Photo

Collision Problems

2 replies to this topic
EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I have added an object to SA, and the collision looks fine in both Coll Editor II and in 3DS Max, however, when ingame, there is an invisible wall right down the center of the object, spanning along the Y-Axis of the coll, running from the highest point of the model to the lowest, from the left to the right, I'd like to enquire a) how this has happened, and b) how I can solve it, since editing the collision, poly-shaving it and re-exporting has done nothing.
If it means anything, the invisible wall has a wood collision, presumably the same ID as one of the Mats I've used on my models collision...
(That's ID 43 - Wood_Solid)

Thanks in advance to any who can help.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (EvilRaptor @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 04:47)
I have added an object to SA, and the collision looks fine in both Coll Editor II and in 3DS Max, however, when ingame, there is an invisible wall right down the center of the object, spanning along the Y-Axis of the coll, running from the highest point of the model to the lowest, from the left to the right, I'd like to enquire a) how this has happened, and b) how I can solve it, since editing the collision, poly-shaving it and re-exporting has done nothing.
If it means anything, the invisible wall has a wood collision, presumably the same ID as one of the Mats I've used on my models collision...
(That's ID 43 - Wood_Solid)

Thanks in advance to any who can help.

have you placed the object at another place to make shure that the wall isn't form another object?
in which way did you made the colmodel?

I sometime had failures where the colmodel was not at same center as the dff model, i could see this in MEd
it happend allways with models which i created from new
i fixed it in this way: i imported a sa dff model, attached my new model to the imported dff model and deleted then the mesh of the imported dff model
so my new model got the proper center

check it out in MEd, select the object, the red border shows then the position of the colmodel
MEd shows also the whole colmodel which is assigned to the object, look in IDE window and click on COL button
maybe you have model doulbes, either doubles of dff or of col or of ID number or IDE model name

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:11 PM Edited by EvilRaptor, 24 April 2012 - 11:24 PM.

I used the base model for the collision, polyshaved it, and before exporting both the DFF and the COL I reset XForm and closed the modifier; I've been trying to take cautious steps to ensure stuff like this doesn't happen tounge.gif
I also always ensure the Gizmos are at the same place and the model's at 0,0,0 in 3ds max before exporting, could it perhaps be due to overlapping collision planes within the col?

EDIT: Just found that it's to do with lots of small polys being close together, particularly triangles that don't form boxes or "sealed" objects, planes in open space as well as overlapping models that form the collision biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users