Photo

Worst Strategy Guide EVER!

4 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

My god, I have seen errors in the strategy guide before, but this is ridiculous. There were 3 balloons listed on the map of the beach area that were not in the right place, they had 6 Sunshine races listed, but the game only has 5, and they cannot even get the type of vehicles you race against right. It said my first race would be against Sanchez bikes, so I got the PGC, and everyone was using a PGC. It said the second race would be the opponents using Banshees, so I had a Sabre, and everyone was an Infernus. Not to mention there was both a Unique Stunt Jump and a Rampage I found by accident that are not even listed on the maps in their sections. WTF?! Was Brady on crack when they wrote this thing? I'm glad I only paid a penny for this guide, but still!!!

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Well, the guide was prolly written at some late stage of VCS' development.. Some minor things might have changed before game's release.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

In case you don't know...
The PSP and PS2 versions are slightly different (bonus content & moved stuff).

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:54 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 25 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 09:37)
In case you don't know...
The PSP and PS2 versions are slightly different (bonus content & moved stuff).

Are you serious?

Then again, I don't see why that would matter. The strategy guide does not even mention things like Rush/Crash, it does not have Playground on the Docks in there, and there is no way they would have changed 90% of the Rampage missions.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

http://www.gamefaqs....ries/faqs/47835

That file lists the "PS2-exclusive" content (i.e. the stuff not listed in the guide). It does not mention all the stuff that is slightly out-of-place, tho (such as the red balloons)...and there may be other small changes. I found a hidden "audience" tile just below the stadium floor that apparently isn't in the PSP port. Some of the upper "windows" of the stadium have gaps in the collision boundries big enough to let a Little Willie helicopter fly through (and then down through the stadium interior), so you can use that method to see the tile. It's a 2-dimensional image of a group of people that is just below the floor at center-stage. Careful not to fly too low, of you'll warp back to ground level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users