Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you add IV radio stations to EFLC?

6 replies to this topic
Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm looking to add Classics FM back into EFLC. How would I go about doing this without using scripts or asi mods?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 22:45)
I'm looking to add Classics FM back into EFLC. How would I go about doing this without using scripts or asi mods?

If you have GTA IV copy the audio folder from IV to EFLC.

However two downsides.
-EFLC exclusive radio is gone.
-You may crash when changing stations.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

This works?
http://www.gtagaming...cript-mods/8270

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 00:25)

However two downsides.

Excuse me sir, but does the invert thing work ?
Never tried, I mean one EFLC station replaced by something else on IV ?
smile.gif

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:41 AM Edited by Vintage88, 24 April 2012 - 10:03 AM.

@Maj - Yeah but it's a script. Trying to avoid using any extra scripts/asi mods as to prevent crashes and lags

EDIT2: Whoa, they have a tutorial apparantly in that mod. I'll check it out
EDIT3: Nope they're full of sh*t.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 00:25)

However two downsides.

Yeah I'm hoping to get them all combined. =(

I'm thinking there should be a way to add them to audio/sfx, add the reference lines in a file or two in common/data, add the new icons to the radio_hud files in pc/textures, and voila.

However I have no idea which files in common I'd need to edit for that.

EDIT: I see radiohud.dat will take care of the visual aspect however I'm in the dark as to how I'd load up the audio itself.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Would it be a big deal to use one extra script?
besides i dont think there is any other solution its impossible to mod audio files as far as i know...

gremlinkurst
  • gremlinkurst

Old Hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

This doesn't look like a private message to ME (I got to this page by agreeing to view a private message in a new window, so, since I didn't write the offending script, it's someone ELSE's head that should be bitten off), but I am interested in this thread; it's a valid issue.

Please tell me if this is the folder responsible for the music content of the radio stations in GTA IV, the one where Vladivostok FM is NOT royally whacked like in Gay Tony and Lost:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Sfx. I'll try as suggested and (backup first!) replace the EFLC file and post results if it doesn't work. I have noticed, BTW, that if user files [in Documents directory, not game directory] are changed while game is running, before using the affected station, one should do a complete scan from the in-game menu, else static may result on all stations, and sometimes affect even other SFX files like auto, boat, and MC noises (if that happens, quit and restart).

Also, my expertise is not audio, so someone who knows more, here's a related question: Sometimes audio levels on MP3 files on user-determined Independence FM station are way too low. How may I edit those audio files so I can actually HEAR the songs. If I were recording the sound files myself, I would know how to increase the amplitude of the signal, but I have no idea how to change the base volume level for an audio file that has already been recorded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users