Photo

Music that makes you sad

56 replies to this topic
Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Definitely some music to listen to if you're feeling like sh*t and you want to feel even worse.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

The only song that makes me shed a tear.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:34 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 02 August 2012 - 04:38 PM.

First of all, great topic, man. I wanted to open up a topic like this some time ago, but I gave up.

So, here's a couple of songs that make me sad or wake up some strange emotions in me:

There are so many more, but.. If there are any other people who can relate to emotional kind of music, they'll dig this songs.

glenn tha killer
  • glenn tha killer

Irish.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 16:34)
First of all, great topic, man. I wanted to open up a topic like this some time ago, but I gave up.

Thank you man, I wasn`t sure if it sounded a bit immature or not. lol.gif icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (glenn tha killer @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 17:08)
QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 16:34)

Thank you man, I wasn`t sure if it sounded a bit immature or not. lol.gif icon14.gif

Nah, it's great. I always wanted to hear what beat, melody or words make other people sad or bring up interesting emotional state in them biggrin.gif

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I've always had a soft spot for slow music and no one does this better than Sigur Ros. This song is from their album Untitled. A nice little fact is that the "lyrics" he sings are in fact gibberish. He didn't want them to make sense so that the listener was given more freedom to interpret what each song meant, hence everything on the album is untitled. Personally, I think it's genius. This track is "Untitled #1", also know as "Vaka". The combination of his sad singing and an even sadder video (directed by the amazing Floria Sigismondi) make this one heartbreaking experience.

This one is a very simple piece. I don't really have anything interesting to say except for that the strings at the end bring a lump to my throat. There's something about them that is undoubtedly painful.

This is another masterpiece of simplicity. Whilst the lyrics aren't all that special, the way he sings them is. There's a haunted feel to the vocals and it just sends shivers down my spine. I was lying in bed the first time I heard this, a little high, and as the song got closer to the end I found it all the more difficult to stop feeling so hurt by it.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

A bunch of the songs posted have been sad (I'm thinking Sigur Ros, The Antlers) - but the true Kings of depressing music have to be Godspeed You Black Emperor!

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Not really a typical 'sad' song I guess, but there's a very personal reason for this song making me sad. My parents divorced in 2010 when I was 15 years old, this was my mum and dad's song, if you know what I mean, it was 'their' song, a bit sappy but this song just brings back a lot of memories of my mum and dad being happy throughout my childhood. The past 2 years have been really sh*tty, as far as my family situation is concerned. I get really upset about it often nowadays, I can go see counselling and I have a session booked in soon. But the fact of the matter is, my mum and dad will never ever be happy together again, and it feels like 15 years of my life has just been completely ruined, I can rarely think of anything from my childhood without getting upset about it now, in a great deal of my childhood memories, I'd say at least 75% of them, my parents were there together with me, as a couple, and I can't think of said memories without also thinking of 'mum and dad'. So yeah, this song just brings back some good memories that hurt to think of, I guess

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

This song is sad just because of it's commentary on society.

I've been to court twice. One(traffic offense) was just silly and wrong and thrown out quick, the other one(traffic offense) I was actually guilty and it was a pretty heavy deal that is why I went to court. This song played through my head during the whole case. Not to say I won but we managed to get my sentence down from $2000 to $100 and a 4 year suspension from the state of Maryland.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:57 AM Edited by Glenn., 11 August 2012 - 04:05 AM.

That was very touching indeed trip. I think when you can connect your experiences and feeling to a song it becomes a personal teer jerker.

I suppose it was a common feeling for me in the past to think that I had a friend then I would be betrayed. Usually I`d lose self esteem, but this is kind of different. The artist is exposing the ex-friend in this case.

@Benzoboy & Joseph: That is truly indeed the definition of a sad song. Its the tales tied to it that gets people the most I think. I wish you good luck in moving on.

And in case nobody knows I`m the OP.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Usually, songs generally never make me the weepy kind of sad, but certain ones do make me think about life and make me joyfully sad, mostly when I feel grateful to have this and that. Certain songs also bring me back to a time and place of my life where it brings back memories to reminisce about.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

In fact quite a lot of KC's catalogue. great music though, of course

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

This makes me sad because it reminds me my good times

And this too, but it's because the great person that I ever heard about is dead, he changed the world,
he was a revolutionary and never will be forgotten. Also a inspiration for me and for those who feel him
and wanted a better world.

and

iLiR
  • iLiR

Spinnin'

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Reminds me some old memories...

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

This one is very touching, reminds me of some life experiences I had.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

This is the saddest song I have ever heard but mostly in a good way. It almost makes me cry.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I don't exactly know why this song makes me sad - past life maybe. It's just a sad song about sad people.

People trying to be someone else in life, and they hate it. You either get the person who hates their life, or the person who hates pretending to be someone else.

They all rely on the 'piano man' to lighten the mood, when in fact, the 'piano man' hates what he's doing in life, and doesn't like what he became.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've always found Sonic Youth to pull my emotions more than most other bands, not sure why.

hayden11
  • hayden11

The Originator

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

A few personal choices, all three hit deep:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

"Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" and "Captain Kennedy" are two really sad shipwreck songs, at least to me.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Love these tracks to death but i avoid listening to them when i'm down.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Silent Hill 1 - Not Tomorrow cryani.gif

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

I guess I'll wade in with Bitter Glass by Feeder.

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

"A Classroom in Heaven" by Michael Vega... it's a tribute song about the recent Sandy Hook massacre.

Stardrone
  • Stardrone

Lux Aeterna

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

You should definitely play this series smile.gif

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

The parts referring to the "morsel" and "hunger" obviously relates to pills. There was a time in life I'd wake up early mornings around 5 AM to take a bunch of Xanax and just pass out until the next night. Usually this was a rinse and repeat thing for 3 months. 3 months of being locked in my house with little contact to the outside world. A concerned friend sent me this eventually and said it reminded him of me.

Waking up early to this song now and listening to it brings me back to those times. It's hard to listen to. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I was born in Derry, Catholic mother with a English soldier prot father. This song just reminds me of how much of a sh*t hole Ireland is and how happy I am i'll never have to return.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users