dis in tha gta 5!!!!!!!!!!" topics.

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

@miromiro & Ryan

Good points, understood. Fair enough.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (hockeysauce @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 17:51)
QUOTE (Icarus @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 16:47)

Maybe the forum need a rule where if you're going to reply to a tread with a completely useless response designed to make yourself feel cooler, that post should be blocked.

Deffo food for thought, but you will learn to ignore such 'members' as icarus.

I do agree with your initial point too, but as Ryan says, most will be pointless. We get atleast 150members joining this forum daily, thats on a slow day, usually around the the 300 mark, the topics which get binned would amaze you, but they are moved out quickly to stop the spam and useless topics in the V section.
Think we can lock this up now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users