Photo

Chernobyl Diaries

5 replies to this topic
BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Check out the teaser trailer for Chernobyl Diaries, a horror thriller penned by the creator of Paranormal Activity.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'm not usually one for horror movies, but this actually looks not to bad (as far as you can usually tell from a trailer).

Probably because of what the film is using as its story-telling tool of Chernobyl, so it's not like a "Ooo it's a scary house" theme, it's something a little more tangible.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Oh, great! Another pair of trousers ruined! mad.gif

In all seriousness, the Paranormal Activity films have always had me hooked and had me jumping more often than a suicidal rabbit on a bridge. The director is pretty good at this so I'm looking forward to seeing this film, which is odd seeing as I don't normally like having my soul jump through my chest. Meh...do one thing a day that scares you and all that nonsense.

Anyway, I didn't know this existed before this post so cheers for sharing, man.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 23:37)
I'm not usually one for horror movies, but this actually looks not to bad (as far as you can usually tell from a trailer).

Probably because of what the film is using as its story-telling tool of Chernobyl, so it's not like a "Ooo it's a scary house" theme, it's something a little more tangible.

This.

I actually enjoyed Paranormal Activity. I'm normally sceptical about this sort of films but I watched it with the ex some time ago and quite enjoyed it.

I love the Chernobyl setting.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:14 PM Edited by Slamman, 25 April 2012 - 06:20 PM.

It's quite a leap from low budget PA and Blair Witch to filming anywhere near the actual site, it's only marginally safe there with radio active contaminants in the ground for millions of years! YIKES, that's scary on it's own, and they said the sarcophagus is failing IIRC!

I think we posted on the topic here some time ago because there was a factual documentary made by a female motorcyclist who would drive though, and record the status for a limited time
It's basically only legal I think to be there for a half hour or a few hours at most, then you have to leave the zone? I'm thinking they built interior sets to shoot at length in

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yeah you can go in and do tours of the place. I'd loved to go with my camera.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users