» «
Photo

Car "white" reflection problem

3 replies to this topic
MartyMcFryser
  • MartyMcFryser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:10 PM Edited by MartyMcFryser, 24 April 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Hey, I imported some VC cars into SA, but all of them have that weird white reflection:
user posted image
So, it reflect the low poly wheels and looks really ugly, I wanted to know a way to remove that white reflection from the car.
I use 3DSmax

Son Of Big Boss
  • Son Of Big Boss

Having an existential crisis after Korra ended

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (MartyMcFryser @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 18:10)
Hey, I imported some VC cars into SA, but all of them have that weird white reflection:
user posted image
So, it reflect the low poly wheels and looks really ugly, I wanted to know a way to remove that white reflection from the car.
I use 3DSmax

your problen is, the car have no reflections, that what you call reflection is the vehicle specular map, i usually put reflections map to make my car look cool
press M and pick car multimaterial, look for the primary and secondary colour
in main part where you can put vehicle textures and colours appear a little thing what is very important, and using this you can make your car look more cartoonish, and very white,

in gta parameters, in main put ambient on 0.5, specular 1.0, and diffuse 1.0, a little lower says "reflection image", you can put a reflection like a picture or something but never use gta default reflection because wont reflect anything, click both squares and put your picture to reflect. lower will appear "specular image", thats something important too it make cars look like yours, here you can put default specular but put something like 30, will make your car have nice specular, like any other cars, if you dont use this parameter your car will look dark just like the super gt, sadler, or sandking, in the bottom of the window you will see something like gta specular level with a colour square inside, put in blend 0,05, spec alpha 255, and the colour square white, that will make your car look less shiny

this is my polaris v8 mod and the things i told you are part of the process of making my mod

Something very important change your car glasses alpha to 110, in your picture looks like you haven't glasses

Son Of Big Boss
  • Son Of Big Boss

Having an existential crisis after Korra ended

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (sentinel_xs @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 22:10)
QUOTE (MartyMcFryser @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 18:10)
user posted image
I use 3DSmax

your problen is, the car have no reflections, that what you call reflection is the vehicle specular map, i usually put reflections map to make my car look cool
press M and pick car multimaterial, look for the primary and secondary colour
in main part where you can put vehicle textures and colours appear a little thing what is very important, and using this you can make your car look more cartoonish, and very white,

in gta parameters, in main put ambient on 0.5, specular 1.0, and diffuse 1.0, a little lower says "reflection image", you can put a reflection like a picture or something but never use gta default reflection because wont reflect anything, click both squares and put your picture to reflect. lower will appear "specular image", thats something important too it make cars look like yours, here you can put default specular but put something like 30, will make your car have nice specular, like any other cars, if you dont use this parameter your car will look dark just like the super gt, sadler, or sandking, in the bottom of the window you will see something like gta specular level with a colour square inside, put in blend 0,05, spec alpha 255, and the colour square white, that will make your car look less shiny

this is my polaris v8 mod and the things i told you are part of the process of making my mod

Something very important change your car glasses alpha to 110, in your picture looks like you haven't glasses

this is my car user posted image

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Your specular highlight is too big, use value between 40-60, or turn it off. notify.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users