Quantcast

» «
Photo

Deal or Revenge?

19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which ending will you choose? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Which ending will you choose?

1. Deal (4 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Revenge (40 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

I just completed GTA IV, and i want to ask you a question
Which ending do you choose

in one of the missions, we sould make our decision

Deal - Dimitri as final boss, Roman dies, We brake up with Kate (although she still thinks us as a firend) 2 people lost (Roman and Kate)

Revenge - Pegorino as final boss, Kate dies, 1 people lost (Kate)

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

I've finished the game three times, and I prefer the revenge end.
It fits better to Niko's profile. Dealing with Dimitri was a courageous end, but not noble for Niko. wink.gif

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

There is already a topic like this on this forum.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

I've always chose Revenge (except from on my first play through of the game, which I still regret ever choosing). I can never ever see Niko dealing with Dimitri again after everything he has done to him (Niko) and his friends, family and people around him, it is just so out of Niko's character.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (CJ killed Ryder @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 11:54)
There is already a topic like this on this forum.

not anymore I believe, only 4 pages, all the old topics are just gone last i checked

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

It definitely fits Niko's character more to go for the "revenge" route.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Revenge.

The ending just is more satisfying with having Niko kill Jimmy. Dimitri killing Jimmy in the Deal ending just feels anticlimatic since Jimmy was the true villian of the series, Dimitri was just an idiot.

Plus, Roman's death just seems out of place and is not as tragic as it should be, whereas Kate's is since noone there really knew Kate.

My only complaint is I love Jacob, he is my favorite character in the game, but it should have been Packie in his place in the Revenge ending. It just makes more sense for Packie to be there because of his sister's death.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Revenge for me.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Revenge was the obvious choice for me the first time. That Dimitri guy wasn't really a trustworthy person from the beginning. I've tried the Deal mission too but didn't really like that one. Besides if you choose this mission I think you're only able to kill one antagonist. If I remember correctly Pegorino didn't play a big part in the the Deal mission.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

I chose Revenge the first time, but when I chose Deal I felt as if it was a better ending. I didn't like in Revenge how we killed Dimitri first and Pegorino last.

Sure Pegorino was a scum bag, but he was introduced very late into the story and I didn't feel as much contempt as with Dimitri. On its own I doubt Niko would've dealt with Dimitri, but he was doing it for Roman after all.

The whole Niko/Kate relationship didn't have much meaning IMO as I couldn't careless about her. Roman was there from the beginning. I genuinely believe if there was only one ending Deal would've been it. Niko was a very easily convinced man and I could see him putting personal issues aside for money if it meant benefiting Roman, but as we all know it bit him in the ass big time.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Revenge. Because I had enough money and f*ck dimitri.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:32 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 29 April 2012 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 03:29)
I chose Revenge the first time, but when I chose Deal I felt as if it was a better ending. I didn't like in Revenge how we killed Dimitri first and Pegorino last.

Sure Pegorino was a scum bag, but he was introduced very late into the story and I didn't feel as much contempt as with Dimitri. On its own I doubt Niko would've dealt with Dimitri, but he was doing it for Roman after all.

The whole Niko/Kate relationship didn't have much meaning IMO as I couldn't careless about her. Roman was there from the beginning. I genuinely believe if there was only one ending Deal would've been it. Niko was a very easily convinced man and I could see him putting personal issues aside for money if it meant benefiting Roman, but as we all know it bit him in the ass big time.

I think it worked perfectly having Pegorino as the enemy in the last mission.

The last enemy should always be a surprise in games. Look for example at Red Dead Redemption, the final boss (Edgar Ross) was also introduced late in the game. And compare Dimitri with Dutch van der Linde. A bit comparable with the Revenge-ending in IV: after Dutch died John Marston thinks his problems are over and suddenly he gets killed by Edgar Ross, Niko thinks his problems are over after he killed Dimitri and suddenly Kate gets killed by Pegorino.

Also, maybe Niko became wiser and did not want to listen to Roman's advice anymore, and it is logic that that he is now listening to Kate. Because: wasn't it Roman that brought Niko to America with his lies in his e-mails?

Revenge is canon.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I damn loved working for Jimmy and when I found out in the end that I had to kill him, my only thoughts were - Wait, I won't get any more missions from him? cryani.gif

For me, Revenge is the way to roll, as Niko knows how Dimitri doesn't favor anybody but himself.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Revenge for me.

I think not only dose it suit Niko better, but losing Kate seems like a bit of a poetic way of doing things, two women Niko loved, or were starting two taken from him due to different circumstances. He still has Roman and the various friends he made though his dealings in Liberty City's crime world. It also felt like it was the right thing to do, you promised your self and your cousin you'd kill Dimitri, and I mean who are you kidding if you think Dimitri would have just let by gones, be by gones.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Am I the only one who picked Deal mad.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Am I the only one who picked Deal mad.gif EDIT:accidental double post

Sharktopus
  • Sharktopus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think just about everyone with any sense chose revenge, but having played through the game a couple of times my opinion:

The one that makes more sense with the storyline is revenge, because there's no way you let a chance at killing Dmitri go to waste, and there's no way you work under him again after what he's done to you and Roman.

But if you ignore the storyline and the outcomes of which mission you take, the Deal mission is more fun; I like Phil Bell as a character, so I liked getting to hear more of him, plus the Deal mission, in addition to the obligatory big shootout, also had the little chase at the end which I thought was cool. If you do Revenge it's just a big shootout.

Doing the Deal also changes the last mission a little bit, where you now have to drive in a boat chasing after Dmitri's helicopter, instead of chasing Pegorino's boat on a bike. I did not enjoy Dmitri and his magical rockets that would hit my boat as I'm getting onto it (and also my helicopter right as I was taking control of it)

Still, my personal advice is that if you're replaying the game again, you should at least try/beat deal mission, just to see what it's like, and just ignore the storyline implications of it.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

A big problem I have with the endings is that you get 250k at the end of both of them anyway.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Sharktopus @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 12:27)
I think just about everyone with any sense chose revenge, but having played through the game a couple of times my opinion:

The one that makes more sense with the storyline is revenge, because there's no way you let a chance at killing Dmitri go to waste, and there's no way you work under him again after what he's done to you and Roman.

But if you ignore the storyline and the outcomes of which mission you take, the Deal mission is more fun; I like Phil Bell as a character, so I liked getting to hear more of him, plus the Deal mission, in addition to the obligatory big shootout, also had the little chase at the end which I thought was cool. If you do Revenge it's just a big shootout.

Doing the Deal also changes the last mission a little bit, where you now have to drive in a boat chasing after Dmitri's helicopter, instead of chasing Pegorino's boat on a bike. I did not enjoy Dmitri and his magical rockets that would hit my boat as I'm getting onto it (and also my helicopter right as I was taking control of it)

Still, my personal advice is that if you're replaying the game again, you should at least try/beat deal mission, just to see what it's like, and just ignore the storyline implications of it.

Yeah, I also think the Deal Mission has the better shoot out of the two, not to mention Phil Bell like you said, who I also enjoyed as a charictar. (Really wish he could become a friend, I think he'd have some good convorsations)

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

I chose Revenge, even though i was able to spare Darko, Dimitri was somebody i promised i would never work with again.
Also, Pegorino was a shmuck, i never liked him and i was sure as hell i wasn't gonna do what he said just because he said so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users