When posting a problem, be sure to include the following information about your computer:
- Operating system (Windows users: be sure to mention if you have Vista/XP/7/8, and which Service Pack you have)
- Video/Graphics card type + graphics memory
- RAM (random access memory)
- If you have installed mods, search or post a topic in this forum
This will help us to identify the problem.
Be sure to have a glance through our oh-so-useful Buglist, complete with multiple solutions to well-known recurring problems.
Please post modding questions in the modding forums!
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Freezes and computer cr
Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:29 AM
I searched and tried EVERYTHING on the internet and nothing helped.
My PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP SP3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
RAM: 2048MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio Output
Here are all the things I tried to solve the problem according to what I read on the internet:
- Compatibility Mode: Windows 98/ME
- Deleted gta_vc.set
- Deleted all MP3 music files I put in the folder
- Changed Hardware Sound Acceleration Level
- Replaced gta_vc.exe with another one
- Reinstalled the game
- I have no RAM or Overheating problems since I played games that are 10 times better and heavier than GTA:VC and I never had this problem so it's obviously the game.
- I already defragmented my PC a while ago
I read that the problem might be with the sound but i took care of anything that can be related so it appears it's not..
All my drivers are up to date.
Any ideas anyone? Please...
Thanks in advance
Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:48 AM
I am doing the ambulance mission and when i turn the siren on the game crashes immediately.
Sometimes it takes some time before it crashes.
Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users