Photo

Construction on the map

17 replies to this topic
gr8griffin
  • gr8griffin

I have five of broats

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

I've been thinking about construction of things on the map in GTA V. I mean seeing construction workers fixing things like in GTA IV but actually fixing things. There could be minor construction that would randomly occur on different things like buildings or roads that would take place over time and wouldn't effect the storyline i.e. a pothole, broken fence, etc. And there could also be major construction that would be supposed to occur to effect the storyline i.e. the construction we see in the trailer on the Mile High building. This type of construction would be something that would be complete once a a certain mission is passed. An example is in GTA III when you begin the game, the first bridge is broken so you have to complete most of the Portland missions to cross it. This could make the game a lot more fun for players who become bored with the same map.
What do you think?

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Only if you get to ram the construction scaffolds and watch all of the workers fall off.

gr8griffin
  • gr8griffin

I have five of broats

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Well something like that or if you do that then they'll have to start repairs again.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think it's a good idea. Outside of the larger projects, there could be several destructible aspects throughout the map that would actually require a few days in the game for repair (which we can watch progress when passing by).

gr8griffin
  • gr8griffin

I have five of broats

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thats exactly how I feel. I think there was something like this in beta GTA San Andreas

TheD94
  • TheD94

Undead

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (gr8griffin @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 22:20)
Thats exactly how I feel. I think there was something like this in beta GTA San Andreas

But for lightpoles only. After a lightpole gets destroyed, it will remain destroyed untill a technican fixes it.
But i wonder where the beta infos of SA comes from anyway sarcasm.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

In GTA IV they just had fun placing pylon cones out here and there, at times the construction that was implied was confusing, I assumed all collector bins were intended as special jumps you had to achieve, either way, it added to some fun around the town

I recall in Red Dead Red, the mini-animations for NPCs showing them working on tasks, that could be more of what GTA will involve with it's present evolution, the guy pounding in the SALE sign at his house, this is probably not an animation with much more attributed to the NPC's life around the virtual World, We're not that far along with AI

skrillarilla
  • skrillarilla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

icon14.gif damn beat me too it D: but yea i love this idea it would be very fun

Carmelo
  • Carmelo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen people say the trailer shows the Mile High Club at different stages of construction, me personally I cant see it, would be appreciated if someone could come through with stills proving this.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

the unfinished construction of the Mile High club building in the first trailer definitely open the door to this possibility.

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Nice topic. Always wanted this in gta. Would be awesome too if they repaint buildings and whatever with different colours (like buildings start to loose colour as the time passes)

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I believe in game, we will see the start of the Mile High Club building being built and with each day passing in game, another level of the building will go up until after maybe 100 days have passed in the game or until the player has completed all the storyline missions except the last one, which I believe will take place in that building

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 14:21)
I believe in game, we will see the start of the Mile High Club building being built and with each day passing in game, another level of the building will go up until after maybe 100 days have passed in the game or until the player has completed all the storyline missions except the last one, which I believe will take place in that building

Wow, this is actually very likely imo. There isn't much of a reason for R* to purposely leave the building unfinished throughout the entire game.

skrillarilla
  • skrillarilla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (interpolfan11 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 23:45)

Wow, this is actually very likely imo. There isn't much of a reason for R* to purposely leave the building unfinished throughout the entire game.

there wasnt a reason in gtaIV but they left all the construction not done or being worked on

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (skrillarilla @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 18:49)

there wasnt a reason in gtaIV but they left all the construction not done or being worked on

Every GTA since III has had an unfinished building (I can't remember which was in SA).

In III it was that building on the second island.

In VC it was Avery's building.

In IV it was Yossuf's building.

In V it will most likely be the Mile High Club(although it would be great if they did finish it)

skrillarilla
  • skrillarilla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (spike88 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 23:55)
QUOTE (skrillarilla @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 18:49)

Every GTA since III has had an unfinished building (I can't remember which was in SA).

In III it was that building on the second island.

In VC it was Avery's building.

In IV it was Yossuf's building.

In V it will most likely be the Mile High Club(although it would be great if they did finish it)

the one in GTA SA was the one next to the skatepark that they had

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

This won't be a game environment that changes in real time, realistically, but they do or have hinted at some GAME CHANGING aspects, I don't think it will relate to seasons based on the location already, that's nice year round

What's likely is similar to the Stories, a building is there early on, as the mission calls for explosions, it effects that location here-after. This is also effecting geography in the BoGT, where the crane is bombed

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

before you arrive, an earthquake hit: a couple bridges are down/blocked off, some blocks of the city are closed (with the building fallen down)

a few missions in, one of the bridges to the next island is unlocked, a few blocks are opened, those buildings cleared up into vacant/fenced off lots of rubble.

A few more missions, third area is unlocked, the last of the earthquake buildings are cleared up, opening access to new areas/blocks of the city (maybe mission related)

in between those two large changes, there would be the occasional road blocked off for work, or a lane on the highway closed.

like IV you wouldn't see the road work, but the signs, barricades, and pylons would be up, and (maybe) construction vehicles parked in/near the work sites. (including regular pickup trucks with a construction company logo/paint livery on it. IE: high men construction.) there would also be "working" pedestrians walking amongst the sights, enacting mini animations like sweeping, carrying stuff around, etc.

after a few missions/in game days those sites are gone, and the road is in working order again, onto the next work site?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users