GTA with cd image & virtual drive

2 replies to this topic
UncleFu
  • UncleFu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi everyone!

I want to play GTA 1 without having to put the CD in every time, so I made a CD image of the original CD. However, when I try to play with it by mounting the CD image, it says that the GTA CD is not present. It's not anti-piracy protection or something, because if I burn the CD image to another disk, it runs fine with that, just like with the original disk. So it only has a problem with the CD image, like the virtual drive didn't act "real" enough. The same happens with GTA London 1969. Does anybody know any solutions for this, or came across the same problem? It might be worth mentioning that I use Daemon tools.

Please don't suggest downloading the classic version biggrin.gif I had a lot of bugs with that, and besides, London 1969 isn't even up there.

Thanks in advance!

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:53 AM Edited by Sektor, 25 April 2012 - 09:58 AM.

You might need to change the virtual cd drive letter, I know some old games require drive D or something low. Are you running gtawin.exe or a DOS exe? I just use a patched gtawin.exe.

UncleFu
  • UncleFu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 09:53)
You might need to change the virtual cd drive letter, I know some old games require drive D or something low. Are you running gtawin.exe or a DOS exe? I just use a  patched gtawin.exe.

Woah, it worked, thanks a lot!!! smile.gif Actually, it seems it required the CD to be present on the lowest drive right after the hard disk drives, either virtually, or not. So i guess this whole thing had nothing to do with the fact that it's a virtual drive, only the fact, that it was set to F, and my DVD-drive was set to E. Now I swapped it and it works fine, so thanks! smile.gif

By the way, I'm running gtawin.exe, but the no cd patch doesn't solve the original problem, it lets you play, but there isn't any music. Now after the swap, the game runs and there is music with the patch, but then again, also without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users